sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Looking to buy villa in Indonesia

Hi all,

I'm looking into buying/building a villa (in Indonesia) next year to rent out and earn some passive income.

Just wondering if anyone on the forums has done this, what the logistics are etc etc. I've done a bit of reading and research already, but would love to hear about anyone's personal experience!

Thanks,
    Chrystia

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by chrystia View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking into buying/building a villa (in Indonesia) next year to rent out and earn some passive income.

Just wondering if anyone on the forums has done this, what the logistics are etc etc. I've done a bit of reading and research already, but would love to hear about anyone's personal experience!

Thanks,
    Chrystia
    Do you live in Indonesia? If not - why buy there? I've no experience of owning in Indonesia, but have had enough,or perhaps far too much experience as a residential landlord to know it's a hand's on game. It's difficult to run residential stuff successfully from the next town, let alone another country, particularly where the laws and customs are unfamiliar.

Ideally it'd be a holiday home, and rented out for the rest of the time. Seems like you can get a management co. to look after it, but anyway this is why I wanted to start a discussion about it

Guru

Ideally it'd be a holiday home, and rented out for the rest of the time. ... but anyway this is why I wanted to start a discussion about it
    ON a share trading forum??

Go to PropertyTalk.co.nz if you want to spam people on property.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

CJ this a "Property Investment forum".

OP was hardly spamming.

Best of luck chrystia in your request for information.

Legend

Ideally it'd be a holiday home, and rented out for the rest of the time. Seems like you can get a management co. to look after it, but anyway this is why I wanted to start a discussion about it
    Buy something close to home from which, if you play your cards right, you'll be able to generate enough profit to rent anything you like over there. Forget property management companies unless you have first hand knowledge of them. For every good one, there's probably 50 or 60 that range from bad to rotten. Or better still invest in something other than residential property which at this stage of the various cycles is probably the worst investment possible. I'm a very 'cheerful, bright and gay' type. (Gilbert O'sullivan - 1972)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    CJ this a "Property Investment forum".

OP was hardly spamming.

Best of luck chrystia in your request for information.
    Just wait. Not sure of the rules on this forum but on some you cant post links till you get to 10 posts. Once that's hit, we will see which wonderful development is a surefire way to make money.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Just wait. Not sure of the rules on this forum but on some you cant post links till you get to 10 posts. Once that's hit, we will see which wonderful development is a surefire way to make money.
    Well I'm stumped. What are you talking about? What links? The only one I can see is within your postings.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    The moral of the story is what? Ignore all posts from newbies just in case they've got three heads or something? Never - ever talk to a stranger in cast he or she is an Amway salesman, sort of thing?

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Chrystia
    I am well out of date, but this is a place where you need to live, and have trusted connections.
    I lived there 40 years ago, my company rented a place for me at $350 US $ per month. When the lease expired after 2 years, it was increased to $1500 US per month.
    This is the place where I learned the difference between bribery and corruption. Bribery is where you pay people, Or people(s) to do something they were eventually going to do anyway, corruption is paying them to do something that they were not going to do.
    The most effusive compliment I have ever been given, was when my Sales Manager said to me,
    "Tuan, you bend in the wind like the wheat in the field" !!
    Be very very careful dealing with these people, there are plenty of places in Auckland that return 10% without much danger.