sharetrader
Page 618 of 933 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622628668718 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 9330
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Motley Crew View Post
    Just referencing my own post #6136. The funds realised from the sale of my rather large NZX holding were mostly reinvested into HLG prior to last Friday's profit announcement. An 80c (17%) gain with a FI 24c dividend to come payable December. That's the first equivalent .001 gain on NTL funds. Try joining the queue to sell at .007 and see how you get on behind 73m others. Looking at HLG SP to move towards $6 as the the div gets closer to payment. I sleep easier knowing I have added to my existing holding of a quality company paying a gross div yield of 10%. In this environment investors are flocking to companies paying any kind of reasonable dividend, let alone those with high yields. With a few decent investments like this the NTL sale proceeds will be worth over .01 equivalent in no time, while the NTL SP drifts off further with inactivity and a falling Gold price. What activities are the NTL directors actually up to at present given they are mostly Aussies. Probably cooped up at home in Oz, sheltering from covid and involving themselves in affairs closer to home. All the while Gold has peaked at just over NZ$3,100 per ounce and is now back at NZ$2,830. Surely the litmus test for the company was to be in a position to take advantage of these high gold prices and have some ore that they could extract gold from to assist cashflow. The fact that they were not in this state of readiness, or were even working towards it while the gold price was going up, just shows their commitment to increasing shareholder wealth, rather than lining their own pockets with overblown directors fees. They have missed the boat. But hey - its easier to tap obliging gold bug shareholders for additional capital to squander, than to actually mine the stuff they reckon they have underground. Maybe this mining lark is just all a bit too difficult - nice glossy pictures and all in the Annual Reports, but they do look highly posed - studying plans by torchlight deep in the mine. Read the bio's of both Charbel Nader and Matt Hill in the 2020 Annual Report - both investment bankers - and tell me how much mining expertise you see. Kind of reinforces the predicament of the company in a nutshell.
    Well done Motley.

Yep opportunity cost is always a factor and I've missed a few.

You're off track about the Board and management. Only Charbel is based in Oz.

Matt's investment banking expertise is in the minerals sector.

You have to rest easy with your own investment decisions and sounds like you are. Best of luck.

There were a lot of posts saying that nothing has happened re: FMA and Matt Hill and that there is no action is being taken. This is not true and I just wanted to inform other holders or potential holders that I have received an update from the FMA stating that investigations are still ongoing. Whether it will result in action is another story however the investigations have not fizzled out as others may have portrayed.
    Last edited by Ace; 01-10-2020 at 04:49 PM.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    There were a lot of posts saying that nothing has happened re: FMA and Matt Hill and that there is no action is being taken. This is not true and I just wanted to inform other holders or potential holders that I have received an update from the FMA stating that investigations are still ongoing. Whether it will result in action is another story however the investigations have not fizzled out as others may have portrayed.
    Care to share the letter?

They pretty much advised me that investigations are ongoing and cannot give me any further details asides from that until it's complete, and that if they need further information they will contact me.
    I assume it must be quite thorough and they would be building up a case and assessing any ramifications his actions might have had onto the market? There must be something of substance for investigations to continue all these months onwards, although that being said COVID could have hindered any progress and it could be nothing of substance.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Guru

They pretty much advised me that investigations are ongoing and cannot give me any further details asides from that until it's complete, and that if they need further information they will contact me.
    I assume it must be quite thorough and they would be building up a case and assessing any ramifications his actions might have had onto the market? There must be something of substance for investigations to continue all these months onwards, although that being said COVID could have hindered any progress and it could be nothing of substance.
    Would be great to see the letter Ace...on FMA letterhead. "pretty much advised me" is a tad vague on a serious matter.

Thanks for the update Ace. I watch with interest the outcome of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Would be great to see the letter Ace...on FMA letterhead. "pretty much advised me" is a tad vague on a serious matter.
    Still waiting Jonu?

Anyway some renewed interest in Australia late this afternoon. No announcements that I can see though.

Except the Trump news!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Well done Motley.

Yep opportunity cost is always a factor and I've missed a few.

You're off track about the Board and management. Only Charbel is based in Oz.

Matt's investment banking expertise is in the minerals sector.

You have to rest easy with your own investment decisions and sounds like you are. Best of luck.
    Took the opportunity to offload a few more on the Oz market on Friday..............

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Motley Crew View Post
    Took the opportunity to offload a few more on the Oz market on Friday..............
    Were those 12 million shares yours? Your offload is someone else's bargain I guess.