sharetrader
Page 352 of 935 FirstFirst ... 252302342348349350351352353354355356362402452852 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 9348
    Banned

So why would Newcrest do this, is it a dead duck and not worth the effort?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Rehabilitation costs? I have no idea, but sometimes mines etc are worth less than zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Unsure, may not see it as worth their time and effort, since they are such are large company they can buy up mines which are more advanced and come in and reap the reward, they may come back if NTL advance it.

Why would Newcrest outlay a lot of money when they don't need to, let an exploration company do that, come in and buy it up once resource is proven and the know how much they will make, purely a business decision.
    basically de-risking themselves

This is just my thoughts, I don't know how the strategic business decisions of Newcrest operate, but if I was someone like Newcrest I would be scouring the world for near operating mines and just pulling out the gold
    Last edited by meltical; 02-11-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Had a good read of the last announcement, and I am quite upbeat and excited despite the share price.
    I kind of think, well I wouldn't mind buying in now at 1.8c but then I certainly would not be able to buy the amount of shares I now have, at that price anyway.
    While I am a little in the red I do like the confidence and excitement of NTL about the gold mine and the start of its operations.

They said this will be the only operating gold mine in NZ, is everyone sure that is correct, if so, very cool indeed.
    I thought their were others around Waihi and in the Kaimai's ??

With Newcrest affectively handing Rahu to NTL, do you think their are some behind the scenes agreements about Newcrest buying out or taking a holding in NTL.
    That is being worked on, sort of make it more simple operation for Newcrest.
    Save on mine management and admin costs to have the one organisation handling both mines.
    And give NTL the funding to go bigger faster and harder quicker.

I sense the SPP is more pig headedness to finish the process and reward the faithful, more a red herring the market has taken bait line and sinker.
    Management seem confident, they seem to think the 2.2 SPP price was a discount, and they see future value beyond the 5.5c option value.

Will be interesting to see what happens to market sentiment and SP when the results of bulk sampling come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Putrimacan View Post
    Where did you get this source from Clint’s? Personally I think it might be better to wait until all the holiday makers have gone home and avoid any additional attention, although getting gold out before the November share offer ends would help sell that offer. At current prices why would anyone buy!
    Hi - it was Bulk Sampling I was referring to, has been in a number of announcements and mentioned at the AGM.

Thanks

Banned

That is it this was scuppered last time the samples came back and the spp just torpedoed the share price. Hoping there won't be any distractions this time, would be good to see the sp going north even for a short jump(to at least 0.23)

Guru

I would expect some positive news to get the November options back in the money, they aint "scuppered" yet.

Some of the reaction to the spp and quarterly has been pretty silly. Fundamentals have improved with the re-acquisition of Rahu and the funds are in place to get the concentrators and get digging. A short term blip in the sp will be shown for what it was in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemanarc View Post
    Had a good read of the last announcement, and I am quite upbeat and excited despite the share price.
    I kind of think, well I wouldn't mind buying in now at 1.8c but then I certainly would not be able to buy the amount of shares I now have, at that price anyway.
    While I am a little in the red I do like the confidence and excitement of NTL about the gold mine and the start of its operations.

They said this will be the only operating gold mine in NZ, is everyone sure that is correct, if so, very cool indeed.
    I thought their were others around Waihi and in the Kaimai's ??

With Newcrest affectively handing Rahu to NTL, do you think their are some behind the scenes agreements about Newcrest buying out or taking a holding in NTL.
    That is being worked on, sort of make it more simple operation for Newcrest.
    Save on mine management and admin costs to have the one organisation handling both mines.
    And give NTL the funding to go bigger faster and harder quicker.

I sense the SPP is more pig headedness to finish the process and reward the faithful, more a red herring the market has taken bait line and sinker.
    Management seem confident, they seem to think the 2.2 SPP price was a discount, and they see future value beyond the 5.5c option value.

Will be interesting to see what happens to market sentiment and SP when the results of bulk sampling come back.
    I think they were referring to the fact it is NZ's only solely underground gold mine, I realise Oceana has underground at Macreas but that is open pit as well.

Regarding Newcrest, yes they maybe interested when it is up and running, but I'd say it would be years down the track. At the moment it is just another bow on NTL's string with potential to investigate and expand operations and tout oh we are mining New Talisman but we also have Rahu as well, not just a one trick pony.
    Last edited by meltical; 02-11-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I would expect some positive news to get the November options back in the money, they aint "scuppered" yet.

Some of the reaction to the spp and quarterly has been pretty silly. Fundamentals have improved with the re-acquisition of Rahu and the funds are in place to get the concentrators and get digging. A short term blip in the sp will be shown for what it was in the next few months.
    I agree Jonu,
    The share price may have taken a hit, but the gold hasn't its still there waiting to come out just a matter of time, when it does share price will reflect that

Guru

Hhat the h@ll will it take to get the oppies over the line later on this month, if that does not happen the what is the fall back plan ?