sharetrader
Page 330 of 936 FirstFirst ... 230280320326327328329330331332333334340380430830 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 9352

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemanarc View Post
    Yay price dipped back to 2.2c
    Got another $25,000
    You are sounding like the couta1 of the goldies ...

Disc: My wee $3500 initial investment was pushing the boat out for me ....

Hey Blue, you can buy a place for me in ChCh, and I can rent it from you - cant say I will be able to pay you 20% though :-)

Got another $25,000

I will be a major shareholder soon, just cant help myself.

This and my new venture to buy 10 houses for $600,000NZ next year with 20% return
    I mean no offence by this but; your posts here and on HC read a lot like someone attempting to drive the SP up by influencing the buying and selling behaviour of people on this forum. Indeed the volumes are so small that it's entirely possible that this stock is being pushed and pulled almost entirely be people like yourself (for example ANZ will let me day trade $60k of stock if I want to, that's more than enough to move the needle in a big way on this stock).

Fundamentals aside, if Labour/NZ FirstGreens drop a bomb and form a coalition and the SPP is unimpressive, this stock, short term is going to hurt. Even more so if it turns out the Rahu is a lemon. None of or some of these things could foreseeable happen and the company could have much more up it's sleeve but it's all an odds weighted gamble.

I've been in and out multiple times now, and had I held a little longer in places and had I sold (the morning of the SPP announcement comes to mind) a little sooner I would have a few more $$ in the bank. But I've done pretty well overall.

If in fact you do have the millions of shares you profess to have, bear in the mind that your recent accumulation pales in book value compared to those who got in at the 0.5-0.7 mark before this all got a bit out of control. Many of us, myself included, could watch our gains run away heartbroken, but it will take some hefty moves to end up in the red.

From one trader to another. Be careful out there.

Got another $25,000

This and my new venture to buy 10 houses for $600,000NZ next year with 20% return
    And this is why I support a capital gains tax.

Got another $25,000

I think there will be plenty more chances to pick up more at that price or less in the coming weeks.
    I'm not too worried about a Labour led government having any short to mid term impact on NTL, but it will have a negative sentiment affect. And I think the SPP is going to disappoint some, even though it may still be a good outcome consideing how poorly it was timed. I think there'll be a 1 in front of the share price soon and time to top up then.

My guess is that there will be a 3 in front of it by years end and there will be no chance of picking up any under 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    My guess is that there will be a 3 in front of it by years end and there will be no chance of picking up any under 2 cents.
    Brain, I'll be a very happy man if you're right.
    There could be a good announcement in Dec with further JORC upgrades so it's very possible. There's 2 or 3 months to go before then I don't expect this to be a one way ride.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ddrone View Post
    ).

Fundamentals aside, if Labour/NZ FirstGreens drop a bomb and form a coalition and the SPP is unimpressive,.
    Its not even a bomb anymore according to the markets (www.betfair.com) with National now at 1.45 and Labour at 3.20 to provide the next PM. On monday morning it was Nats at 1.08 and Labour at 12.00. So the market is changing its mind on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    I agree but I think you are underselling the 3, more likely closer 4.5 to 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    And this is why I support a capital gains tax.
    I agree, I think a capital gains tax would be great, especially since I never intend to sell my rentals but pass them on to my children, and because I already pay 50% tax on flipping houses (33% income tax, 15% GST)

And if you say capital gains tax each year on the unrealised gains, then we already pay that, its called rates and it pays for a huge amount of services that non home owners use.

As a property investor and trader I fully support a comprehensive tax to fully catch all the dodgy people who aren't paying it.