sharetrader
Page 299 of 934 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 9331

Been a while since I've been on here but my holding in NTL is suddenly interesting.

Has anyone seriously run the numbers on potential increase in stock issues and the net effect on SP and company capitalisation?

My back of a fag packet estimate reckons with ~1900 minor stockholders, issue could be anything up to 1.3Bn new shares (likely much lower of course), representing about 38% increase in total stock.
    @ 2.2cps that's up to $28.5m added to the balance sheet (hopefully my numbers are right here).
    It would also see the major/minor proportion of stock held change considerably, probably dropping the top 20 down to about a combined 30% holding.

Anyone have a view on what the JORC guidance might mean to the SP if we were to see a 38% uplift in total stock?

Wow - 2.3 lower that it halted at on Friday

Sweepstakers were all wrong (myself included)

Sorry 2.2
    Last edited by Clints; 05-09-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Getting close to buy time!

Which is a shame...I was hoping to keep my hands in my pockets today

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post
    Wow - 2.3 lower that it halted at on Friday

Sweepstakers were all wrong (myself included)

Sorry 2.2
    I have to admit, I expected more from the SP. IMO the announcement had some solid but not spectacular news, PLUS the promise of something greater in the future. Seems the market had it fully priced in, which may make NTL sweat a little - 2.2c offer doesn't look like much of a discount anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Landyman View Post
    I have to admit, I expected more from the SP. IMO the announcement had some solid but not spectacular news, PLUS the promise of something greater in the future. Seems the market had it fully priced in, which may make NTL sweat a little - 2.2c offer doesn't look like much of a discount anymore.
    I don't think it is that surprising. Existing shareholders (as at the SPP record date) who want more, know they can get more at 2.2c. So it is only new shareholders who have any incentive to buy on market at the moment. Lots of hype here, but still a fringe company who many would consider too speculative for their portfolio, so understandable the demand is moderate while existing shareholders have a way of topping up off-market.
    Last edited by cyclist; 05-09-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Advanced Member

The bigger pictures looks brighter than just focusing on NTL.
    Very interesting piece on oil .com. The Chinese have decided two things that we investors in gold should consider. Firstly they have decided to trade oil in their currency backed by gold and are intending to leave the US dollar out of it . Secondly they have banded the trading of Bitcoins in China,effectively making gold the only international currency.
    digger

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Secondly they have banded the trading of Bitcoins in China,effectively making gold the only international currency.
    Is it a full ban on trading or on new crypto ICOs?
    Either way, it feels like a popping is in the offing.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclist View Post
    I don't think it is that surprising. Existing shareholders (as at the SPP record date) who want more, know they can get more at 2.2c. So it is only new shareholders who have any incentive to buy on market at the moment. Lots of hype here, but still a fringe company who many would consider too speculative for their portfolio, so understandable the demand is moderate while existing shareholders have a way of topping up off-market.
    Spot on Cyclist. This happens with all cap raising,the SP is dropped down to the issue price.Last issue price was half a cent. Time and progress with mine development has brought it up to nearly 3 cents but now that existing holders can top up at 2.2 cents it is as you say only new holders to raise the price further.
    Going forward we have this cap raising to the 22nd of this month. Then the following day we have the election and the prospect of a labor green govt that could be anti mining. Hopefully labor if they win will see the benefit of some income and not be held to ransom by the greens. On the positive side if NTL get the money they are after and install the ore concentrater it will have a big effect on the working of the whole mine as I see it. Less outward loading from the mine will be good on several fronts.
    digger

Well I don't know about everyone else but I just feel completely bored by today's trading. I admit I know very little and bought a couple of 100k shares on a whim but don't feel like I'll be making my fortune here for quite a while yet!!

Yeah I agree all a bit boring but then again the sales are probably share holders freeing up capital to invest in the SPP. This is a win win tactic . Free up 15 k and if the share goes beneath the SPP price then buy on market . If the share trades above SPP then subscribe to the SPP.
    I think shareholders need to take a longer view of this company. I am sure the old guys didn't get all the gold out in the 1920s. Hopefully NTL will raise a good bit of dosh to accelerate production and prospecting but if they don't the original fully funded plan should work quite well. This has already been a good investment for me at an average buy in of 0.55 . I am a very happy cat.