sharetrader
Page 473 of 934 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 9331

The next market update will be the half yearly report which should be before Christmas as it was last year.

The big problem with these guys is that they say they are going to make an announcement and never follow through with it. This sort of behaviour leads to a lot of disgruntled shareholders. The board of directors are supposed to be representing the shareholders. I haven’t seen much evidence of that. Certainly shareholder relations has not been given much thought.

the top 22 shareholders own about 36% of the shares and only a few % seem to be directly controlled by people associated with the company. My guess is the top 100 share holders would control well over 50% of the company.We do Not know for sure because the holding range tabulated in the annual report is very unhelpful. NTL were asked at a meeting once to change this to make it more meaningful but they refused.

As a shareholder I hope the half year announcement is a good one.
    Last edited by Brain; 09-12-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Drove through waihi this morning got behind very flash late module Mercedes...number plate " h4hill"...couldn't help wondering

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    Drove through waihi this morning got behind very flash late module Mercedes...number plate " h4hill"...couldn't help wondering
    AU Hill would have been more appropriate - or not!!!

At least the price of gold is back on the rise.

Sharemarket report came out just now without any of the normal warning that I usually get.

I do not like the way they make the statements with "?" marks instead of "*" stars or bullet points, who does that ?

Ugh. I hate this stock.
    Last edited by youngatheart; 13-12-2019 at 09:49 AM.

My take from reading this report is that there'll be no gold mined for the foreseeable future. Glad I now made the correct decision and exited this stock last week.
    Last edited by youngatheart; 14-12-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    My take from reading this report is that there'll be no gold mined for the foreseeable future. Glad I now made the correct decision and exited this stock last week.
    As I said in #4690, the half year report simply repeats the content of the first two quarterlies, which are already published. There's not much new in the half year report as a result. I noticed confirmation that terra firma is the party interested in contract mining, which I think wasn't mentioned before. And some firmer timings around the resource consent for full mining and processing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by haewai View Post
    As I said in #4690, the half year report simply repeats the content of the first two quarterlies, which are already published. There's not much new in the half year report as a result. I noticed confirmation that terra firma is the party interested in contract mining, which I think wasn't mentioned before. And some firmer timings around the resource consent for full mining and processing.
    Agreed haewai. The January quarterly or an earlier release around confirmed JORC and Terra Firma will be next IMHO. As an aside I understand Terra Firma has been involved in the White Island recovery, so their skills are obviously widely recognised.

Things might not be happeneing as fast as we'd like but
    A wise, major project manager once said to me:
    9 times out of ten when it comes to Budget, Schedule and Quality you can have any 2 and only 2.
    Over the years I have worked on a number of large projects upwards of half a billon dollars and this generally runs true
    So if we take this principle and put it to NTL I think it runs true.
    Through photos posted on the various forums and info out there the work done dose look to a good quality
    We all know there is always budget restraints, on a project like this with a shoe string budget it is important you stick to your budgets.
    So this then leaves the schedule very open ended with our company only in control of limited things that they are trying to get over the line right now.

The Pilot plant
    Phase 1 of the test work has been successfully completed. This has been done in a structured way and Gold and precious metals recovery rates achieved. We now have a line in the sand, something to work from.
    To blindly start processing would be a complete waste of time and resources. The key objective of the Pilot plant is to test, tune and retest so we know what we have, how best to get it and what quantity’s we have. Now design of a bigger plant or using someone else’s can procced.
    IMHO Producing concentrate is not an issue the delays are in the testing and having access to the equipment to separate gold silver etc. yes they probably could have poured a nice shiny bar of gold by now but what has that achieved?
    There are many things to consider and from what I see and read the approach they are taking is the long term one.

Phase 2 of the metallurgical test work which aims to gather data on the plant outputs sufficient to meet council requirements for a resource consent for a larger volume plant, has commenced. The sampling from processing small quantities of various ore grades will ensure sufficient sample size for ore treatment data to be collected and included as part of final plant application. The whole resource consent process is painful and something that requires care and attention to detail, stuff this up and its over before it begins.

IMO once all the testing is completed things should start moving ahead quite quickly – Resource consent, full scale plant or offloading ore / concentrate to others for processing. The mine is not stagnant and things are happening exciting times ahead it just may not be as fast as you hopped.
    I believe mid next year after the bonus shares are issued we’ll see the share price dip then start to come good as the ducks start aligning – POG, Resource consent, Test work completed, solid plan to production other possible commercial agreements.