sharetrader
Page 2 of 929 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Anyone else watching this? Seems cheap when compared with other gold company's (see latest NZX release comparinf Enterprise value and ore grade) with the latest round of propaganda tour. Only drawback seems to be very illiquid, but it is trading below its latest fund raising price and that 1.2 cent ceiling would be easy to take out...

Someone have a take on this?
    The Aussie sell price seems to be a lot higher by comparison, but no-one's testing it. It is still a very low MCap as you say. Why did they bring out this presentation? Could be some other news due soon, or it's for fundraising.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The Aussie sell price seems to be a lot higher by comparison, but no-one's testing it. It is still a very low MCap as you say. Why did they bring out this presentation? Could be some other news due soon, or it's for fundraising.
    I suppose it depends on what they are paying themselves and staff but $1.2 or was it $1.4mil willn't go too far.

Legend

Here's a bit from DOC about the Victoria Battery at Waikino. It was huge, the biggest in the country by far, but its main job was processing ore from Martha Hill in Waihi, not nearby Talisman.

http://www.doc.govt.nz/documents/con...ttery-site.pdf

There were also the Crown, Talisman and the Woodstock stamper batteries nearby. The Talisman had 50 stampers, some on each side of the river. http://www.doc.govt.nz/documents/par...e-brochure.pdf
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-01-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Legend

Some action at last, and interested investors or partners looking around.
    New Talisman begins sprucing up Talisman lease

Ross Louthean — 4 February 2013
    The long-held Talisman gold project at Karangahake near Waihi is being spruced up as studies leading to a mining revival at the historic centre gets underway.
    Owner New Talisman Gold Mines Ltd (ASX & NZX: NTL) says in its December quarter report that the upgrading of roads and mine surface access at Talisman has begun and that it expects to have a pre-feasibility study by the end of March.
    New Talisman is considering candidates to assist with the next stage of the company’s development for appointment to its board.
    “A number of high calibre candidates are currently being reviewed,” the company said.
    A number of investor groups indicated interest in Talisman and discussions with these groups “are continuing.”
    Following the appointment of Wayne Chowles as principal mining engineer in December a survey of the mine was undertaken to seek further levels within the historic mine for accessing the various identified ore bodies.
    New Talisman said initial scoping identified high-grade mined ore and previously bulk sampled material available for test-work to assist developing metallurgical treatment options.
    “The prefeasibility study will identify the sequence for each mineable resource for removal from the initial Woodstock target through to the bonanza grade Dubbo vein which can be accessed via existing workings,” the report said.
    “The mine will be a low-impact, high-grade, small-scale gold and silver mine utilising best practice methods for sustainable development.”
    Meanwhile, unlisted subsidiary Coromandel Gold Ltd holds the granted licence EP 53706 through its subsidiary Northland Minerals Ltd, west of Whangarei and covering 1,188 hectares of private land and conservation land.
    The licence is prospective for gold and copper. A literature research is being undertaken on the exploration and mining history of the area to aid exploration planning.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Wonder who the "high-calibre" investors are? Don't think Ross Asset Management would be into something this risky. If they did though, price would get a major boost just like with BFW. Interesting, seems like the activity is finally going somewhere. We may never see 1.2 again hopefully!
    Since Talisman already has a good network of tunnels, it shouldn't take too much capital to set it up. This sort of rework, triggered by the higher gold prices, is going on all around the world. In real terms, the gold is possibly worth 2-3 times what it was when mining was stopped in the past. So a big change in the Aussie price today, onwards and upwards..

I've been watching a lot of Gold Rush: Alaska on Discovery Channel over the last few weeks so I bought a chunk of these last week.

One thing that struck me about the investor presentation is the existing road access (even if it needs to be done up a bit).

I'll keep watching Gold Rush: Alaska for more tidbits of information about gold mining and hoping for good news out of the mine!

Banned

Default NTL - New Talisman Gold Mines - worth a look

Thanks for the info

Road access is enough for trucks from what I could tell. It's just up from the highway. there are trails near there but the mine is securely locked away it seems. Looking forward to seeing the study out.

They have Canaccord who underwrote rights issue and never seem to have trouble finding cash.

@ Robbo Gold mining Alaska is a big step off underground high grade gold mining. Probably closer to GEL than these guys not quite what Sprott asset expected I'm sure!!!

Although the Alaska guys probably have bigger alluvial plants than GEL...lol

.........the bridge across the Ohinemuri will need to be rebuilt first before heavy machinery and trucks can get in and out of there. Possible re-strengthening might do it but it looks pretty ancient to me.....considerable costs could be involved......who's gonna pay for that I wonder?? (Answer= us shareholders!)
    Have a Gr8day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    .........the bridge across the Ohinemuri will need to be rebuilt first before heavy machinery and trucks can get in and out of there. Possible re-strengthening might do it but it looks pretty ancient to me.....considerable costs could be involved......who's gonna pay for that I wonder?? (Answer= us shareholders!)

GR8DAY - Im not sure where you get that from. Im pretty sure the trucks and machinery clearing the road and pad didnt fly in......nor were the many houses on the other side of the bridge hand carted in.......

Quote Originally Posted by bullish View Post
    GR8DAY - Im not sure where you get that from. Im pretty sure the trucks and machinery clearing the road and pad didnt fly in......nor were the many houses on the other side of the bridge hand carted in.......

Hi there BULLISH.....Im thinking it's a very different scenario.......way back when? they probably dragged it out with horse and cart.......1/2 ton at a time? Comparing that to many many truckloads per day with maybe 30/40 ton per load.........hmmmmmm not so sure. Any buzz around Waihi yet concerning this finally getting under way?
    Have a Gr8day.