sharetrader
Page 292 of 934 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392792 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 9331

Quote Originally Posted by stones View Post
    So my take on this offer is 2.2c per share at a minimum of $1000 = 45454 shares, 5.5c per share on the options. 1 for every 5 shares. With that in mind they must expecting something big coming out of that mountain. Maybe a way to tell us that all is good and going to get better. This maybe a rather simplistic view of affairs but to me a clear one.
    Agree with you ..... with upgrading of all resources to JORC 2012 by 2018 ..... and bulk sampling starting at the end of the year ...... there'll be a continual flow of good news over the next few months and I'd expect the SP to react accordingly

Banned

There's a good few mountains, hills, valleys etc in that region. What made someone go to that particular mountain and dig into it? Why is the Karangahake Mountain blessed with this beautiful stuff?

But more disturbingly when will the maoris claim tika te kereme over this sacred mountain. Why wouldn't they after reading the report on Tuesday?

Disc: I'm 1/128,000,000 maori.

I've read a Hauraki District Council document before that claimed local Iwi don't consider the mountain to be of cultural or historical significance (I'll try find the link...) It's hard to claim minerals are of cultural significance to Maori as they weren't a metal using or mining civilisation prior to European settlement... well, IMO anyway.

Banned

That's a bloody good point go to te papa and there wont be anything made of gold on display unless from another culture.

But there's always something to lay claim to eh? I wouldn't be surprised if a long dead relative was buried on the mountain and we have urupā in the headlines. Mr Hill best get his maori negotiating skills in order.

I couldn't find the HDC Iwi thing but it was something to do with the TMP. Meeting minutes or an application report or something.
    I have unfortunately found a news article from 3/4 years ago saying local Iwi (= Maori community for any international readers) are strongly opposed to mining Karangahake (despite the lack of any cultural history on the mountain) so we may still see opposition from them in the future when things really get going. Watch this space?

Also interesting was that even when Labour was in power, they approved mining on conservation land 200 times!!! in 9 years. Some of the areas huge and some even in National Parks. Both governments have approved conservation land mining on a case by case, economic reward/environmental risk basis. We look pretty good in terms of that.

Only 0.4 hectares, mountain already tunneled , water pollution court case already thrown out and sh*t loads of gold!!

I think it would be a trickier situation if Labour/Green did extend Schedule 4 to the Southern base of the peninsula and we wanted make to move to actual mining in the future. The current government spin is that we're only "exploring" on land of low ecological importance. Which is true. I think I'm right that the current permits only go as far as bulk sampling.

Any other election thoughts?

Can't wait for Tuesday (Or earlier!!)

Disc: Holding lots. For AGES. Likely intention to take up most or all of SPP offer.

Fatboyj, if you're basing an argument on cultural bias you should consider choosing your words much more carefully on a public board rather than using inflammatory and frankly blatantly racist remarks.

As you were.

Banned

OK if I offended I apologise. But, its something that's possible. When the times right we can come back to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    OK if I offended I apologise. But, its something that's possible. When the times right we can come back to this.

Heres a sketch about being offended you might enjoy . It starts about 3' 42'' in

https://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rc...NzOi4PLoNI1xgQ
    Last edited by Brain; 03-09-2017 at 05:16 PM. Reason: repeated line

NK tests a nuke with the possibility of a thermonuclear hydrogen bomb. Gold will go through the roof this week. Shame is new found wealth may be short lived.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    That the new shares were not offered on a pro rata basis can at the first instance be seen as unfair,but it is cunning at the same time.One of the anti miners complaints is that NTL is held by just a few big holder so benifits few. This SPP is a big bonus to small holders and it is correspondlly a big bonus to NTL to have more shareholders that has skin on the table and a care for the outcome.
    Cunning? How so?

Sounds like something a major shareholder would say. Are you a major holder digger? If so you must have decked out your cave to be diamond encruted😃

i don't believe under nzx or maybe asx rules an spp can be offered pro rata and from
    my understanding this wil be the first ever spp in nz EVER with an attaching option. Doesn't surprise me this Board has some serious investment banking clout and always has. If I'm correct this will be the second time little New Talisman has done a first in NZ. It was first same class equity offer ever from what I recall reading some time ago.

I think they even got an underwriting a few years back by cannacord at .7 just before stock went to 3.5 and options to 2.1 cents!!! 2013 just after PFS. Can't recall a time that ANY junior got the likes of cannacord.

Looks like the sad and sorry protestors were left soggy. I thought god hated nimbys now I'm certain 😂 I like how they showed the 2014 protest pictures instead. The spin tomorrow should be funny from hippies