sharetrader
Page 598 of 934 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 9331
    Advanced Member

I got on the AGM at about the time Matt was saying there was no recording of the meeting. Shortly after that the meeting concluded. I put in all LTW,s questions and some of my own. Also our largest shareholder asked questions. From comments I have on sharetrader it seems few were answered. Also Matt was recorded as saying there were few questions. More correct would be that few were answered.
    I have the feeling that we are not given all the facts.It could be that all can not be released until finalized. Who knows. Watch this space.
    digger

I have finally sold out my position after a few years and a moderate loss. The recent embarrassment from the CEO took me close and the complete failure to even mention it, let alone reveal the disciplinary outcome, at the AGM has pushed me over the edge. It's difficult to admit I was wrong and to drop the 'maybe it'll all pay off one day' hope of making back the lost money, but I think I will be happier detached from this company. The promises have been endless, the progress glacial. My own particular pet peeve is that for the duration of me holding shares in this company, every single quarterly cashflow statement includes a paragraph like this at the end, word for word with the relevant numbers copy and pasted into place:

"The actual development expenditure for the quarter was $209,935 compared to a budget of $143,000. The reason for the variancewas due to the entity completing more mining work during the quarter than expected. Activities originally scheduled for the followingquarter have commenced earlier than anticipated."

No further reasoning was ever given, the company has still not managed to meet a budget as far as I can tell, and despite completing so much more work than they expected they still feel a long way from pulling decent amounts of gold out the ground. I would hate to see the state of the company if they had only completed the amount of mining work they expected each quarter.

All the best to those still with the company - I hope the board and management start to treat shareholders with more respect and actually end up getting some results. I will chalk this one up as a valuable lesson - maybe the loss comes out of my 'training' budget.

PoG, boom. I expect the share price will..........stay the same.

I am still waiting for some answers.
    Who was the independent reviewer.
    FMA, have they made any announcements and if so, when and what did it say?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiJohn View Post
    I am still waiting for some answers.
    Who was the independent reviewer.
    FMA, have they made any announcements and if so, when and what did it say?
    Oh dear....a non-holder that admitted to giving abuse to the CEO over the phone rants from the sidelines. Could be a long wait before anyone takes you seriously. Check yourself to see if the FMA has made any announcements.

{Edit Vince: Removed your offensive comments towards another member.}
    Last edited by Vince; 12-08-2020 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Removed your offensive comments

Jonu - it was you who said the FMA hadn't shown any interest. Which is factually incorrect going on publicly available information.

So why do you mislead?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haewai View Post
    Jonu - it was you who said the FMA hadn't shown any interest. Which is factually incorrect going on publicly available information.

So why do you mislead?
    Point me to a statement from the FMA haewai! You can jump for Thaijohn if you wish!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Point me to a statement from the FMA haewai! You can jump for Thaijohn if you wish!
    Just answer the question then, Jonu. Show us the announcement that the FMA has said there is nothing to see.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiJohn View Post
    Just answer the question then, Jonu. Show us the announcement that the FMA has said there is nothing to see.
    About which company? Does the FMA spend its time releasing statements about all companies shouting "Nothing to see! Carry on!"? I think rather when it has concerns or wishes to rebuke a company, it makes an announcement. I see no such announcement regarding NTL.

Ask sensible questions when you want answers.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The FMA haven't shown any interest, presumably for the same reason.
    not quite the same as my understanding.

My understanding is that FMA investigations take some time, and that on conclusion they tend to release something.

My further understanding is that the FMA has announced that it was looking into a complaint alleging the boss of an NZX-listed mining company attempted to manipulate shareholders by posting favourable comments about the business online, and had no further comment to make on the matter at that time.

So, they're interested enough to be looking into the complaint. No idea where it will land, agree with Jonu that it may very well end up in a "nothing to see here" state, and with other posters that it may not. Wait and see I guess