sharetrader
Page 423 of 934 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473523923 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 9331

Quote Originally Posted by cammo View Post

My 2c
    I wish it was back at 2c

To me it makes no sense at all after following this company for a number of years to not support the SPP. I am optimistic that many others will see it the same way and the $1.5m is raised
    To put it another way 100 shareholders at $15,000 = $1.5m. Should be easy.This company is very close to producing gold.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    To me it makes no sense at all after following this company for a number of years to not support the SPP. I am optimistic that many others will see it the same way and the $1.5m is raised
    To put it another way 100 shareholders at $15,000 = $1.5m. Should be easy.This company is very close to producing gold.

Alternative view... It makes no sense at all to chuck more $ at this pup. The number of years following... or worse yet, being invested in this, are irrelevant as potential investment indicators. WHY would anyone throw yet more coin at this? Looking at the CR price it's not at a significant reduction to the current share price... indeed, it could be higher. The 'offer' is an open one... it will go on and on... and act as a huge anchor on the share price. Look at what is LIKELY to be raised and the salaries being paid.. You're financing someone else's lifestyle... Is there any real evidence that his company is "very close to producing gold." That is in marketable quantities... The answer is., no.

Brain, I'm an optimist too. Always have been.

(Incidentally, aren't there a lot of moaning Aussies on the HotCopper site about NTL?? No resilience!)

The share price could go up or down in the next year. A simple fact.
    The only way it will go down in 12 months is if management royally screw things up and there is no gold produced. Unlikely, I reckon.

If it goes up, even one "tick" (0.1c) then new shares bought in the SPP at about 0.6c (see my previous post) will show a 16.6% p.a. improvement.
    What are banks paying now as interest?

If the sp rises 1c, that's 166%. And on and on . .

I'm in to this SPP with bells on!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post

The only way it will go down in 12 months is if management royally screw things up and there is no gold produced. Unlikely, I reckon.

Lets keep this one for posterity.

I think the same has been said over and over at prior cap raisings too. Management to date have screwed things up if using the SP is used as a metric. What is suddenly going to change?

Happy to be proven wrong but I was in this company some 25 years ago (also at about 3 cents or thereabouts) and the last 25 years have taught me not a lot has changed.
    Last edited by blackcap; 06-06-2019 at 07:53 PM.

I like the cut of your jib Mr Lion

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Lets keep this one for posterity.

I think the same has been said over and over at prior cap raisings too. Management to date have screwed things up if using the SP is used as a metric. What is suddenly going to change?

Happy to be proven wrong but I was in this company some 25 years ago (also at about 3 cents or thereabouts) and the last 25 years have taught me not a lot has changed.
    A lot has changed. Rehabilitation of the mine being the most important plus all the electrical communication and water services. It makes no sense to me that some believe that management and directors see this mine solely to pay salaries and directors fees. If that was the case then very little money would be spent on rehabilitating the mine. It would be more sensible for them to sit on a pile of cash enough to pay fees and salaries for a number of years whilst spending their time on the golf course.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    A lot has changed. Rehabilitation of the mine being the most important plus all the electrical communication and water services. It makes no sense to me that some believe that management and directors see this mine solely to pay salaries and directors fees. If that was the case then very little money would be spent on rehabilitating the mine. It would be more sensible for them to sit on a pile of cash enough to pay fees and salaries for a number of years whilst spending their time on the golf course.
    You have to actually do something and be seen to be doing something otherwise the next cap raise does not succeed....

That said maybe mgmt and directors do not see the mine as solely to pay their salaries. What would I know. I just look at the SP over the last 25 years.

This is a tough company to be in. I have supported them a long time now, and without a doubt a lot of progress has been made, but oh so slow. So incredibly slow. Management have given timeframe estimates at various times and consistently not hit them; its incredibly frustrating to see them run out of money before the bulk sampling has even properly started, contrary to all the prior statements they have given. To see it get stuck right now on a consent that I don't recall ever being mentioned as being required before is also incredibly disheartening - did management just not tell us? Or worse, did they not know? How can they have the whole plant ordered and ready to go and consents still be waiting?

I think its clear that communication needs to improve, and I would like to see the team getting held accountable to targets with very clear explanations for why they are apparently achievable, what risks are known to exist that could impact those targets, etc
    In particular I want to hear directly why a capital raise has been required again despite earlier predictions. If mistakes were made... then be honest and let us know you have learned something from them. Its hard to feel any confidence about the current capital raising with that kind of error looming in recent history.

In saying all that, they really are now incredibly close to getting gold out of the mine. The market cap of the company is very low compared to the amount of gold they are sitting on. IF this snail can just move past the starting line and everything be consented and moving, this has strong upside potential.

Its a tough one.

Some photo evidence of development would be good, even an open day, or video on line to show what has been going on ... I bought at .005 a couple of years ago, and sold out at .035 ish . Bought some back at .0.008 and sold next day for 0.009 a few weeks back . I still have a million or so , so nothing much . Over the years it has been good to me, but i think it is a hopeless case really. Is management really worth being paid so much for giving so little.....?