sharetrader
Page 193 of 446 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 4451

Thread: Snakk

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I hate to say history repeats repeats repeats on this thread, but you can never rule it out. Thats the risk you take. However, did you not note my post last night about Derek seeking to give away ANOTHER lot of multi-million shares to a charity? Hardly seems like the guy thats going to fleece the NZ market eh? Your rep would never recover from that one, andwe all know he banks on that to a huge degree!
    Please refer us to the link of his first multi-million dollar donation to charity again. Thx.

Means bugger all save good hype (again!) and PR (Team B again!) - unless the charities have full rights to the shares and can sell as they want. Also, what is he actually gifting - shares he received for less than 0.5c per share!

Look at the generous donation of shares by Tony Falkenstein of JWI to schools and universities. They have received zero benefits from the shares.

The backdoor listing and his 'naivety' in allowing the promotors to sell as they like within months of the backdoor listing tells me plenty about the Team B man.

Time for him to show substance, not hype.

"Where's the Beef?"
    Last edited by Balance; 11-01-2014 at 10:59 AM.

P/S of 10 for a marketing company? You sure? Hmm... I think I need to start a loss making marketing company.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTheHorse View Post
    P/S of 10 for a marketing company? You sure? Hmm... I think I need to start a loss making marketing company.
    Come on now Johnny, you know SNK is more than a marketing company

It uses technology so must be a technology company .....and a high growth one at that

My friend moosie, go easy with the phrase "mark my words" as I remember, you said something like that with Dil as well? lol :P

I dont know why they dont forecast (bad stuff on their part), but my forecast was upped from $6.2 FY'14 to $7M+ based on growth rate. Apply a PS ratio normal of say 10 and you get $70M+ mCap. The current mCap ($33.5M) is on a PS ratio of 4.7.

WYN, with an mCap of nearly $200M and prospectus revenues of $21.5M is on a nearly fully valued PS value of 10.

However, based on growth rates and the end of "seasonality" as mentioned in the last report, I beliebe Snakk will start to be rated on an even higher ratio (most likely 12). Add in the fact they are actively looking for expansion in Asia and have a significant announcement up their sleeve and you can see that they are woefully undervalued in the current market climate.

As Peter Lynch says, when you spot a value play, you buy buy buy the sit back and wait until the market, instos, funds etc sit up and take notice. Thats when the real money flows and when you start to get rich because you recognised its potential before all yhe "smart" guys. This has happened in OZ and it will happen to SNK here soon, mark my words
    You fought up your hero Peter Lynch.

Chapter 9 Intelligent Investor -

First, avoid hot stocks. “If I could avoid a single stock it would be the one in the hottest industry, the one that gets the most publicity, the one that every investor hears about it in the car pool or on the commuter train, and — succumbing to the social pressure — often buys,” writes Lynch. “Hot stocks can go up fast, usually out of sight of any of the known landmarks of value, but since there’s nothing but hope and thin air to support them, they fall just as quickly,” he continues.

Second, avoid the stocks of companies that have been singled out as the next big thing: the next Google, the next Apple, the next Disney. “In my experience the next of something never is – on Broadway, the best-seller list, the National Basketball Association, or Wall Street,” writes Lynch. “In fact, when people tout a stock as the next something, it often marks the end of prosperity not only for the imitator but also for the original to which it is being compared”

Maybe Peter would not even be looking

Yes advertising in this new domain of tablets , iphones etc is going to be interesting. There certainly will be some winners further down the road.

Winner, beyond ST and certain circles no one knows of Snakk. Do you hear taxi drivers pumping Snakk over Xero? me thinks not. The stock hasnt even soared yet (except maybe the first day). is it a totally insane valuation? Not even close. To me its undervalued.

There is no brokerage cover as well. Remember that quote on the first day of trading from a prominent broker "we have no idea what Snakk does". They are just coming on line for Xero! Says it all really (at least in NZ)...

And what exactly is Snakk going to be the next of? Facebook? Hand me another Tui! Fact is this sector is so new there is no leader yet. Snakk could be the next Snakk in that regard then, no?
    Someone is selling shares for 24,000% profit shortly after the listing.

No hype? No overvaluation?

A pig just flew by my window!
    Last edited by Balance; 11-01-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Come on now Johnny, you know SNK is more than a marketing company

It uses technology so must be a technology company .....and a high growth one at that
    Fish and chip shop down the road has one of those electronic till things, never realised it was a technology company. Tempted to talk to the owners and throw in a lowball offer... maybe 7-8 times sales?

Guru

Handley may be young and naive

Moosie I don't think there is too much in the way of naiviette about Mr Handley.

I don't know if I could say the same of some of his investors/supporters. Mr Handley would appear to be following a well thought through strategy involving cult of personality and PR in my view. He is certainly a charismatic character.
    Last edited by jonu; 11-01-2014 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Moosie I don't think there is too much in the way of naiviette about Mr Handley.

I don't know if I could say the same of some of his investors/supporters. Mr Handley would appear to be following a well thought through strategy involving cult of personality and PR in my view. He is certainly a charismatic character.
    He has learnt from past masters of the game - Eric Watson, Colin Reynolds etc etc.

Do you know that he proudly proclaims Snakk to be one of the new generation Team B type company?

What is a Team B company?

"Our mission is to deliver a ‘Plan B’ that puts people and planet alongside profit. Plan A — where companies have been driven by the profit motive alone — is no longer acceptable."

I am missing something here with this backdoor listed minimal information 24,000% profit for the promotors company.
    Last edited by Balance; 11-01-2014 at 02:41 PM.