sharetrader
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Hi Silverlight,

I used the online application form under "New Issues" on the Direct Broking website a few weeks ago. The form just asks whether you want to be mailed a prospectus and how much NZ$ you wish to spend. I wouldn't want to disclose the amount but it does not exceed the notional "$10,000 threshold" discussed in earlier posts.

Then I called Direct Broking and they told me I had a "firm offer" as per the prospectus. Direct Broking told me that I couldn't apply for an amount of units (I suppose because the price has not yet been determined) but rather had to specify an amount to invest.

I like the idea of investing in this large exporter because they seem to perform well even with a strong NZ$.

I'm interested to see how it all pans out. I'm also keeping an eye on my XRO shares

EDIT: I did notice that the part at the back of the prospectus does not have images of the relevant persons signatures (where it appears there should be signatures) - made me think of ss 39 & 41 of the Securities Act 1978...
    Last edited by robbo24; 14-11-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Additional comments re Securities Act.

I too registered interest through the Direct Broking website and received a copy of the application in today's mail as part of their Brokers Firm Offer

still undecided about applying - some helpful comments here which I am still digesting

I got 10K through asb securities. This was scaled back substantially.

I finally received prospectus . nice quality..I'd hate to think how many they had to ship out..must have cost an arm and a hoof. Still out...I think too many buying into the "iconic" factor here.. Can see better dividends in other places would be my feeling.

Well Baaaaarney..with a name that that I would have though participation would be frowned on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaarney View Post
    I too registered interest through the Direct Broking website and received a copy of the application in today's mail as part of their Brokers Firm Offer

still undecided about applying - some helpful comments here which I am still digesting

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Well Baaaaarney..with a name that that I would have though participation would be frowned on.
    It appears that Direct Broking agree - their allocation is fully distributed and my (relatively small) application is on a waiting list, and I suspect unlikely to be filled.

I got the small amount I wanted from Direct Broking last Thursday.
    Possum The Cat

Price has been announced at $5.50 per unit

Quote Originally Posted by lowrolling View Post
    Price has been announced at $5.50 per unit
    ...waiting for an entry below NZD 5.00

Kind Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ananda77 View Post
    ...waiting for an entry below NZD 5.00

Kind Regards
    Brokers expect units to list at over $6.00 on Friday as offshore investors could have taken the issue at least 5 times over. They stopped marketing after Singapore and Hong Kong because it was getting embarrassing.