sharetrader
Page 344 of 446 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394444 ... LastLast
Results 3,431 to 3,440 of 4451

Thread: Snakk

Pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You read me right - as I wrote, rapidly becoming a multi-thousand dollar company courtesy of the way the company is managed.

Meanwhile, think of Steve Jobs on $1 a year with a multi-billion dollar company and Warren Buffet on $100,000 a year.

They are both happy to let their shares do the talking.
    And Handleys shares are doing the walking!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    I don't think this is a good analogy. Founding shareholders who retain a large % are often paid relatively low salaries, such as Buffet and Jobs as above.

It's the monkeys that get paid inflated salaries and bonuses in order to align their interests with those of shareholders (in other words to actually do the job they are employed to do).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    If Steve Jobs and Warren Buffett are monkeys (given they are paid peanuts and rely on share price performances), then what are the directors and management of Snakk?

Scary thought!

If Steve Jobs and Warren Buffett are monkeys (given they are paid peanuts and rely on share price performances), then what are the directors and management of Snakk?

Scary thought!
    When Steve Jobs was earning a $1 a year, he was doing it for the love of the company. He owned 1 share in Apple when he came back in 1997.

He didn't get any options or the plane for another 3 - 4 years which means he effectively worked for nothing.

Jobs and Buffet are a very rare breed. Comparing anyone to them is a bit ridiculous.

Fascinating browse through.

For a Team B company with great aspirations, what is telling is the lack of real details about what the directors and promoters have been up to. Plenty of rar rar about the size of the market and its growth potential blah blah etc.

But a quick review shows :

Chairman Handley picked up cool $250,000 over 2013/14 for services to the company. No mention at all of how many shares he soldm or any of the other directors sold. NZAX and backdoor listed company, see?

8.3m new options issued at average exercise price of 6.5c - heads they win, tails you lose.
    It could be worse Balance.

The share price could have been 20 cents or more. I bet he's not making nearly as much money as he was counting on his fingers 12 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber;495I20

The share price could have been 20 cents or more. I bet he's not making nearly as much money as he was counting on his fingers 12 months ago.
    This Jobs fellow is he from the company that screwed over rns by moving the goal posts and reducing margins?

Quote Originally Posted by Cobber View Post

For minority shareholders' sake, be great if sp was 20c or better still, 50c.

But it was never going to be as Handley and gang could not and cannot wait to get their 0.5c shares sold and out. Such confidence they have in the future sp of Snakk
    Last edited by Balance; 31-07-2014 at 04:28 PM.

For minority shareholders' sake, be great if sp was 20c or better still, 50c.

But it was never going to be as Handley and gang could not and cannot wait to get their 0.5c shares sold and out. Such confidence they have in the future sp of Snakk
    Sounds like DD selling out of peb after big ramp up.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Enough to make you quit the sharemarket eh? Big boys almost always look after themselves and pretty much no one else;Handley is no different, no matter how much ethical BS he spouts. It is a rare company to find that actually wants to create and retain shareholder wealth...
    I hate to say it but that's starting to sound like a far left political speech .Let's not go that direction.We are just having the usual Balance/Moosie verse the rest, cross border clash which always happens at announcement time.Hasn't got too vindictive this time around.Will all go away in a day or so and it's back to doing a hatchet job on the next poor soul on the PEB or GEO thread..cheers.