sharetrader
Page 105 of 936 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 9358
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Very funny how in little ol' laid back NZ the first movers just CANNOT stand competition or other operators. We have seen this through the greens on the West Coast opposing BRL, fishing industry opposing CRP, pretty much everyone opposing TTR and now tourism operators fighting NTL. Even a high profile crook (Kim Dotcom) got to oppose the government! I'm all for free speech and arguing your point, but it's got to the point where it's now laughable with some of this 'opposition'. Sure you should complain about a single access road and demand it be bettered if it's an only access point, but don't try to sabotage an entire startup company because of it and other issues which can be worked through. There is a sense of constant naysaying pervading NZ and a lot of us are sick of it. Where did the NZ go where we worked together with No8 wire to het things done with our neighbor for the betterment of both? I like to think of this country as a progressive country where things get done and everyone knows everyone else and wants to help them and has RESPONSIBILITY, not a country where everyone complains and sits on their arses and demands handouts because they think it's their right...
    I reckon BFG it’s about the existing process having become a platform for self reinforcing behaviours.

Twenty years ago the resource consent process was intended to better control environmental standards and to ensure all directly affected parties on the ground got a say, but it’s become totally high jacked.

Some with tall poppy envy use it as a tool to try and financially cripple fledgling companies just to get their jollies, let’s face it iwi interests just want something for nothing out of it, and very well funded foreign lobby groups like greenpeace just want to peddle their franchise because the system allows them to do so and the process here makes New Zealand a very soft touch.

Then there are some who actually believe the tourist sector 100% green image spin and actually try to reinforce it. And, of course there are those who like to think they are rebels with a cause, what a waste of energy that could be put into something constructive.

It is time for a change.

Banned

It's almost like complaining has become a type of militancy and is endemic in the population. As EZ said, there is more than enough room for both parties to reach an agreed settlement to the problems before them. One does not trump the other just because it got there first, sorry. Last I checked we live in a free market and open democracy. Act accordingly.

AWOL

Sounds like the situation is all nicely prejudged. Anyone think of getting some clarification on the alleged instability and what that involves first?
    Are you going to stick your hand up and take responsibility if some gaga tourist takes a tumble into the river from the "windows"?
    Probably not.
    And it is NTL not NTG or NHG
    And BFG not BEG
    Having got that sorted, you all have a nice day.
    Cheers
    Miner

Banned

At the end of the day Goodasgold, and as much as you may retain bitter and twisted NIMBY objections, gold mining was there long before you were as the primary activity in the area. When one moves into a heritage region one should make an effort to accept that what has gone before will continue.

I would agree with you though, it is nice to see rail trails and walkways making the outdoors more accessible to many, especially outside of the national parks where access is entirely at the discretion of DOC, whom notably do not disagree with gold mining in the area or even on their land.

It is also nice that their walkways notably go from mining point of interest to mining point of interest, when New Talisman are done, they may well add that one too.

It is folk like you that choose to fight with others instead of accepting that all genres may play in the same sand pit nicely together that define exactly the deterioration in cultural behaviours which BFG astutely outlines.

I think you need to find a way to get over it and move on, if bitching about it on an investor’s website works for you in that regard, then by all means knock yourself out. I genuinely hope it makes you feel better about life.

Legend

GoodasGold, your comments are appreciated. I have held shares in NTL, but sold them along with other holdings a few months ago. I also had reason to suspect that what they (NTL management) were telling shareholders was different in at least one operational aspect, to what they would tell potential suppliers. Back then, they were not going to really do anything about preparing for mining itself, until the shareholder money was in the bank. Getting some ore piles processed is surely aimed more at potential investors than research.

Your comments about Newmont are also in line with what I've been told: they have decimated their exploration team in NZ, nothing new is going on, just processing existing finds for the meantime. Antipodes Gold has been forced to take over exploration control of the WKP permit near Waihi, which is quite strange since they owe Newmont a few hundred thousand dollars for their share of completed exploration, and are in negative equity territory.

NTL need to be careful not to expend a lot of precious shareholder capital on mining unprofitably, which is exactly what GEL did in Otago (new name AXG). They'll just get one chance, and it sounds like there is not a lot of gold there in total, 7 jobs worth , you wonder how many shareholders will do well out of that longer term. If they clobber part of the tourism industry at the same time, the local council will need to look past whatever resource consent fees NTL might be paying (all councils rely on those fees for a good part of their income, to reduce the burden on vocal taxpayers).

Banned

Well I'm not a shareholder, so here's some helpful independent advice;

You may consider that there are 5 million New Zealander's who benefit from economic diversity and new business growth, multiple industries including gold mining provide financial stability to all, yes absolutley everybody, whether cognisantly aware or not, especially gold mining as it acts as an economic hedge.

There are admirable entrepreneurial people involved in business startup's, smart people with energy, drive and determination, whom unlike you wastrel NIMBY whingers, actually make a difference to the benefit of the whole country, its population and its economy.

As a NIMBY you belong to a spectactually selfish group of people who think the entire world revolves around your own petty personal issues.

I bet you even have a gold ring on your finger and gold components within that laptop you are banging away on, but I bet you also hypocritically just over look that because it's not gold mined by your neighbours.

Instead of sitting at your computer with a poison pen writing hate mail and attempting feebly to justify self centred behaviours, you may actually like to consider being neighbourly and knocking on the door of New Talisman will a box of donuts, you might even make some mates, or maybe even actually come to hold some mutual respect or even influence.

Banned

Thanks for your input GAG (lol sorry that's what your acronym comes up as!). Always good to have first hand local knowledge, whether positive or negative, to see how things are going on the ground.

I can commiserate with you re students...

I think it is foolish to ignore the negatives/risks of an operation, especially in the mining sector. Last time I checked this isn't Hot Copper. Knowledge is power, and the more you have the better you can make decisions.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BFG View Post
    Thanks for your input GAG (lol sorry that's what your acronym comes up as!). Always good to have first hand local knowledge, whether positive or negative, to see how things are going on the ground.
    Yeah I agree too, it is a facinating insight Goodasgold that you have provided.

You may appreciate from an outsider’s bird's eye perspective, that it does seem to be like one big family feud in the Karangahape gorge, shotguns across fence lines next ?

You should all really try to find a better way to get along with your neighbours, life’s too short to hold grudges particularly for years on end like that.

The good folk at New Talisman are just trying to earn a living and to feed their kids like the rest of yawl.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Yeah I agree too, it is a facinating insight Goodasgold that you have provided.

You may appreciate from an outsider’s bird's eye perspective, that it does seem to be like one big family feud in the Karangahape gorge, shotguns across fence lines next ?

You should all really try to find a better way to get along with your neighbours, life’s too short to hold grudges particularly for years on end like that.

The good folk at New Talisman are just trying to earn a living and to feed their kids like the rest of yawl.
    I can go along with some of that Mac. I haven't kept up with all the press releases and research into NTL, but I did knock myself out looking into GEL, and let's say that at the end of it all, I was taught a six-figure lesson in prudent investing, which doesn't imply I'm a super-clever investor. A few others lost a lot more than me, at least for the meantime.

The people at NTL would have very little to work with, if not for investor funds. They seem be more sparing with the funds spent each year, and at least the grades inside the mine (veins) are now generally high by international comparison with other mines. They'll need lots of local goodwill, some luck, and to apply a bit of good NZ engineering to get the ore out cheaply enough. That's the kind of story I'd like to see.
    Last edited by elZorro; 13-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.

AWOL

To put it simply, we have to get the gold out to pay for the oil to fly the tourists here to see the hole in the ground where the gold came from.