sharetrader
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    This probably means a listing unit price of around $5.50 rather than $4.60.
    Which means the yeild will be at the lower end.

Cant see myself buying in. Wonder if I should have a small punt in case I get it wrong like I did with TME (now up 50%)
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Expect lots of offshore interest ... Japanese housewives especially.
    If they limit each shareholder to $25k each, it could be a good one to stag.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Expect lots of offshore interest ... Japanese housewives especially.
    Any idea of the strength of demand from Belgium dentists?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyTheClown View Post
    Not far removed from the Belgian dentists are the Belgian psychiatrists who came to New Zealand around 10 years ago for a conference, and were stunned at the high level of openly flaunted prostitution. Everywhere they looked they saw prostitutes congregating in parks, outside the front of office towers etc.

A Flemish shrink raised the courage to ask a NZer about the widespread prostitute issue. Much mirth ensued when the Belgians were told that in New Zealand, it was illegal to smoke inside your business premises, and so if you wanted a puff, you had to exit the building. Thus the young women dressed in nice skirts smoking outside buildings and in nearby parks were not on the game, but merely indulging in their filthy habit without breaking the anti-smoking laws.
    Good to know the dentists are not alone getting things wrong.!!!

Guru

ASB have just sent an email advising that $10,000 is their maximum. Are other brokers doing the same.

Disc: wont be investing. With large interest, it should be crap for yeild but great for stagging which doesn't fit my tax profile.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    ASB have just sent an email advising that $10,000 is their maximum. Are other brokers doing the same.
    And ASB have now sent an email advising that they are fully subscribed and no longer accepting applications. That was a very quick uptake!

Nothing from DB and I asked for information package.

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Nothing from DB and I asked for information package.
    Same here. I guess that means we've missed out on the IPO.
    Possibly the market might interest us when the splash settles. Possibly not.

The issue is going to be very interesting.

With retail scaled to circa $150m of the float, there is high interest coming in from Australia ($2b) and Asian based investment funds ($1b), all looking to get some of the final $350m institutional segment, the upper range to $5.50 maybe breached.

However, if the price goes to $6 many "would be" stags may pull their bids. The other consideration is an out of left field event from the global stage, Greece kicked from the Euro, poor US economic figures after Obama's win tonight, or even a sudden shock out of China. If one of these events occur in the next 3 weeks, or some other global event, international interest could evaporate.

Long term, this issue is good for the country and investors.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post

Disc: wont be investing. With large interest, it should be crap for yeild but great for stagging which doesn't fit my tax profile.
    Yes, same $10K limit from my broker.