sharetrader
Page 617 of 934 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 9334

Buy in the dip

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Default The Ups and the Doooooooowwwwwwnnnnssssss

Quote Originally Posted by Ltw View Post
    Buy in the dip
    Dip?

Which 'Dip' exactly?

Attachment 11961

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    There's so much wrong in this post I'm not going to bother even starting on it. Which makes me wonder...why you would bother with a spiel of that length when you are so ill informed?
    Jonu, I dont mind if you do a blow by blow, total demolition of every point I've ever made on this thread.

What I have noticed though, is you project a certain air, that you know more than the rest of us garden variety NTL investors.
    Some inside knowledge maybe?

How about spilling the beans?

Are you Matt, or his spin doctor incognito?
    Who knows, you may rescue NTL from its next .1c click downwards, which is -16.6%

In the event of earth shattering news, there is already $796K to sell @.7 & .8 so not much chance of executing any order tacked on the back of that lot.

Dr JPG.

All that glitters, is not gold.
    Last edited by Getty; 24-09-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Pressure 1894 、 1906 、1925, support 1855 、1844 、 1825, dividing line 1874.
    The above content is for learning only, not as a basis for trading!
    By the way, how many years will I have to wait to see the gold dug out? Wait, keep waiting, wait till the earth is gone

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    Dip?

Which 'Dip' exactly?

Attachment 11961
    Sorry I meant dips in gold price not this share.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltw View Post
    Sorry I meant dips in gold price not this share.
    I'm not sure how that resurrects your advice from being anything other than terrible :-)

Just referencing my own post #6136. The funds realised from the sale of my rather large NZX holding were mostly reinvested into HLG prior to last Friday's profit announcement. An 80c (17%) gain with a FI 24c dividend to come payable December. That's the first equivalent .001 gain on NTL funds. Try joining the queue to sell at .007 and see how you get on behind 73m others. Looking at HLG SP to move towards $6 as the the div gets closer to payment. I sleep easier knowing I have added to my existing holding of a quality company paying a gross div yield of 10%. In this environment investors are flocking to companies paying any kind of reasonable dividend, let alone those with high yields. With a few decent investments like this the NTL sale proceeds will be worth over .01 equivalent in no time, while the NTL SP drifts off further with inactivity and a falling Gold price. What activities are the NTL directors actually up to at present given they are mostly Aussies. Probably cooped up at home in Oz, sheltering from covid and involving themselves in affairs closer to home. All the while Gold has peaked at just over NZ$3,100 per ounce and is now back at NZ$2,830. Surely the litmus test for the company was to be in a position to take advantage of these high gold prices and have some ore that they could extract gold from to assist cashflow. The fact that they were not in this state of readiness, or were even working towards it while the gold price was going up, just shows their commitment to increasing shareholder wealth, rather than lining their own pockets with overblown directors fees. They have missed the boat. But hey - its easier to tap obliging gold bug shareholders for additional capital to squander, than to actually mine the stuff they reckon they have underground. Maybe this mining lark is just all a bit too difficult - nice glossy pictures and all in the Annual Reports, but they do look highly posed - studying plans by torchlight deep in the mine. Read the bio's of both Charbel Nader and Matt Hill in the 2020 Annual Report - both investment bankers - and tell me how much mining expertise you see. Kind of reinforces the predicament of the company in a nutshell.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Motley Crew View Post
    Just referencing my own post #6136. The funds realised from the sale of my rather large NZX holding were mostly reinvested into HLG prior to last Friday's profit announcement. An 80c (17%) gain with a FI 24c dividend to come payable December. That's the first equivalent .001 gain on NTL funds. Try joining the queue to sell at .007 and see how you get on behind 73m others. Looking at HLG SP to move towards $6 as the the div gets closer to payment. I sleep easier knowing I have added to my existing holding of a quality company paying a gross div yield of 10%. In this environment investors are flocking to companies paying any kind of reasonable dividend, let alone those with high yields. With a few decent investments like this the NTL sale proceeds will be worth over .01 equivalent in no time, while the NTL SP drifts off further with inactivity and a falling Gold price. What activities are the NTL directors actually up to at present given they are mostly Aussies. Probably cooped up at home in Oz, sheltering from covid and involving themselves in affairs closer to home. All the while Gold has peaked at just over NZ$3,100 per ounce and is now back at NZ$2,830. Surely the litmus test for the company was to be in a position to take advantage of these high gold prices and have some ore that they could extract gold from to assist cashflow. The fact that they were not in this state of readiness, or were even working towards it while the gold price was going up, just shows their commitment to increasing shareholder wealth, rather than lining their own pockets with overblown directors fees. They have missed the boat. But hey - its easier to tap obliging gold bug shareholders for additional capital to squander, than to actually mine the stuff they reckon they have underground. Maybe this mining lark is just all a bit too difficult - nice glossy pictures and all in the Annual Reports, but they do look highly posed - studying plans by torchlight deep in the mine. Read the bio's of both Charbel Nader and Matt Hill in the 2020 Annual Report - both investment bankers - and tell me how much mining expertise you see. Kind of reinforces the predicament of the company in a nutshell.

With you there too MC -- HLG has been gets my vote too

Well said MC. Couldn't have summed it up better myself. NTL is just a flea covered mutt.

At the beach in the weekend I told my daughter there was gold buried below a rock. She dug ferociously for 3 hours until the tide came in and filled the hole. I said to her that is why it has never been dug up before, because the tide always comes and fills in the hole before it can be retrieved.

I told her I'd tried for over 40 years to dig it up and failed. Undeterred she's keen to go back and try again...