sharetrader
Page 7 of 76 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Moa has dropped to a new low - $1.10 on very light trading.

Anyone aware of why Moa investors are fleeing the scene?
    These guys are spending huge $ as a % of Revenue to get their brand out very risky when the cashflow and $ don't stack up - following the same 'throw a lot of cash at building the brand' approach as 42 below.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Tuatara has just received backing to enable them to go from 1m Litres to 4.5m litres : http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...uatara-Brewery

I am not sure how Rangatira reports its different divisions but if it does break it out, this will be interesting to watch going forward to see how it compares to MOA's progress.
    Rangatira usually gives a commentary on each division in their annual report.
    With Rangatira on board I think Tuatara's future should be very solid.Ian Frame [Rangatira's CEO] continues their tradition of having a great CEO.

Rather large downgrade today....stock did not reopen so tomorrow is going to be painful for those owning the name.

Guru

Appalling. Stock is going to get murdered. Energy Mad vs Beer Mad. That new factory had better be on time and on budget or they're going to run out of cash and the ability to capital raise!.
    Why do they need a new, bigger factory if they can't sell what they've got?

Milford went in heavy on the IPO didn't they? - they maybe losing their touch after riding the DIL wave - hope not as I am in WYN with them.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Why do they need a new, bigger factory if they can't sell what they've got?
    They are pretty much at maximum capacity. As far as I'm aware they are brewing 24/7 on a very small system - something that is incredibly inefficient labour wise. I believe they brew 1200L four times a day. It makes much more sense to have a larger brew system and brew once a day, reducing labour by a quarter (no matter the size of each brew, it takes pretty much the same time).

Good timing for this promo

http://www.moabeer.com/2013/08/buy-m...-of-a-brewery/

10 prizes of 1,000 shares

so not the restraints of a near capacity brewing facility but total overe estimation of how much of the stuff will be drunk.

getting it wrong by 30% is pretty horrendous ... so lets blame the distributor eh

maybe as one poster pointed out it's just too expensive for what it is .... I sort of agree .... even Little Creatures wasn't that expensive.

So now we will see heaps more marketing and promotional activity. That could be interesting as long as they do better than free shares. Look forward to see what marketing guru Ross comes up with

Need to get more punters to convert and become regulars else that new brand new extended brewery isn't going to be too busy.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    They are pretty much at maximum capacity. As far as I'm aware they are brewing 24/7 on a very small system - something that is incredibly inefficient labour wise. I believe they brew 1200L four times a day. It makes much more sense to have a larger brew system and brew once a day, reducing labour by a quarter (no matter the size of each brew, it takes pretty much the same time).
    Well - sales are expected to be down 30% so they can cut out one of those brews.

My comment was a bit tongue in cheek but the point was if you can sell what you have got, a bigger factory isn't going to help. It would be interesting to know if when first commissioned, the larger more modern plant brings down the per unit cost (due to the old one being so inefficient) or whether the fixed costs and excess capacity means they do need to ramp up their sales.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    So now we will see heaps more marketing and promotional activity. That could be interesting as long as they do better than free shares. Look forward to see what marketing guru Ross comes up with
    This will be interesting. Ross isn't known for turning a profit (not what he was aiming for) but he is for creating and marketing a brand to drive increased sales. Bad news for him if he cant achieve, especially when combined with Ecoya, or should I say Trilogy since hes now having to rely on the 'bolt on' acquisition.

I wonder how they are going at using the Americas Cup to create US sales.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

I must admit, I like the concept of breakfast beer, but obviously impractical for most people....

http://www.moabeer.com/variants/#!/moa-breakfast

Question : if the company is giving free shares away, how should existing shareholders value their investment? Just asking...
    Just FYI Sparksl I have a friend who works at Moa in the sales and marketing team (obviously doing a great job) and I tried the breakfast beer about a year ago. It is a very odd beer, given you can taste coffee + hops. Wasnt my cup of tea!