sharetrader
Page 293 of 446 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 4451

Thread: Snakk

Wonder if cobber is one of those 'selected contractors' who cashed their options in and now looking for a good price?

Just a random thought due to the timing if cobbers coming and goings on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post
    My theory is that handley and all his co-horts lost money on Hyperfactory. Snakk was a way to recoup some losses.

The upside is that they employed guys like Ryan who is actually having a bloody good crack at turning this company into something.... I'm picking them to eclipse $7 mill in rev for the full financial year.

So the question for handley and his mates is, how desperate for money are they. Can they wait for the share price to go higher as the company grows.... or do they need the cash? how many of them borrowed money to invest in hyperfactory?? Lots of hidden questions.... but if you push them all to 1 side and look at the management team and the company on its own.... there is also a lot to like.

With Ryan now becoming the face of the company, its becoming clear that the board realises that handley has too much negative history in NZ and that pictures of Richard Branson only get you a couple of free press articles before people start to look at your numbers.
    Not true - Derek is written up very positively as one of those who failed and has made good - an up and coming entrepreneurs (board seat on Sky TV, Team B, IT guru who made millions on Facebook and Twitter etc).

Heck, he has bought a ticket on his mate's Richard Branson's space flight - US$200k.

Snakk has no competitive edge in the industry - that much is clear as the question has been asked many times and the silence is deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Wonder if cobber is one of those 'selected contractors' who cashed their options in and now looking for a good price?

Just a random thought due to the timing if cobbers coming and goings on this thread

Nail on the head?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Snakk management very aware they have to keep pumping out the 'good' news - so their masters can sell their overvalued shares.

That is the long and short of it.
    Every listed business has an obligation to continue pumping out the good news otherwise their share prices would go nowhere.

Snakk's good news is growing revenue.... the kind of good news you want to hear from all companies you have invested in. I don't think the masters have that much power in Snakk anymore... if Ryan got fed up with the games and left.... then the masters will loose as the bottom will fall out of this stock.

Nail on the head?
    I wish... but I wouldn't be selling them if I did get them.

Every listed business has an obligation to continue pumping out the good news otherwise their share prices would go nowhere.

Snakk's good news is growing revenue.... the kind of good news you want to hear from all companies you have invested in. I don't think the masters have that much power in Snakk anymore... if Ryan got fed up with the games and left.... then the masters will loose as the bottom will fall out of this stock.
    Try explaining the 'good' news that the stock overhang was over.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/SNK/announcements/246640

To be followed by even more selling.

Not true - Derek is written up very positively as one of those who failed and has made good - an up and coming entrepreneurs (board seat on Sky TV, Team B, IT guru who made millions on Facebook and Twitter etc).

Heck, he has bought a ticket on his mate's Richard Branson's space flight - US$200k.

Snakk has no competitive edge in the industry - that much is clear as the question has been asked many times and the silence is deafening.
    OK my last post for today. I think he would have paid himself quite handsomely while at Hyperfactory and those are the funds he lives off. As stated in his book, he doesn't even own a house (when he was quizzed by Branson).

He worked for Branson for free, but I'm sure his space flight ticket came with some big discounts attached. Plan B, I don't see him making much out of that... the entire reason for Plan B's existence is that its against paying individuals stupid sums of money.

A board seat at SkyTV doesn't mean much.... those guys are fighting piracy and about to take on Telecom. They need his knowledge for their upcoming battles.

IT guru who made millions on Facebook and twitter.... it wasn't all his money and he only makes money if he sold the shares. I also think those articles include more puff than actual reality. You can get the press to say anything these days....

Snakk's competitive edge is the algorithms they license for ad networks. They have rights for those in NZ, Australia and first rights for Asia. Hence why they need to get into Asia sooner rather than later, as they could loose them.

If you look at SLI, in their prospectus they stated their intellectual property came from Open Source. They don't even own the algorithms which is quite dangerous because it means their biggest competition is actually web developers integrated those search algorithms directly into their Content Management Systems and making the technology free as part of their added value. The CEO of SLI admitted this a week or so ago in NBR in the questions. I don't think SLI will have any problems in the short term, but rather the long term.

Google, Bing, even Facebook and Apple.... they all license algorithms that do different things.

Snakk seems to have some good algorithms that go a lot further than traditional desktop ad serving technologies. Specifically they interrogate a person's Facebook profile before displaying an ad which means the advertising is even more targeted at an individual. You can quite acccurately run a campaign that targets females in a relationship between 26 - 40 years of age. Something even Google struggles to do. They can also show you an advertisement on your phone based on your location.

I think at the next AGM, Snakk needs to do a better job at communicating their technology rather than focusing on the industry growth prospects. Gotta go boys.

Golly,I'm a little tired after all that intense stuff.No one got angry either. Rather refreshing.....time for a cuppa I think...

Plan B, I don't see him making much out of that... the entire reason for Plan B's existence is that its against paying individuals stupid sums of money.
    Who is fooling who? Shares issued at 0.5c with no escrow or restrictions - stupid sums of money indeed!

Who is fooling who? Shares issued at 0.5c with no escrow or restrictions - stupid sums of money indeed!
    Are we talking about the same thing?

http://bteam.org/

It's not a listed company.