sharetrader
Page 317 of 934 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327367417817 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 9331

Seems to be holding cosy around 1.9c...It certainly makes the spp palatable now.

I bought my spp on the asx last week for a nice price...but I'm thinking I'd like another one!

It's an interesting dilemma...
    I figure if the spp is unsuccessful then the sp will head south...or at least stall....A successful spp will likely have a positive effect on the sp....

But why should I get involved in the spp when the sp is 1.9/2.0...and I can let everyone else buy the spp at 2.2c and I buy on market at a 10% discount...

But if the spp is unsuccessful then everyone may be unsuccessful and wished they bought the spp.

Far too much game theory for a Friday afternoon....And more than my brain can compute.

So I'm going to give ntl 15k and see what happens!!!

From the interest. Co. NZ policy comparison, looking at the conservation bit of the party policy areas, the greens only say stop all New mining in conservation areas. That obviously sounds like to reverse granted permits is hard.
    I talked to a RMA lawyer I know and he Said that although they can in theory legislate to stop mining full stop, it would be very hard, contested and slow to enact. But stopping any new mining is relatively easy in comparison. Achievable vs desirable.
    Weigh that up and decide whether to buy

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    My figures are
    2.2 -.4/5=2.12
    And that is at the top end,so if you take the bottom figure it is
    2.2-.2/5=2.16

Probable still a good deal if National get in but if it is Labor +green with the greens being the tail that wags the dog it will be a different story.

Here I am again saying this SPP should have been left until after the election.
    Your call
    Sorry i have left out the time value of money in my above calculations.If you do this the SPP gives shares probably under 2 cents.
    digger

When the opportunity of the SPP to buy shares at 2.2c goes.
    What is going to happen to the sell orders of people still at 2c and 2.1c and 2.2c ?

My guess is that when the SPP ends there will be a gradual increase in share price.

Quote Originally Posted by gmatt View Post
    Now both 2c ........ is something up?
    Did anyone figure out what happened with the ASX at the end of last week?
    Last edited by Clints; 18-09-2017 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    My guess is that when the SPP ends there will be a gradual increase in share price.
    Why?

My guess is that when the noise of the election goes away (though if Labour do get up, then it could be a while before dust settles), AND the noise of the stuff up in the SPP go away, there may be a gradual climb. However, in the short term, it could be a bumpy ride. Wont help if the "newbies" have been scared away as well, supply demand curves and all.
    As much as I want to support NTL this round, my faith in Boards decision making and communication has been rattled. Im going to sit on sidelines, and look to re-enter later.

With the SPP there is a potential of a large supply of shares which caps the share price. Few will be taken up. After the SPP NTL will return to their original plan and start bulk sampling in the new year so there will be renewed interest in the share. I do not see that the share price will drop after the SPP. The big danger is that when they do start bulk sampling they do not recover enough gold to meet investors expectations.

I agree that few shares will be taken up in the SPP ....... was badly timed ........ expect to see a rise in the SP later this week and next week

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by gmatt View Post
    I agree that few shares will be taken up in the SPP ....... was badly timed ........ expect to see a rise in the SP later this week and next week
    Have had a personal meeting with Matt Hill at Paeroa today. This meeting came about as H Brown NTL biggest holder and myself wanted some questions answered about the sudden [out of the blue] SPP. The questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I understand that Matt Hill will be answering these same questions at the AGM. I will not be at the AGM as I have had a recent knee operation and my general dislike of Auckland traffic.
    I will be taking up the SPP and supporting the company in all its resolutions.
    I encourage all holders to vote for the current company actions, and support the SPP. I can not guarantee it but I think you will not be disappointed. We need the gold concentrator. It just solves so many problems.
    digger