sharetrader
Page 215 of 446 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 4451

Thread: Snakk

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Meanwhile, they are cleaning out their filth and you are buying - paying $48 for $2 stock.
    Whole new ball game, was only worth $2.00 back then, now with the explosion in tablets, smart phones, etc, shares worth $100.00 now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    I bought as a naive young man and sold as an informed investor afterwards between 12 and 16 cents (for a profit; thanks to Balance amazingly!). waited out Soreheads selling then bought back in on the rise late last year, and now here we are
    and I ask are you still a naïve young man, education is always at a price/cost. Sorrinson paid his money, took the risk and and IMHO there is nothing wrong with that, Im betting that 99.999999% of posters here would have done exactly the same if they had had the same opportunity !!

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Company is busy spending money to get profile - NZAX to main (???), NZX to ASX (???), and micro loans etc.

Compare this behavior to that of PEB or ATM - do the hard yards while conserving cash, then move forward.

Would not be surprised at all that all the sales are 'bought' - makes sales grwoth look impressive but like Rakon, the more they sell, the more they lose.
    We are thinking the same thing for its "growth". that guy was from wall street, playing investors around. So I question who their customers are. If its major sales from other media agent companies in OZ or Asian countries locally, we can approve SNK is "bought" for its sales.

Let's dig it out if there is something doggy

I think it is worthwhile asking why SNK would want to dual list. What benefits do they get as a company? There doesn't seem to be any major capital raising requirements coming up - surely there is nothing of a scale that couldn't be funded from the NZ capital market. Being listed in Oz will give them a greater profile and allow some PR to be done via market releases over there - but I think the additional compliance costs associated with dual listing would outweigh that benefit. Surely they could buy some cheaper advertising, like mobile maybe

I just can't see how dual listing SNK could benefit the company going forward. So why would they want to dual list? I can see that it would make it easier and quicker for the founding shareholders to exit. Once they have done that, NZ investors, Australian investors and charitable trusts will have the benefit of the multi-million dollar company that Derek and others have so generously and altruistically set up and then sold off in order to move on to the next snake opportunity. Of course maybe not ALL of the snakes will be winners, but if you buy enough of them maybe you will have the next XRO.
    Last edited by J R Ewing; 22-01-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by J R Ewing View Post
    I think it is worthwhile asking why SNK would want to dual list. What benefits do they get as a company? There doesn't seem to be any major capital raising requirements coming up - surely there is nothing of a scale that couldn't be funded from the NZ capital market. Being listed in Oz will give them a greater profile and allow some PR to be done via market releases over there - but I think the additional compliance costs associated with dual listing would outweigh that benefit. Surely they could buy some cheaper advertising, like mobile maybe

I just can't see how dual listing SNK could benefit the company going forward. So why would they want to dual list? I can see that it would make it easier and quicker for the founding shareholders to exit. Once they have done that, NZ investors, Australian investors and charitable trusts will have the benefit of the multi-million dollar company that Derek and others have so generously and altruistically set up and then sold off in order to move on to the next snake opportunity. Of course maybe not ALL of the snakes will be winners, but if you buy enough of them maybe you will have the next XRO.
    J R , easy don't they say a couple of days ago that 95% of their business is in Aussie, its a no brainer, "go where the market is" support staff and all !

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10885823

Kiwi technology entrepreneur Derek Handley has twice teetered on a tightrope above financial ruin.
    The first time he was 22 and facing bankruptcy, $100,000 in debt after an ill-fated gamble on the share market.
    The second he was 30, worried he would be left a "pauper and a failure" as the global financial crisis threatened to lay waste to The Hyperfactory, the mobile marketing business he had built up for almost a decade.
    He cried during both.

2001/2002 dot com bubble
    2009 financial crisis
    2015/2016 tech bubble? third run? So suck as much money as they can before they exit the "business"

EBO have had 3 small trades and SUM have had just as many since the end of Nov

ASX listing certainly created interest in hat country

Ego trip?

Quote Originally Posted by 000831 View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10885823

Kiwi technology entrepreneur Derek Handley has twice teetered on a tightrope above financial ruin.
    The first time he was 22 and facing bankruptcy, $100,000 in debt after an ill-fated gamble on the share market.
    The second he was 30, worried he would be left a "pauper and a failure" as the global financial crisis threatened to lay waste to The Hyperfactory, the mobile marketing business he had built up for almost a decade.
    He cried during both.

2001/2002 dot com bubble
    2009 financial crisis
    2015/2016 tech bubble? third run? So suck as much money as they can before they exit the "business"

I remember Feverpitch

Aptly named through the capital raising process

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    J R , easy don't they say a couple of days ago that 95% of their business is in Aussie, its a no brainer, "go where the market is" support staff and all !
    On that basis McDonalds should be listed on every stock exchange in the world! What is the benefit to SNK as a company of being listed in the country where 95% of the sales are made, as opposed to some other exchange?
    Last edited by J R Ewing; 22-01-2014 at 11:36 AM.

On that basis McDonalds should be listed on every stock exchange in the world! What is the benefit to SNK as a company of being listed in the country where 95% of the sales are made, as opposed to some other exchange?
    Stocks in an exchange in a particular country will tend to get better coverage in the media there - so it actually makes sense.

Which begs the question - why list in NZ iun the first place then unless ..?