sharetrader
Page 172 of 446 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 4451

Thread: Snakk

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I also note that Kim Dotcom and Mr Handley are on a first name basis on Twitter. take from that what you will...

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/398571085605515265
    Derek is my only reason for holding this stock. The Cult of Personality.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blocker3 View Post
    Originally Posted by jonu
    What did Indiana Jones always say? "I've got a bad feeling about this".

I didn't buy back in after Monday. Buyers thinning and subsequent price drop before the result. Could be nervous nellies, but go back and read the last rah,rah vague hooplah. No substance at all. So as Indy says "I've got a...

Lets see what happens Monday then -/ve or +/ve. Post to you then. Cheers

jonu ...I sent you the above reply last week before the announcement today.The day started off well but fizzed at the end as the BULLS were pulled back to zero by the BEARS. I see it as a draw.Open to comments. Cheers

Hi Blocker
    See my earlier post today re results. As for the sp action, a draw seems a fair judgment imho, given that it closed unchanged. Could've been a lot more bearish except for the buyer that got all excited early after noon and bought 1 million and chased up the offers to do it. My gut feeling is the sp is hanging by a thread, and unless a consistent big buyer fronts, it will be south for a while from here, to maybe mid 12s. Nothing scientific about it, just my gut.

Margin seems to be a real issue despite impressive sales growth. I've run businesses of my own, and if I had 3 digit growth in revenue, I would expect an improvement in the bottom line, not a worsening. I would have thought this style of business would pick up new business for little in the way of input costs. Perhaps they are paying exorbitant commissions to their sales people.

Good luck with your holding. I'll continue to watch them

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Hi Blocker
    See my earlier post today re results. As for the sp action, a draw seems a fair judgment imho, given that it closed unchanged. Could've been a lot more bearish except for the buyer that got all excited early after noon and bought 1 million and chased up the offers to do it. My gut feeling is the sp is hanging by a thread, and unless a consistent big buyer fronts, it will be south for a while from here, to maybe mid 12s. Nothing scientific about it, just my gut.

Margin seems to be a real issue despite impressive sales growth. I've run businesses of my own, and if I had 3 digit growth in revenue, I would expect an improvement in the bottom line, not a worsening. I would have thought this style of business would pick up new business for little in the way of input costs. Perhaps they are paying exorbitant commissions to their sales people.

Good luck with your holding. I'll continue to watch them

Regards

Hi jonu. Thank you for your reply and good open honest comments above.Reading posts like the one of yours gives myself a better understanding of the market and thus a better chance to make better decisions in the future.Cheers

Finally yes I concur its a fair draw.
    Last edited by blocker3; 02-12-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Where to today guys? Everyone has had a chance to digest the report by now.

Quote Originally Posted by chad321 View Post
    Where to today guys? Everyone has had a chance to digest the report by now.
    Good question - I guess it depends which headline you read from which source... "SNAKK LOSS WIDENS" or "SNAKK INVESTS FOR GROWTH" or "SNAKK TRIPLES REVENUE"

In my view they are all true statements. Short of any funny business I think in the mid-term SNK will keep growing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Good question - I guess it depends which headline you read from which source... "SNAKK LOSS WIDENS" or "SNAKK INVESTS FOR GROWTH" or "SNAKK TRIPLES REVENUE"

In my view they are all true statements. Short of any funny business I think in the mid-term SNK will keep growing.
    A cynic would argue that it would be better for SNK to reduce growth and thus limit losses??

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    A cynic would argue that it would be better for SNK to reduce growth and thus limit losses??
    That cynic is not an investor in XRO, clearly!

Guru

Same thought crossed my mind, but we musn't be cynical.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    That cynic is not an investor in XRO, clearly!
    No that cynic would happen to be short XRO. Just a quick note on the H/Yfor SNk. Anyone see the wage bill jump dramatically? Wonder who is being paid.

No that cynic would happen to be short XRO. Just a quick note on the H/Yfor SNk. Anyone see the wage bill jump dramatically? Wonder who is being paid.
    Comments to the NBR suggest growth related staff increases:

The company, which aggregates publishers' ad space on mobile devices and matches it to advertiser demand, is investing for growth, opening a New Zealand sales office, adding sales and operational staff in Australia and introducing new technologies. Snakk Media said it exceeded predicted industry growth rates for Australia and New Zealand in the first half and it expects to continue to outpace market growth in the second half as it aims to establish itself as the dominant local player.
    http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/snakk-m...soar-bd-149473