sharetrader
Page 324 of 934 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 9331

from the greens website it looks as though they have the same issue in front of them. nothing said about existing stuff.....too expensive to change; wait til the permit runs out

Commit to no new coal mines, fracking or deep-sea oil and gas drilling.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cammo View Post
    Commit to no new coal mines, fracking or deep-sea oil and gas drilling.

As long as gold is off their radar then our lentil splitting hairy armpit friends can protest what they like. Hell I'll grow a beard and plat my hair to join in their protests.

Subscribed the $10k I could spare. Things look solid! Good luck to all.

There have been occasional negative posts here about those that do not want mining. I was impressed by Matt Hills' media response, that peaceful protest was respected. Can I suggest that it is a good idea to allow others to hold their own views without belittling or denigration. Mining shareholders may have their unpleasant, unkind or uncaring comments on this forum brought up in future as for why NTL does not care about the community, the environment or anything but money. I, DOC & HDC obviously believe otherwise, but it may take time for others to understand this venture is only opening an existing mine & processing sensitively off site. I suggest shareholders be respectful in our comments about opponents - even if one does not agree. Better yet to say nothing :-)

tell me if these are bad guestimates: 2000 shareholders offered about 700,000 shares each. Total 1.5 billion. I believe NTL can only new issue 30% of 2 billion? 700 m? I guess uptake of 500 m. NTL immediately will sell balance - & maybe more, off market - to other parties.

uptak: looking for $15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippie View Post
    Matthew Hill mentioned a few times that they want to give opportunities to the current shareholders first. Alot of other companies would not have felt obligated to look after the small shareholders.

But if the company wants capital to advance things then they are sure to be open to other options.

There would be plenty of mining companies interested in Talisman, especially with the grades to date.

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    When the dust settles I say over 10 million,possibly the lot. By that I mean this SPP and the after placements which are probably in the pipeline before this SPP started.
    That would be a great outcome IMHO.
    I hope you're right, this money will obviously move things forward at a much better pace and more economically.
    I'll stick with 2 million from the current shareholders and hope they can place shortfall else where.
    Will be very happy to be proved wrong and see a better uptake next week.

The mood on this thread has changed considerably compared to a week ago. Mbro's comments above about being respectful of people who are anti mining as they are entitled to their views are very important . I for one hope this mine is very profitable and with that I expect that the ecology of the mountain can be improved and the Karanghahake community and surrounds will see a lot of benefit. Responsible mining must be at the forefront. This mine has to be a win win for everybody. I am sure the board and management genuinely see it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    The mood on this thread has changed considerably compared to a week ago. Mbro's comments above about being respectful of people who are anti mining as they are entitled to their views are very important . I for one hope this mine is very profitable and with that I expect that the ecology of the mountain can be improved and the Karanghahake community and surrounds will see a lot of benefit. Responsible mining must be at the forefront. This mine has to be a win win for everybody. I am sure the board and management genuinely see it this way.
    Yes that is all good, I have 2 tramps planned down their in October, one a gold prospecting one.
    And I am certainly in favour of keepingNZ green and beautiful.

But that doesn't mean I will take it easy on the loony toon activists protesting at the gates because they have too much time on their hands and no day job.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemanarc View Post
    Yes that is all good, I have 2 tramps planned down their in October, one a gold prospecting one.
    And I am certainly in favour of keepingNZ green and beautiful.

But that doesn't mean I will take it easy on the loony toon activists protesting at the gates because they have too much time on their hands and no day job.
    There is nothing to be gained by criticising these people. Do you think you can change their minds with that approach?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mbro View Post
    Concentrator waste: Stated as backfill or interestingly, they said it could possibly be sold as road gravel!
    Seems crazy to me . The idea of the concentrator was that the 20000 tonnes a year would be more gold and less waist. are we to get an exemption for this road gravel so it is not counted . Until that is sorted it is best backed filled in some tunnel not having any gold.
    digger