sharetrader
Page 51 of 446 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Snakk

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    To be fair, I think the media paraphrased his comments. It doesn't look like he said it directly.

wow, I am speechless. I am so glad to be out of SNK already.

Quote Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
    I'm not writing off Snakk yet .. way to early for that. Just not one of my major holdings but pleased to still be 'in the mobile ad space with Snakk and Vmob.

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    To be fair, I think the media paraphrased his comments. It doesn't look like he said it directly.

That article propagates the misconception that that SNK is like XRO and DIL.

Kiwi tech entrepreneur Derek Handley is hoping his soon-to-be listed Snakk Media will follow in the footsteps of New Zealand's other technology listings.
    (my emphasis)

What he said was:
    Handley said he wanted to follow in the footsteps of accounting software firm Xero and boardroom information provider Diligent in providing a high growth opportunity for investors.
    which is not the same thing - he didn't claim SNK was a tech company, the NZ Herald did.

DISC: I don't hold Snakk and don't think they are a bad company - just not right for my risk profile.

Quote Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
    I am surprised that you are speechless - the disclosure document released to the market in Feb 2013 pretty succintly summed up the company:

"The Snakk business is not the subject of any fixed term contractual arrangements at this time and there are no
    guaranteed recurring regular income streams for the Snakk business. Snakk is
    not currently making a profit and is unlikely to do so in the near to
    mid-term."

--If you want to play pass the parcel go to birthday parties with the founding directors - or just send me the cheque.

Is SNK the son of PLS PLS PLS give me the money - have no plan - no contracts - no revenue - no profit but buy me NOW!

Yes as am I out now to, probably the wrong thing to do but I didnt know one guy could drive the price down like he is. I kept 5000 just in case and didnt lose much money as i bought them very low.
    A lesson learned, I am new to all this, since fonterra floated was when I got in, made a lot of money from them got at 550 and sold at 800 cant complain at that. Made some money lost some money good times were had, I cant complain.lol
    I hope the price does go back up though for all the holders.
    I still think long term its got good potential I just not good at seeing the price crash, mainly due to one person to from what I have seen.

AWOL

Lets all take a deep breath - in and out - in and out. Ahh thats better.
    Now stop scaring the crap out of all the novices and new initiates.
    This thing has only just listed and just because it didn't reach 25.00 in the first day of trading there's no need to get all dramatic. Not for anyone in particular but this thread has gone from positive to negative and is liable to blow a fuse ( probably at mrp) .

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    Think youlll find it reached 40 in the first day
    I was exaggerating slightly - it does say 25.00 meaning dollars
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 17-06-2013 at 12:27 PM.

AWOL

well said, -its a long haul for this stock, however, once the basement gets cleaned out things should improve if they are able to deliver the goods.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 17-06-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Nothing has changed, its just frustrating seeing the SP depressed because of one person. That means lost opportunities to buy lower. In the end, everyone wants to make money!
    Doesn't it increase the opportunity to buy lower.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk