sharetrader
Page 13 of 446 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Snakk

Default Spp

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    "Notice Date" is the date that the SPP offer document gets sent to you (if you make onto the register by end of day May 1).

It would appear from the Appendix 4 that you are guaranteed at least 4166 new shares.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    There were numerous media reports at the time the issue was announced that there would be a maximum $15000 per shareholder. I suspect that rather than saying you must get 4166 shares the offer is that you must apply for a minimum of $500 (i.e. 4166 = $499.92 = $500 rounded down to nearest share) and a maximum of $15000.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
    So many people have bought into this now, we'll probably only get one extra share per person. It's only a small cap. raising. And a lot will depend on how they manage the scaling. eg - pro-rata or according to the number of shares you have on the record date.
    Hang on a minute. I've just noticed at the very end of the announcement dated 22.04.13, there is a note stating that " The Board of Directors of Snakk Media reserves the right to accept over-subscriptions" Hadn't seen that before. It does put a different light on things.

Michael Jacomb

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    Be nice to think they would look after the originals like me, who were given shares from CER early on!!!
    Sorry some of the same guys are still in on this one but looking only after themselves.

seadragon is evaluating the future of its 12%
    stake in smartphone & tablet advertising group,
    snaKK Media, inherited as part of seadragon’s
    nZX listing in october. snaKK was successfully
    listed on the nZX’s small companies market
    nZaX in March. at its last traded share price
    seadragon’s stake was worth around nZ$3.7
    million.
    s

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10881062

Just saw this article. Is this the sort of thing that may bode well for Snakk?

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/technology...ectid=10881062

Just saw this article. Is this the sort of thing that may bode well for Snakk?
    Yes, it shows the growing importance of the landscape that Snakk is moving into. FB, Google, LinkedIn, amongst others, see the importance of monetising the mobile experience. It's just working out the best way to do it. If Snakk can initially make ground in the smaller markets (Aust, NZ) that aren't the focus of some of the IT giants, then they might make some decent coin over time.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I reckon if they can make a big enough footprint here Handley might sell out again at a premium to Google or FB. Strategy is to buy at first SPP soon then hold on to shares until they are forceably removed from my grasp at a "reasonable" price
    Anything like what you suggest is possible. I think as long as the Snakk investor invests acknowledging the risk but also the exciting space that Snakk is moving/moved into. Can see some people staging for a quick profit (if the can) but they may regret that move in a couple of years. 8-)

sell out again at a premium to Google or FB

What would Google or FB be buying? I am struggling to understand what it is that SNK are actually selling? Are they not just a marketing company - wouldn't it make more sense for a global marketing and media company to buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post

What would Google or FB be buying? I am struggling to understand what it is that SNK are actually selling?
    Fertiliser?

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Sounds like the brokers out there still scratching their heads as to what DIL does as it rockets upwards.

DYOR!
    DIL is pretty straight forward, they sell a product call BoardBooks. As far as I can see Snakk run advertising campaigns. DIL is a technology company whereas Snakk is a marketing and media company.

So would Google buy a marketing and media company? A bit of research shows they have before, social media marketing Wildfire Interactive. This company still looks different from Snakk in that there is a product, a set of tools, that allow the client to design, publish and monitor campaigns. Looking at the case studies on the Snakk site all I see are mobile campaigns, no mention of tools and the campaigns look like they are individually tailored to the client.

I don't deny that Snakk could be a potential buy out target - but until I can see a product or tool-set I just don't see them as being a target for Google or FB.