sharetrader
Page 211 of 934 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 9331

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Thanks StockRooster, although this obviously predated the agreement in principle to the TMP
    I take it they have never released the "agreement in principle" document and details to shareholders??

Membaa

Have received a very prompt and courteous reply from Matthew Hill, indicating I would have to wait until the imminent Quarterly Activities report for an update.

Given that I asked him pointedly if there was a problem or obstacle I'm taking that there isn't
    With respect, your email received the appropriate and predictable reply, and at least the reply was prompt and courteous. There's no way a listed company is going to provide any information directly to a shareholder that is not privvy to the market. The FMA Act disclosures prevent that. That said, your email didn't actually ask any direct questions, though it did express your dissatisfaction and one would assume that of many shareholders.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    With respect, your email received the appropriate and predictable reply, and at least the reply was prompt and courteous. There's no way a listed company is going to provide any information directly to a shareholder that is not privvy to the market. The FMA Act disclosures prevent that. That said, your email didn't actually ask any direct questions, though it did express your dissatisfaction and one would assume that of many shareholders.
    Fair comment Baa, rereading my email I gave him the opportunity to detail any obstacle or problem rather than asking it. If anything I hope I have given Matthew the message that a rinse and repeat Quarterly won't cut the mustard!

Good on you Jonu for having a crack...

If the next quarterly is a rinse and repeat... As mentioned in the past an OIA to the Hauraki Council requesting all documents, emails etc relating to the Talisman TMP should flush out the information everyone is after... I can't see how a TMP would be commercially sensitive therefore be able to be withheld...

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Stock Rooster View Post
    Good on you Jonu for having a crack...

If the next quarterly is a rinse and repeat... As mentioned in the past an OIA to the Hauraki Council requesting all documents, emails etc relating to the Talisman TMP should flush out the information everyone is after... I can't see how a TMP would be commercially sensitive therefore be able to be withheld...
    Yes, good on Jonu for having a crack at getting some info, albeit certain to be rebuffed. Shareholders deserve to be kept in the know, but this company plays it's cards very close to its chest. Not surprising perhaps, in that they have suffered the ignominy of the environmental and NIMBY crowd for donkey's years, so why would they say anything publicly that might draw further ire and undue contention?

Doesn't make sense to be a tall poppy beating ones chest in NZ, while defiling the indigenous landscape for capitalistic outcomes. Better to chip away at the fringes with the end goal in mind. One day they might dig up some gold and better still, enough to make a profit and make their share holders rich.

In the meantime, and it has been a long long mean time, this is and has been a traders delight. I know there are a few devoted who hate hearing this, but a little patience and a timely entry and exit, are making a select few quite a nice profit. The rest are just fodder, putting up their cash for the management salaries and the eternal promises.

I'm no greenie in case you were wondering, but I have an eye to the opportunity. This time around, NTL is plumbing the depths of their SP again and anything but stellar news will be reflected in a lacklustre SP response. The traders will be hovering here, looking to buy now or maybe a click or two lower, and ride the euphoria that will certainly be part of the NTL announce.

Talk about the rinse and repeat. There it is, there are only two parties making money from NTL. They are the management who can string the faithful along for god knows how many years, and the nimble traders who know how to buy into the depths of despair and sell into any SP rally, however small is still a sizeable percentage gain.

Think about it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yes, good on Jonu for having a crack at getting some info, albeit certain to be rebuffed. Shareholders deserve to be kept in the know, but this company plays it's cards very close to its chest. Not surprising perhaps, in that they have suffered the ignominy of the environmental and NIMBY crowd for donkey's years, so why would they say anything publicly that might draw further ire and undue contention?

Doesn't make sense to be a tall poppy beating ones chest in NZ, while defiling the indigenous landscape for capitalistic outcomes. Better to chip away at the fringes with the end goal in mind. One day they might dig up some gold and better still, enough to make a profit and make their share holders rich.

In the meantime, and it has been a long long mean time, this is and has been a traders delight. I know there are a few devoted who hate hearing this, but a little patience and a timely entry and exit, are making a select few quite a nice profit. The rest are just fodder, putting up their cash for the management salaries and the eternal promises.

I'm no greenie in case you were wondering, but I have an eye to the opportunity. This time around, NTL is plumbing the depths of their SP again and anything but stellar news will be reflected in a lacklustre SP response. The traders will be hovering here, looking to buy now or maybe a click or two lower, and ride the euphoria that will certainly be part of the NTL announce.

Talk about the rinse and repeat. There it is, there are only two parties making money from NTL. They are the management who can string the faithful along for god knows how many years, and the nimble traders who know how to buy into the depths of despair and sell into any SP rally, however small is still a sizeable percentage gain.

Think about it.
    I don't doubt the traders hover around stocks like NTL but you need to take a look at the top 20 shareholders list. There are 3 Hill family entities in there in different guises, and as pointed out earlier they bought up large in the last cap raising. There is no incentive for them to sit back drawing salaries that are chewing up their own investment.

Have received a very prompt and courteous reply from Matthew Hill, indicating I would have to wait until the imminent Quarterly Activities report for an update.

Given that I asked him pointedly if there was a problem or obstacle I'm taking that there isn't
    If there is an obstacle or problem, this could be consider material and would not be able to be 'delayed' until the quarterly for announcement.

However on the flip side, if there had been progress would this not also be material and have been released? Certainly there is appetite for any kind of news from shareholders.

Which concerns me as a holder that we may be in for another "still ongoing" type quarterly announcement at a time we should be deep into bulk sampling...

Its on! Really great news - SP reacting already!

The traffic management plan still isn't sorted though, and I didn't see any commentary on why its being held up so much given the approval in principle over a year ago?

I am pleased they can get in and start something, but still a bit cautious here.

From Robbo24 on Hot Copper...
    "Mine construction mode ACTIVATED!

Talisman Deeps project in the lower levels appears to be a permitted activity.

Great work by NTL in hitting two birds with one stone and getting bulk sampling construction AND Talisman Deeps work underway at the same time.

This is really exciting stuff:

Many of the activities are core to safe operations at the site and therefore will not have to be duplicated upon commencement of bulk sampling under the resource consent.The works being undertaken at site include: -

? Perimeter fencing - erection of safety and security fencing around theportal site;
    ? Construction of the portal pad and associated structures;
    ? Ventilation fan - installation of a new ventilation fan at the entrance tothe mine;
    ? Installation of a Generator and Air compressor;
    ? Installation of reticulation services through the underground workings;
    ? Removal of old beams and replacement of underground structures;
    ? Sampling and Drilling at Mystery and other targeted areas.;
    ? Establishment of site office and security office;
    ? Road use and maintenance - to enable safe and efficient transport ofprospecting vehicles; and
    ? Vegetation management - trimming and weed control as necessary within thesite and within the existing footprint of the mine road."