sharetrader
Page 66 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667686970 ... LastLast
    Guru

Moa listed at $38m just over 8 years ago and now being sold off for less than $2m... wealth destruction at its finest indeed.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    So after all the spiel on the value of the brand, and the wealth destruction that came with it, in a cum covid environment, they sell the part of the business that can sell online, and go fully into hospitality venues that can be shut down.
    Doh.

No wonder the Moa went extinct.

Do they want to give Nosh, or whatever the Mad Butcher is now a run for their money?

Not much to Savour here...

Maybe they need a saviour.
    Probably not bad move, the beer side of things must be bleeding quite a bit on cash flows with more expenses and less profitability. I'm sure new cornerstone investors like Colin Neal and Cushing family would've some influence on this new direction that they want the company to take, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Probably not bad move, the beer side of things must be bleeding quite a bit on cash flows with more expenses and less profitability. I'm sure new cornerstone investors like Colin Neal and Cushing family would've some influence on this new direction that they want the company to take, time will tell.
    Plus the beer sucks.

Guru

Always interesting when they sell to an insider......must see potential where the board doesn't??

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Always interesting when they sell to an insider......must see potential where the board doesn't??
    Probably didn't find anyone else keen to take on board, sp support today suggests that its surely wise move to dump the beer outfit...

Advanced Member

Yes, and how transparent was the sales process, independent valuation, put on open market, etc.?

Let the shareholders suffer all the devaluation, then pass it over on a related party transaction at a price that it cant fail to make a profit going forward?

Advanced Member

Oh, and while their at it, change the auditor, and change the name, so the old graph and sad announcements will disappear from many sources.

Talk about cleaning out the beer lines...

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Oh, and while their at it, change the auditor, and change the name, so the old graph and sad announcements will disappear from many sources.

Talk about cleaning out the beer lines...
    I see it as a good move. Their beer was crap and targeting a market that doesn't exist. The only upside I saw is that brewing their own beer would mean that their resturant tap pour profits would be really good. I don't know if I want to be a shareholder of a chain of resturants but let's see how the announcement goes.

That’s a pretty generous assessment! Given how terribly they’ve managed the brewery business, what confidence should shareholders place in their ability to run a restaurant/hospitality business? At least there will be an end to Geoff Ross calling the punters “Moa Hunters” each year he signed the annual report (and took his fee). They could have just taken the IPO proceeds and purchase 20 houses in Auckland, would have destroyed less value

Advanced Member

I never drunk the beer, but if it was bad, and sales reflected that, if Ross & co are as switched on as they like to be thought of, they would have recognised that, and changed the brew, long ago.

A brewery can produce any ale.

I would say their dream was to be bought out like their original vodka business, didnt happen, so drag the shareholders down instead.