sharetrader
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Xenophobic emotional race based comments have no place in any decent society.
    As New Zealanders, we are better than that. ...
    Have to agree with you Balance. Not only on "xenophobic" but also on "indigenous" related issues.

Unfortunately, such comments are found very frequently on our forum.
    It would indeed be much more helpful if comments focused on the merits or otherwise of particular investments, as advised by one of our gurus earlier above.

Guru

Lets face it ..the Indians and Chinese are just a side issue.
    From where Im sitting the real issue that throughout this rather senseless debate,what you both seem to agree on is that Fonterra could have looked after Its Kiwi subscribers a bit better.
    You dont have to be a racist to be frustrated that the majority of shares in this issue got shipped off overseas.
    Its the worlds largest dairy producer,and alot of people feel an affinity towards the fact its ''Kiwi''....I can understand the frustration.
    Im glad its successful,and hope it stays that way,but also feel its fair enough that some are gutted with the way this went down.

Guru

And getting back to the business side of things--Unlike facebook,.Its looking like they sold a bit to cheap

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Lets face it ..the Indians and Chinese are just a side issue.
    From where Im sitting the real issue that throughout this rather senseless debate,what you both seem to agree on is that Fonterra could have looked after Its Kiwi subscribers a bit better.
    You dont have to be a racist to be frustrated that the majority of shares in this issue got shipped off overseas.
    Its the worlds largest dairy producer,and alot of people feel an affinity towards the fact its ''Kiwi''....I can understand the frustration.
    Im glad its successful,and hope it stays that way,but also feel its fair enough that some are gutted with the way this went down.
    Hardly a side issue when it is so obviously wrong.

Where the stock went has a big bearing on the aftermarket - if it's the Chinese, they would tend to take a much longer term view.

If it's the Australians, they tend to be more circumspect and are more aggressive traders.

What I feel is so wrong is for the dairy industry debate in NZ to be so skewed towards xenophobia towards Indian and Chinese investments. Heck, as has already been well-covered, more than 95% of foreign owned dairy farms are non-Indians or Chinese!

I object to New Zealanders being manipulated by the red-neck elements in NZ. The best example of this is "Savethefarms" brigade with the insider trader Kerry Hoggard as one of its front persons - same individual who was happy to move his company to Australia, and then sell his stake to the Japanese. Forget about Michael Fay - he is too obvious.

Guru

And getting back to the business side of things--Unlike facebook,.Its looking like they sold a bit to cheap
    Yip - price holding up. To be expected in this low yield economy with so many overseas investors (whose bank rates are even lower than ours).
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Advanced Member

Your exactly right Skid... selling to whatever race is a side issue and not what the flavour of this discussion should have been about...and largely wasn't until Mr Un Balanced got on his soap box. A little national pride and satisfying Kiwi demand first was all the people wanted to see.

It wasn't a racial debate.

Quote Originally Posted by sharer View Post
    Have to agree with you Balance. Not only on "xenophobic" but also on "indigenous" related issues.

Unfortunately, such comments are found very frequently on our forum.
    It would indeed be much more helpful if comments focused on the merits or otherwise of particular investments, as advised by one of our gurus earlier above.
    Disgraceful how others pretend that there was no xenophobia.

Disgraceful how others pretend that there was no xenophobia.
    Balance normally I find myself agreeing with you but you are dead wrong here. You are focusing on a couple of lines by one poster rather than the debate itself. Move on.

This was a company nurtured and protected by the NZ state and thus all Kiwis over many many years that unnecessarily shafted its long term supporters.

Guru

Hardly a side issue when it is so obviously wrong.

Where the stock went has a big bearing on the aftermarket - if it's the Chinese, they would tend to take a much longer term view.

If it's the Australians, they tend to be more circumspect and are more aggressive traders.

What I feel is so wrong is for the dairy industry debate in NZ to be so skewed towards xenophobia towards Indian and Chinese investments. Heck, as has already been well-covered, more than 95% of foreign owned dairy farms are non-Indians or Chinese!

I object to New Zealanders being manipulated by the red-neck elements in NZ. The best example of this is "Savethefarms" brigade with the insider trader Kerry Hoggard as one of its front persons - same individual who was happy to move his company to Australia, and then sell his stake to the Japanese. Forget about Michael Fay - he is too obvious.
    So let me get this straight-because of Kerry Hoggard,we should allow ''open season'' on our Large new Zealand farms to foreign ownership?
    It amazes me how easily you get distracted by side issues and miss the main point.
    I think it must just be your nature,and probably shouldnt waste my time[you've wasted enough for both of us]
    Do you agree with those that are frustrated with the fact that Fonterra sold to overseas interests instead of its own people?
    Maybe save all the other side issues for talk back radio

So let me get this straight-because of Kerry Hoggard,we should allow ''open season'' on our Large new Zealand farms to foreign ownership?
    It amazes me how easily you get distracted by side issues and miss the main point.
    I think it must just be your nature,and probably shouldnt waste my time[you've wasted enough for both of us]
    Do you agree with those that are frustrated with the fact that Fonterra sold to overseas interests instead of its own people?
    Maybe save all the other side issues for talk back radio
    Skid, please read my last posting carefully. I laid my thoughts on what I think happens to the sp - depends on where the stock went.

False information was posted on this thread about where the stock went.

That is relevant information.

Then the same poster started on Crafar farm etc - what is the relevancy of that?????

As to 48% of Fonterra shares being sold to overseas interests, I have no problem with that. I know for a fact that local institutions and investors were very lukewarm to the issue until the overseas investors showed extremely keen interest. Local investors cannot have it both ways.

I wonder how many local investors will be lining up for this one :

ww.nbr.co.nz/article/synlait-posts-63m-maiden-profit-likely-seek-more-capital-wb-133455

When they tried to IPO 3 years ago, local investors all yawned. So typical of local investors.
    Last edited by Balance; 05-12-2012 at 10:55 AM.