sharetrader
Page 190 of 933 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200240290690 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 9326
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Landyman View Post
    Agree. Given that HGD/NTL have managed to keep themselves afloat for long enough to (almost) become a producer, then the AMER money doesnt seem necessary. For me it could still be a positive, if AMER want in, then they will need to offer/pay a fair market price (which wouldnt have been the case if NTL were about to fail), so share holders could potential recognise their gains sooner rather than later.

What that fair market price is today, well, lets see.
    What I do mot like about the AMER supposed arrangement was where AMER were guaranteed a profit for so many years. Who to hell do they think there are ./ none of the rest of us are guaranteed a profit. So on that count I would say to hell with them.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    What I do mot like about the AMER supposed arrangement was where AMER were guaranteed a profit for so many years. Who to hell do they think there are ./ none of the rest of us are guaranteed a profit. So on that count I would say to hell with them.
    Me too. I actually misread it initially and thought Amer was going to guarantee ntl profit , but its the other way around so ill definitely be voting NO! To that.

Ok so are we going to join hands and form a league of minor investors that have a more substantial say? couple of shares im in at the moment are forming these and have an elected frontman to fight against takeover bids etc.

"The signed term sheet proposes Amer acquire a controlling stake of around 70% in New Talisman in return for a cash subscription and guaranteed cash profit underwrites over a 3-year period."

I read it the other way around - that AMER would underwrite a guaranteed cash profit over the three year period. A company wanting a 70% stake has to bring more than just cash to the table - so this would be the other incentive. It could do this through extra cash injections, guaranteed sales to its other companies etc.

It does not make sense in reverse.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    "The signed term sheet proposes Amer acquire a controlling stake of around 70% in New Talisman in return for a cash subscription and guaranteed cash profit underwrites over a 3-year period."

I read it the other way around - that AMER would underwrite a guaranteed cash profit over the three year period. A company wanting a 70% stake has to bring more than just cash to the table - so this would be the other incentive. It could do this through extra cash injections, guaranteed sales to its other companies etc.

That was my reading of it too

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post

I see what you mean. It could be that but for sure whatever has to be cleared up with no room for confusion.
    digger

I see what you mean. It could be that but for sure whatever has to be cleared up with no room for confusion.
    Im happy to email Richard Justice and ask, if no one else has already?

Wow, response received from the top, Matthew Hill. His reply was that it was clear in the announcement - which means we are all stupid ;-)

Either way, I think the guarantee is from AMER to NTL - wouldnt make sense the other way.
    Last edited by Landyman; 15-07-2016 at 12:53 PM.

I see NBR wrote an article on these guys its behind a paywall but the title seems positive
    "Mining minnow New Talisman promises the gold’s coming soon"

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I see NBR wrote an article on these guys its behind a paywall but the title seems positive
    "Mining minnow New Talisman promises the gold’s coming soon"

Above news article is now readable in full, no longer behind the paywall.

Guru

No its not now, how can we read this?