sharetrader
Page 667 of 934 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671677717767 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 9331

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The announcement states " a potential acquisition to be made by the company". So your scenario is baseless.
    Fair enough, just a hypothetical.

Then I return to my original thoughts.
    What are they buying... how much will it cost... and where is this money going to come from?

My guess this is about Vanuatu?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Flugenbear View Post
    My guess this is about Vanuatu?
    Vanuatu literally came out of nowhere, a perfect diversion from the Talisman mines (prospects). Almost looks like a capitulation on Talisman? Simply, we just don't know WTF is going on.

Anyway, comms is so opaque no shareholder who's not an insider would really have no idea. That's what makes it a gamble rather than an investment. Suits some, doesn't suit others.

BTW, all those big BUYS were accommodated by someone(s) who sold big as well. It's almost like a soap opera, entertaining but no substance and somehow not rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Unfortunately there's a lot of shareholders who don't know about Sharetrader. I read a post a while ago about a top 20 shareholder who didn't know this site existed.

So I'm a guessing there'll be lotsa 'gold plated' grandiose fantasy stuff and vague projections in the new NTL aquisition. Those that don't read this site will get sucked in and front up their hard earned dollars for the dream. Just like those who did in the past. (remember all the other capital raises, bonus shares, options etc etc. All relatively worthless now )

Hill knows this.

Hill et al will be handsomely remunerated for a bit longer, and the never ending story will continue to be a never ending story with nothing in it for shareholders. And then it will be time for the next capital raise.........

Caveat Emptor folks!!

Similar fantasy stuff is happening with CRP too.

Well said Dubya.
    A sad but predictable scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The usual suspects are posting their normal uninformed bull**** as normal.

Appears to me the Strategic Review is kicking into gear. Seems it's damned if they do and damned if they don't with the armchair critics around here.

Remember the massive day of trading a couple of weeks ago? 130 odd million shares through on the ASX alone? Big wheels in motion I reckon.
    I am going to risk it and admit that I am thinking along the same lines as Jonu. There is a possibility money can be made on NTL and I have plenty of skin in the game. It looks Jonu and i may be the only posters with any optimistic views on Sharetrader.

Hopefully the acquisition is a processing plant along with a full mining permit. Although to be honest this could be too optimistic for this announcement.

The proof will be in the puddling and I will expect we will know within the next 6 months. Worst case this is a write off of my investment, but comfortable in my cost benefit analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya View Post
    Unfortunately there's a lot of shareholders who don't know about Sharetrader. I read a post a while ago about a top 20 shareholder who didn't know this site existed.
    I would suggest there are a lot more than just one of the top 20 shareholders who do not know about shareholder. It would be scary if too many people took some of the comments on this site seriously for investment decisions

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Chippie;868244]I am going to risk it and admit that I am thinking along the same lines as Jonu. There is a possibility money can be made on NTL and I have plenty of skin in the game. It looks Jonu and i may be the only posters with any optimistic views on Sharetrader.

"DONT DONT DONT DONT You forget about me" by Simple Minds.

IMO

"Ive been down so long ,it looks like up to me. " The Doors

Advanced Member

Banned

Considering Vanuatu has already been announced and surely there cannot be another project NTL are looking at so I'm presuming the board have finally pulled their finger out might be about to announce the purchase of the upgraded processing plant.