sharetrader
Page 291 of 934 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391791 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 9331
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    sorry fatboy thats a no to that.After the shares are re-quoted on tuesday,I have a funny feeling you will be getting the chq book out for the full $15K
    Not disagreeing with you there.

Out to a byo dinner soon and have swapped the Hardys Merlot for a Barossa pepperjack.
    Going to enjoy reading this thread and hotcopper over the next few days.
    Have a good evening ya'll

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    No scaling as I understand it - happy to be corrected.
    No posting till u read the documents would save all time!
    Pat
    Prediction is hard even with the crystal ball.

Banned

OK I woke up at 7 and one of the news stories on Coast FM was the beatniks are protesting to save a native frog on the Karangahake Mountain. This was one story of 5 and I thought, wth, this is getting coverage.

So I've found a news article here http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO170...-for-rally.htm

And the protestors website here https://protectkarangahake.org.nz/. The website looks well designed and polished. This is their goal from the website.
    To the Government of New Zealand, the local authorities and the CEO of New Talisman Gold Mines, Matthew Hill: As citizens of New Zealand, we stand with the local community in their struggle to protect the Karangahake Gorge. We call on you to cancel your mining plans that threaten this unique ecosystem, the local water supply and tourism, and we ask you to include the Coromandel Ecological District in the Schedule 4 list of protected areas. This national treasure belongs to every New Zealander and you must protect it.

Now if this all goes mainstream the greens and greenpeace are going to jump all over this, and our eco loving Jacinda will be on the side against the evil miners ripping up a sacred mountain.

Just a bit of tarnish on the news from yesterday. Any chance these guys could close NTL down?

IMO

At the moment NTL have a very small environmental footprint. If it stays like that with ore being treated /processed at Oceania or shipped oversea, fine. My guess is the protestors are concerned that that could change if NTL do actually find a lot more gold. They may want to expand ops and build their own plant etc. If they put a concentrator in the mine will it use water; where will the waste water go. Are the lower levels (which are below sea level) full of water, if so where would that be pumped to etc? Being on Conservation land does create more risk.

JT - I assumed you'd be up there protesting today
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The protest rally has been rained out, they have changed the venue to the phone box out side the Waikino hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Horseshoe View Post
    The protest rally has been rained out, they have changed the venue to the phone box out side the Waikino hall.
    Shame, all that marketing showing the people of NZ and Ausie that their is a huge amount of gold in those hills, would have created a massive demand to get in on the gold rush.

Banned

+ve spin, good one good one.

As well as the trading halt, a greater power has spoken - the gorge is closed until further notice due to a slip covering the entire road

So my take on this offer is 2.2c per share at a minimum of $1000 = 45454 shares, 5.5c per share on the options. 1 for every 5 shares. With that in mind they must expecting something big coming out of that mountain. Maybe a way to tell us that all is good and going to get better. This maybe a rather simplistic view of affairs but to me a clear one.