sharetrader
Page 309 of 933 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 9326

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    In other news today, gold just went through $1350 USD an ounce. Keep doing the maths folks.
    lets look at the maths jonu - just simply, as an overview

lets be generous and say there is 500,000 oz of gold. (equivalent incl silver)
    lets assume $1800 NZD per oz. = $900,000,000 revenue but we need to take outs costs of extraction and investment etc

From the company - Unit cash costs were estimated at NZ$692/oz.with an all in cost, including capital expenditure of NZ$1166/oz

I'm not sure which of those a new investor should use so I'll be generous and use the lower figure 692

So that means the mine could generate profit of (1800 -692 ) X 554,000,000

There are 2076995855 shares currently (this could increase )

By my calculations that is 24cents per share

How is that so far?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

People who sold at 1.7 and 1.8 and 1.9 must be kicking themselves now.
    Not much left being sold at 2.0

Looks like its on its way back up again

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post

lets assume $1800 NZD per oz. = $900,000,000 revenue but we need to take outs costs of extraction and investment etc

From the company - Unit cash costs were estimated at NZ$692/oz.with an all in cost, including capital expenditure of NZ$1166/oz

I'm not sure which of those a new investor should use so I'll be generous and use the lower figure 692

How is that so far?
    Using your figures Peat I actually come up with 26.6 cents per share profit.

That doesn't of course make the shares worth 26 cents because once the gold is gone its gone. Not to say that NTL wouldn't diversify into other areas.

Big game changers are....more JORC to come from the sundry other veins. Confirmation through bulk sampling. Massive exploration target of 300-600k oz below Talisman/Bonanza. And the Rahu JV with Newmont.

The dilution from the SPP could be large if the shortfall is taken up. The more I have thought about it I reckon they have a big player waiting in the wings to do just that. It would of course make the extraction quicker and more efficient. Exciting times

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

How is that so far?
    This is odd. Use best case scenario and arrive at an imaginary figure for what purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    This is odd. Use best case scenario and arrive at an imaginary figure for what purpose...
    because if the best case scenario doesnt make the reward worthwhile, then who would risk it given the huge number of risks in any mining challenge yet alone in the Coromandel in NZ where the green movement is very strong.
    Last edited by peat; 08-09-2017 at 06:06 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Lets see what is said at the AGM and I expect a couple of things to come out.
    One an admission that they balsed up the SPP but will put that down to in-experience, not sure who the CFO is but he will get a boot up the bum if not sacked.
    The other is an overwhelming positiveness about the mine and gold extraction, and specific details on this.
    Once those and the election uncertainty is over, confidence and a better SP will follow.

Thanks for the best case scenario's guys its food for thought.

What I would like to know is,why have NTL have not come up with a forecast profit/loss from the first year of mining.

IMO

because if the best case scenario doesnt make the reward worthwhile, then who would risk it given the huge number of risks in any mining challenge yet alone in the Coromandel in NZ where the green movement is very strong.
    It is a powerful lobby, they've shut down mining companies before. NTL have one of the smallest environmental footprints of any miner, but woe betide them if that changes in any way(water use and extraction for ex). IF the lower levels below the river are full of water and flood all the time, well what then?

What I've been waiting for ......

https://nzx.com/files/attachments/265584.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by gmatt View Post
    What I've been waiting for ......

https://nzx.com/files/attachments/265584.pdf
    Yep he says, just dug out my SPP from the bin before it got thrown out, its a bit crumpled but it will do.
    Might actually look at getting these new shares after all, will dust it off and see what happens to price this and next week.

They are very excited in this report about everything that is going on.
    Looks like they want to get stuck in doesn't it, great news all round.