sharetrader
Page 581 of 934 FirstFirst ... 81481531571577578579580581582583584585591631681 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 9331

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Sounds like Hill is staying. Im out.

No good being an investor in a company that you don't trust.
    Yes looks like he will be staying unless the FMA find that he has done something serious.

I am not out yet and will try to ride this out as NTL is only 5% of my portfolio. I pick 0.6 c and lower will be the new normal.Great pity in my opinion as the mine itself clearly has very good potential - rehabilitated and presumably ready to mine - the share price should be much higher than it is now. I have been in and out of this one since 2013. The mine has come a long way since heritage gold days but we still seem to be a long way off mining gold.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    you missed the bit about the regularly featuring "time for shareholders to feed the monkeys" sessions throughout the lengthy series

I wonder what Peter Atkinson would say about the further progress achieved abeit still short of being able to slam any sort of gold stuff on the table (that hasn't come out of shareholders pockets)

Are there any examples in the Aussie Mining sector where progress has been slower than training up a troupe of tame snails and the whole job has taken on resemblance a slow moving gravy train lost in grandiose dreams of gold where Many have become confused on who's trying to fool who .. ?
    I wonder what Rowan Atkinson would say about these has Beans!

I'm training up a group of Powellian snails I got from Pike River (dont tell DOC) who have since developed rheumatoid arthritis keeping pace with this mob!

Fools gold...
    Last edited by Getty; 02-08-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    Sounds like Hill is staying. Im out.

No good being an investor in a company that you don't trust.
    This is a fair enough decision Rosco.

Everyone should make their own decisions, but personally I am still in. The overall objective for long term shareholders is to get to a fully operational mine, bulk sampling is a major milestone and will generate revenue but is not the final long-term goal.

Obviously, Matt should have declared who is was when posting on Sharetrader. As soon as I was aware of this issue, I personally reviewed all of the posts by “Bullish” and in my opinion I believe there was nothing posted that was not generally available to the market. My own conclusion is that Matt was posting to counter the other overly negative posters such as the protestors/ environmental activists (who also do not declare who they are). We all know there are posters on these sites with questionable motives when they post including a few here in the past few weeks.

Having talked to Matt in person on several occasions my personal view is that he is very qualified and competent to do this role and I would want to have a very real / named option to consider before I was looking for him to be replaced. Yes, this is progressing slower than we all want but it is extremely difficult to navigate everything we need to get to a full operational mine primarily due to political, RMA and other local council consent processes. I have personal experience in dealing with these, and it is far from straight forward or easy to navigate.

This is a speculative investment so individuals need to do their own risk and reward analysis. For me, worst case I lose everything I have invested in NTL, if they get bulk sampling started then I estimate at lease 3x the current share price and if they get to full mining it is more than 10x the current price.

Although my exposure is nothing like Digger and other large shareholders, along with my wife we hold >13M shares. This is after selling down recently to balance my overall portfolio and risk exposure. But at the end of the day, in the worst case I am prepared to lose all of this investment. If I change my mind then I will sell or my shares, I suggest this may be a good option for some other people posters here to consider, that is assuming they do actually own shares in NTL?

IMO

Are you also prepared to keep tipping more in as the inevitable cap raises keep coming? Can you handle being diluted , many cant and against their intuition keep tipping more in to keep their %.No one likes crystallising a loss either, im still learning that one elsewhere.

Advanced Member

I will defer to your opinion of Matt, Chippie, despite his rude treatment of some posters.

However, 2 important facts remain;
    NTL is not a greenfields start up co, but had 2 big headstarts;
    Exploration data and test work from Heritage Gold. & An already dug shaft, to provide access, and sampling points underground.

In Aussie, some people just go fossicking in the weekend, and find gold nuggets, or other minerals.

After over 7 yrs of scratching around like headless chooks, I dont think it's unreasonable for shareholders to have expected some banked gold by now.

I also have had experience with councils & RM hearings, and it comes down to 2 things, time & money.
    This co has had plenty of both.
    Last edited by Getty; 02-08-2020 at 01:42 PM.

No, I put plenty in at the last one and at my maximum for a speculative share.

I am not 100% sure there will be another capital raise but if there is, I will need to be okay with being diluted.

They still have 2.2M in the bank after spending 293K last quarter. At that rate it will be one year before we get down to the last million dollars of cash. The two extracts below from the quarterly will have a material impact on what additional capital is required. In addition, at the AGM two years ago I think it was Charbel Nader who responded to a question on what is required to be able to get a bank loan. From memory (60% confidence) it was completion of the full mining plan along with the JORC 2012 estimate. This could be a good question to ask at the AGM on Friday to confirm.

The two quotes from quarterly below

“As announced last quarter discussions have commenced with a high profile NZ industry group and work is underway on the evaluation of the potential for a formal collaboration that could facilitate funding, delivery and operation of a joint processing plant as part of a broader industry offering. NTL is currently working on the modelling of volumes in line with the current Talisman mine plan and development of a broad commercial business model treating similar volumes. This will determine commercial drivers and allow further due diligence to continue.”

"Over the course of the next six months the company intends to lodge an application for full mining at Talisman and work has commenced on the initial gap analysis for application with the Council aimed at securing consent to mine following the end of the two year bulk sampling plan.”

And yes I agree, I would feel a whole lot better if we had some banked gold by now. That is why I have sold down recently. This is the main question for the AGM and reasonable to expect some good answers

Advanced Member

Mr Hill, now I've got you on the Matt,
    Stop acting like a goat looking for the greener grass.

As per yr quarterly, 3 mineable targets have already been identified, just pick one that has the best mix of g/t and accessability.and like the Nike ad, just do it!
    All this resource proving up etc, Smells like current shareholders funds are being burnt up to create resource proof to a bigger outfit to come in & takeover from existing demoralised s/holders.
    I dont think any current s/h gives a **** what other resources are there for the meantime.
    They just want to get some cashflow from what is known, to get NTL on a self sufficient footing!
    You know, like the sure footed goat!!

Membaa

Sometimes it feels so close, yet so far. So I'm not invested yet, prefer to see this go from explorer to producer.

I have a story that haunts (sorry if I've said this before) ... had 222,000 shares in a copper miner who did a 400:1 consolidation (yes 400!), ended up with about 555 shares worth f'all. It was a salutary lesson about how minor shareholders can get completely f'ked over by the majors. It's still worth f'all.

gltah, imo you need to exercise your combined shareholder rights and move this company in the direction to want it to go, or be subdued as a minor and risk being obliterated. The large holders will do whatever it takes to maximise their interests or minimise their losses ... at YOUR expense.

True story.

Advanced Member

mmm, you make us feel like lambs to the slaughter there Baa, but you are right.