sharetrader
Page 4 of 929 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dej View Post
    Anyone think there will be a capital raising in the near future? Sorry if its been answered previously - its late (forgive my laziness)
    Unsure, depends on how much drilling is going to happen soon. It doesn't cost too much for planning exploration procedures and background work.

Thanks for the data supplied earlier in the thread. The mines now held by NTL delivered about 622,000 oz of gold over a 20-odd year period, with an average grade of 27.8 g/tonne. These days that's a huge grade. The same ore held 129g/tonne of silver. All up 3.5Moz of bullion taken out.

The new Mystery Vein discovered in 1980 is at a more modest grade of 6.9 g/tonne, but that's still OK. 205,000 oz as JORC to start with.
    Last edited by elZorro; 07-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Why would someone buy 5000 shares ($70 worth)? Significant holder trying to goof the market with a tiny buying, hoping someone might not notice the upping in price is on extremely weak volume?
    Probably the same reason someone is trying to sell 10000 at .008 in OZ. IDK

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Interesting. I see on other highly traded stocks that there are buyers/sellers at 1, 5 or 10 share parcels.
    Not long ago I made a complaint to the FMA regarding my suspicions of market manipulation about massive small parcels of shares being traded... This is what they said:

"OL stands for "Odd Lot" referring to trades of a very small size and appears when algorithmic trading takes place. The use of automated algorithmic ('algo') trading has been steadily rising on the NZ market for the past 2 years. In and of itself this type of trading is not considered manipulative. This trading was likely to be part of an automated trading strategy.

Odd Lot trades do not contribute to market statistics recorded, such as “last price”, “high” or “low”."

However, if someone was looking just at recent trades then they may be "goofed" (great terminology moosie)...

AWOL

I think those numbers are residual from trades where 10000 say have been for sale and someone only wanted 9957 to round off their own holding. Have you never bought or sold shares where they come through as small parcels. I sold some AIR once and they came through in 26 small parcels for the total.They were all combined on the contract note so all good.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 08-02-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling error

AWOL

You may also get the situation where a seller of 10000 gets 9900 sold and goes .5 or 1 lower with the remaining 100 on the same contract just to finish up. Getting back to talisman - we are dealing with pretty low numbers here and wild gyrations are to be expected if going up .002 amounts to 14%
    If you have several million it makes a difference alright but you still have to sell them. This is one step at a time this venture by the look of it. Back of the bottom drawer I think. Patience

AWOL

Dont forget the exchange rate and Aussie Tax

AWOL

Good on yer, mate

AWOL

Your enthusiasm knows no bounds, Moosie. Trust you will be equally so when they are under 1.2 and you will be adding to your stake no doubt. Nothing like a goldmine to get the punters stirred up.
    Disc: Holding NTL @ 1.2 and no I wasnt the buyer

Gold is a beautiful, amazing element: http://gerarddirect.com/wp-content/u...13/01/gold.jpg

I just find the prospect (no pun intended) of owning shares in a gold mine to be exciting. It's just like being part of Gold Rush: Alaska.

Who could ask for more from an investment?

1.5 1,000 14:43

Someone else is now aboard the Gold Rush: Alaska adventure!!