sharetrader
Page 283 of 933 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383783 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 9326
    Guru

In response to JoshuaTree, I had discounted the possibility of a cap raising knowing they were fully funded for the declared bulk sampling. As I said yesterday, short term this is frustrating, but long term It is positive for 2 main reasons.

1. The extra funds are for a ramp up in production volume and timing.

2. It rewards only existing shareholders from 25th August.

The people who bought 15k worth @ 0.5, myself included have done all right out of that. This will be seen the same way down the track. For relatively large holders participation in this is hardly worth it and is a dilution to boot, but it does reward the new holders from the last 6 weeks or so.

I'm assuming they are anticipating the Bonanza announcement, which is surely due before the SPP applications expire,to give the SP a very positive boost which will make the SPP far more attractive.

Bottom line is there is gold in the ground and they want it out with speed

If they do the spp after bonanza announcement share price goes up gains interest from overseas, oz and nz investors sell some parcels to offshore investors who can't participate in the spp = less money coming in.

They do it before bonanza announcement there is less offshore investors and full participation from nz an oz investors if bonanza is good (of course it is)
    people are reading into it to much, you can speculate all you want but quite often the answer is simple

food for thought

plus who wouldn't want to cash in and get the gold out at this price, I know if I had a gold mine I would be working around the clock.
    Last edited by meltical; 29-08-2017 at 09:51 AM.

has anyone factored in the funds from the nov rights.What will the company use this income for,if as expected they are taken up?

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    In response to JoshuaTree, I had discounted the possibility of a cap raising knowing they were fully funded for the declared bulk sampling. As I said yesterday, short term this is frustrating, but long term It is positive for 2 main reasons.

1. The extra funds are for a ramp up in production volume and timing.

2. It rewards only existing shareholders from 25th August.

The people who bought 15k worth @ 0.5, myself included have done all right out of that. This will be seen the same way down the track. For relatively large holders participation in this is hardly worth it and is a dilution to boot, but it does reward the new holders from the last 6 weeks or so.

I'm assuming they are anticipating the Bonanza announcement, which is surely due before the SPP applications expire,to give the SP a very positive boost which will make the SPP far more attractive.
    This is a valid counter-argument, but I have issues, primarily, management don't seem to be reliable with what they say.

1. Fully-funded until 2020. Nope, change in plans.
    2. Results released in a week. Nope. Delay.
    3. Results released in another 2 weeks. Nope. SPP instead.

And that's just what I've seen in the short time I've been watching.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Sounds all very short term. Possibility that the quantities aren't there and their intent is to extract as much as possible during bulk sampling and walk away...

It's going to be a quiet day on the SP front

1. The original plans are fully funded until 2020. Read the announcement and understand what the new money is for.
    2. Reports are not always released on time, there can be delays especially in the scientific world where things are more complex than understanding how to tie your shoelaces.
    3. Read 1 and 2

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius View Post
    This is a valid counter-argument, but I have issues, primarily, management don't seem to be reliable with what they say.

I'm not entirely pleased either. However the funding they are seeking is for new works, and they did mention they were exploring their options to widen the scope previously. The positive way to look at it is they reckon it is worth speeding things up

Quote Originally Posted by meltical View Post
    1. The original plans are fully funded until 2020. Read the announcement and understand what the new money is for.
    2. Reports are not always released on time, there can be delays especially in the scientific world where things are more complex than understanding how to tie your shoelaces.
    3. Read 1 and 2
    You're right in what you said, although it doesn't diminish the fact that management of a publicly trading company with decades of supposed combined experience under their belts cannot account for these variations or calculating the time required in setting their deadlines for what would seem to be standard in the industry - that they are constantly behind on them, surely they'd have some foresight after the first, second or even third setback. This isn't the first time this has happened.

Original plans are funded till 2020, and as Jonu has mentioned they suggested they would explore other options in their reports - although that being said, again - surely a company tackling a project of this scale would have some foresight of what is required, or what may be required - if the old timers can account for such variations and changes to plan with cumbersome communication and equipment, surely a company in 2017 should be able to do the same? Again, the way management handles affairs with shareholders reflects negatively on them - no matter the intent behind their actions.
    Last edited by Ace; 29-08-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesius View Post

Agree I'm not impressed. NTL need to release more info' before I would be participating in the current cap raise (even tho' my av holding cost less than 2)