sharetrader
Page 11 of 934 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111511 ... LastLast
    AWOL

Aus up 14% - action stations
    New Buyer in at .020 NZ
    Another 60000 bought over the top late at .021
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 28-03-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Given the run up in the share price over the last few days do you think the good news is already priced in?

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
    Given the run up in the share price over the last few days do you think the good news is already priced in?
    Quite possible, but this is a highly speculative share and anything could happen. You are the one with 10000 to spend I believe - wouldn't risk more than you are prepared to lose with this one or perhaps wait. If the euphoria dies off I'd pick some up a bit lower in the mean time and wait.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by majorbarejet View Post
    Quite possible, but this is a highly speculative share and anything could happen. You are the one with 10000 to spend I believe - wouldn't risk more than you are prepared to lose with this one or perhaps wait. If the euphoria dies off I'd pick some up a bit lower in the mean time and wait.
    Except MBJ, you are forgetting the normal 5, 10, 20-bagger response that often occurs when a small junior explorer gets to the mining stage. In this case, the MCap is about 10mill for NTL. There is a possibility that there is 3Moz in the Talisman permit area. That's $6,000 million worth. Even at $200/oz inground valuation, the MCap would be $600mill, which looks like a 60-bagger.

Stepping back a bit and looking at the few hundred thousand ounces they're talking about initially, with probably a plan to ship concentrate to the nearby port, and the current interest looks well founded. Especially if they've figured out a way(s) to get the gold out relatively quickly, and for little real capital cost.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Except MBJ, you are forgetting the normal 5, 10, 20-bagger response that often occurs when a small junior explorer gets to the mining stage. In this case, the MCap is about 10mill for NTL. There is a possibility that there is 3Moz in the Talisman permit area. That's $6,000 million worth. Even at $200/oz inground valuation, the MCap would be $600mill, which looks like a 60-bagger.

Stepping back a bit and looking at the few hundred thousand ounces they're talking about initially, with probably a plan to ship concentrate to the nearby port, and the current interest looks well founded. Especially if they've figured out a way(s) to get the gold out relatively quickly, and for little real capital cost.
    Good thoughts - perhaps mine are somewhat clouded by AOH on the ASX which has gone pretty well nowhere after entering production in Finland.
    I have this strange feeling that NTL is going to be enormous but its probably gold fever. Of course there is the Congo connection and BPL to figure in yet as well - hmmmm, things are getting interesting - even the better half is listening with more concentration than usual
    Just a point - where would the ore concentrate most likely go to if it was shipped out?
    Disc: Holding NTL
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 28-03-2013 at 07:43 PM.

AWOL

[QUOTE=moosie_900;392651]The eternal optimist (within reasonable bounds) majorbarejet. If it goes below then yes I will probably buy more. Always an opportunity to invest as I see it.
    I'm looking for a target of 2 cents (NTA value), so I am reasonable at times :P[/QUOTE And so whats happened now then moosie

Legend

Good thoughts - perhaps mine are somewhat clouded by AOH on the ASX which has gone pretty well nowhere after entering production in Finland.
    I have this strange feeling that NTL is going to be enormous but its probably gold fever. Of course there is the Congo connection and BPL to figure in yet as well - hmmmm, things are getting interesting - even the better half is listening with more concentration than usual
    Just a point - where would the ore concentrate most likely go to if it was shipped out?
    Disc: Holding NTL
    Hi MBJ, I looked a bit harder at the NTL figures and they have mentioned 2Moz as the top of their range for gold at Talisman, quite a bit more silver would add to the net bullion. The 200,000oz of gold they are after initially is a JORC resource though.

In this data from a month or two back they spell out what the prefeasibility report would contain. It'll be a big document.

http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/NTL-Presentation_240113.pdf

Since OGC has used Trafigura to pick up their concentrate, that would be an option for NTL, from PoT. But OGC had to spend a lot on plant, even to get the concentrate. Whatever Newmont is using at Waihi would probably be the best bet, if money was no object. I'm not sure if 'toll processing' means using the Waihi mill as an option.

AWOL

Have just used Easter to do some reading on NTL and this thread. One question that keeps popping up is " if the Mystery vein was discovered in the 80s or 90s why was it not mined?" Was it uneconomic at the time, too hard to get out due to infrastructure requirements or lack of enthusiasm on Heritage's part. I am basically unfamiliar with Heritage's role in all this but will research it if necessary. It appears it was intersected at level 8 and all the information I have indicates that it was never mined. I'm only hazarding a guess but this would surely be the first port of call after whatever residual ore lying around is taken out, if they go ahead. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
    This post is a straightforward request for information relating to the the thread.
    No offense is intended to any participant in sharetrader forums.

Have just used Easter to do some reading on NTL and this thread. One question that keeps popping up is " if the Mystery vein was discovered in the 80s or 90s why was it not mined?" Was it uneconomic at the time, too hard to get out due to infrastructure requirements or lack of enthusiasm on Heritage's part. I am basically unfamiliar with Heritage's role in all this but will research it if necessary. It appears it was intersected at level 8 and all the information I have indicates that it was never mined. I'm only hazarding a guess but this would surely be the first port of call after whatever residual ore lying around is taken out, if they go ahead. Anyone else have an opinion on this?
    This post is a straightforward request for information relating to the the thread.
    No offense is intended to any participant in sharetrader forums.
    I'll put my C on the B and surmise that mining techniques have evolved to a point that low-environmental-impact mining is more cost effective that it once was. I think I picked that up from somewhere, maybe a director's comment. Don't quote me.

AWOL

With the pre-feasibility report imminent I contacted my man on the ground in the region. I asked if he had heard anything mentioned around the area in the course of his dealings in Waihi. It was all about Newmount but no whispers about Talisman. The word doesn't seem to be out generally and I'm sure another family member who has a degree in M&M would have heard by now.

This post is intended for information only related to the thread and expresses an opinion.
    No offense is intended to any person by this post.