sharetrader
Page 331 of 933 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 9330

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    My guess is that there will be a 3 in front of it by years end and there will be no chance of picking up any under 2 cents.
    Surely you don't mean 31 / 32 cents???

I'm gobsmacked........ haha

This made me think of NTL when it arrived today: from someone in US gold that I follow. Saying world gold production has plateaued, & therefore:

"All of those cutbacks during the lean years are taking a heavy toll. Capital investment is at an unsustainable level. A whole lot more is needed, unless the major miners want to put themselves out of business.
    From this we can draw a few conclusions.
    First, major miners are going to start having to buy quality deposits at a much faster rate. We've seen some acquisitions already this year, but we will see more.
    Second, quality deposits with robust economics are going to enjoy a premium in the market.
    There is no way around it. Gold producers cannot possibly push through development of projects fast enough to replace dropping production and capitalize on rising prices.
    They will have to pay a premium for smaller projects that are close to production to small miners that have made it through the lean years.
    Meanwhile, with gold prices above $1,200, we’ll continue to see junior miners' shares appreciate in value as their projects progress. The major miners will only have to pay more the longer they wait."
    Credit to http://www.outsiderclub.com/editors/adam-english

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mbro View Post
    This made me think of NTL when it arrived today: from someone in US gold that I follow. Saying world gold production has plateaued, & therefore:

"All of those cutbacks during the lean years are taking a heavy toll. Capital investment is at an unsustainable level. A whole lot more is needed, unless the major miners want to put themselves out of business.
    From this we can draw a few conclusions.
    First, major miners are going to start having to buy quality deposits at a much faster rate. We've seen some acquisitions already this year, but we will see more.
    Second, quality deposits with robust economics are going to enjoy a premium in the market.
    There is no way around it. Gold producers cannot possibly push through development of projects fast enough to replace dropping production and capitalize on rising prices.
    They will have to pay a premium for smaller projects that are close to production to small miners that have made it through the lean years.
    Meanwhile, with gold prices above $1,200, we’ll continue to see junior miners' shares appreciate in value as their projects progress. The major miners will only have to pay more the longer they wait."
    Credit to http://www.outsiderclub.com/editors/adam-english
    Very interesting Mbro. And yes, a direct correlation to NTL.

One week on and all quite on the western front. Getting a bit impatient.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by swissboy View Post
    One week on and all quite on the western front. Getting a bit impatient.
    My pick is 5.15 today. that will give us the weekend to consider the situation.
    digger

It would be great to have some certainty. I recall you Digger in the days of NOG/NZO and PRC as being quite knowledgeable and usually right on the button. Although you couldn't foretell the disaster. No more of that.=, I hope

I for one though the SP would be north of this now. There's been a few good new items come out and the SPP finished. Must be the uncertainty of the Election, however either way it goes the Greens are effectively nullified. Its good to see Winnie not holding the country to ransom...(what's that I hear you say?)

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    My pick is 5.15 today. that will give us the weekend to consider the situation.
    I will go with 3:30 - 4:30pm

Guru

I'm wondering whether they have used the shortfall mechanism to bring Newcrest on board as part of the Rahu deal.

ASX now at 2.1