sharetrader
Page 434 of 929 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 9281

Maths.

715000 divided by 15000 equals 47.67

That's just 1.7% of all shareholders.

Very hard to be optimistic about that.

You have got it all wrong, some shareholders may have only put part of the full amount in.

Quote Originally Posted by haewai View Post
    Maths.

715000 divided by 15000 equals 47.67

That's just 1.7% of all shareholders.

Very hard to be optimistic about that.

Or maybe you're wrong?
    Neither of us evidence. My math was based on the assumption that people eager enough to stump up this early would be more likely to go to for the full amount.

While going through the annual report to get the number of shareholders, I noticed that Mr Hill gave himself a $55000 pay rise last year.
    I tossed a coin and only put in for $3k. I know another who put in $10k. As for Mr Hill, you cant sit on a gold mine and only pay yourself peanuts!

Or maybe you're wrong?
    Neither of us evidence. My math was based on the assumption that people eager enough to stump up this early would be more likely to go to for the full amount.

While going through the annual report to get the number of shareholders, I noticed that Mr Hill gave himself a $55000 pay rise last year.
    I think where you are going wrong is by not explaining yourself fully.When you stated "$715000 means less than 50 shareholders" you should have added " if all the shareholders had taken up their full $15000 rights"
    Perhaps less assumption and more fact would be in order.

Maybe if more shareholders supported the capital raises they may have been able to move things along a bit quicker, so I think people that didn't support the capital raises are hardly in a position to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemanarc View Post
    The announcement is a clear nod to everyone that they have got the funds they needed to carry on till the cavalry arrives, enough dosh to keep them operating (without bank loans) till the money / gold, starts coming in.
    That gives massive confidence to everyone else who was considering taking up their 15k of more shares.

I am more happy than I have been the last couple of weeks.
    But looks like Rahu is a goner before that baby was even a glimmer in Mat's eyes.
    I didn't see mention of Rahu, (or I missed something) why do you say it's a goner?

Well new to the forum. I have only taken up $2k of the offer doubling my share holding. I may just be a new small investor , but how cool would this be when it finally returns to the faithful. In my mind you’re with in or you’re out!

Hey all - only just found this website very informative - cheers
    I'm new to share trading and NTL was one of my first share purchases i did and slowly watched it go down in price lol. I havent lost hope and as it dropped i continued to buy more bringing my aveage down in the hope it would one day go back up....
    I was somewhat disapointed (like a few others by the sounds) in the May update to not be closer to producing but understand the challenges in this sort of industry.
    Anyway when the SPP plan came out I was a little shocked they needed more funds but after reading the SPP i also did some math on a spreadsheet and was all keen to invest both a bit of my disposable income and 1K of my kids savings (no where near the 15k max but 2 - 6k) from here I found this site and it has been some interesting reading and now not sure what to do. do I take a punt or not.

Do not invest more money than you are prepared to lose. There is always a chance you could lose it all. Personally i think there is a reasonable chance of making money so will be purchasing. But you need to do your own research and analysis before making your decision

Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Do not invest more money than you are prepared to lose. There is always a chance you could lose it all. Personally i think there is a reasonable chance of making money so will be purchasing. But you need to do your own research and analysis before making your decision
    I’d tend to agree. I have a handful of these that I put in my gambling drawer. Probably wouldn’t risk the kids life savings on this one even with the potential of a lotto like result. I did chuck their savings on SKO though!