sharetrader
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

So that company I am referring to is Oz Minerals.
    I think it would be a perfect fit for NCM.
    Copper/gold producer, Aussie production and quite close to many of NCMs assets.
    And Oz are sitting on $400M+ cash.
    Market cap just over A$1Bln.
    I picked them up today as even if its not a take over target its good value, with a lazy balance sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Hi Daytr, would you like to share that "one company".?
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Banned

I'd rather they resumed paying a dividend before they consider acquisitions, I think this would provide a larger boost to the shareprice.

A while when NCM's shareprice was in freefall, they were booted out of the ASX20, but their price has recovered substantially, and some of the other companies (Origin in particular) have weakened substantially. Does anyone know whether they have a chance of making it back on? Presumably if they did, this would drive some buying.

Also, did anyone else sign up to the class action? I bought during the period in question and have signed up, but have no idea what's going to happen...

Purchased a good chunk of NCM today 9920 shares @ $25 ... I think this Blue chip Gold/Cu producer is a great swing trade ... and If we head towards Negative rates once more Gold will release much higher ... also USD losing it sway with some of the Largest economies.. talk of Gold backing etc ...

AUD Gold still well above $2660oz(NCM latest AISC $1446oz= fat $1200oz profit ) ... Copper won't be down for long ..CCP doesn't want to lose control of the masses and will be forced to open up>>Copper stocks will fall quick ..so many major projects demanding Cu

NCM actually lowering Mining costs(from Qty report) when pretty much all other miners are seeing costs go through the roof >>

When it comes to Mining-- scale can work very well .. I think NCM adding Havieron into the picture is a master stroke .. another very low cost operation

T/A wise closed above the 200 SMAtoday a positive ..

"With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Purchased a good chunk of NCM today 9920 shares @ $25 ... I think this Blue chip Gold/Cu producer is a great swing trade ... and If we head towards Negative rates once more Gold will release much higher ... also USD losing it sway with some of the Largest economies.. talk of Gold backing etc ...

AUD Gold still well above $2660oz(NCM latest AISC $1446oz= fat $1200oz profit ) ... Copper won't be down for long ..CCP doesn't want to lose control of the masses and will be forced to open up>>Copper stocks will fall quick ..so many major projects demanding Cu

NCM actually lowering Mining costs(from Qty report) when pretty much all other miners are seeing costs go through the roof >>

When it comes to Mining-- scale can work very well .. I think NCM adding Havieron into the picture is a master stroke .. another very low cost operation

T/A wise closed above the 200 SMAtoday a positive ..

Gutsy call 6 months swing of $21 -$28, so mid range punt, go for it, well done !

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Gutsy call 6 months swing of $21 -$28, so mid range punt, go for it, well done !
    -Hindsight should have waited and likely I'll be down again tomorrow a few pips ... I just keep thinking ... CHINA will open and when it does Copper will catch a Bid along with all commodities .. and of course China Major Gold buyer so should help the PM prices ... surely not long to wait >>
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu