sharetrader
Page 106 of 936 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 9358
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    I'm not here to argue with anyone. I've simply pointed out my perspectives on a company I have had a great deal of personal dealings with, and have witnessed in action. When they were Heritage Gold they strung along investors for years, and "kept the faith" by overstating what they were finding. As New Talisman Gold, they are financially wobbly, have over-reached, and are a high-court injunction from bankruptcy.

Do with that information what you wish.

And if you're dumb enough to invest in a "smoke and mirrors" company like NTG, you deserve what you get (or don't get).
    Goodasgold who is NTG ? Frankly I have never heard of them.
    Also your last statement applies to every company ever formed--that is they are a high court injunction from bankruptcy. Meaningless garbage the way you put it. Are you talking about NTL or this other company NTG? I am confused.
    digger

Here is a link to a page from the Hauraki rail trail website. They clearly state that the closure of the windows walk and pumphouse tunnels is not related to NTL. It appears to be a DOC decision to make sure these areas are safe.

http://www.haurakirailtrail.co.nz/in...-to-public.22/

Regards

Brain

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post
    Here is a link to a page from the Hauraki rail trail website. They clearly state that the closure of the windows walk and pumphouse tunnels is not related to NTL. It appears to be a DOC decision to make sure these areas are safe.

Regards

Brain
    Good find, Brain. Thanks very much. Puts a different light on things.
    So when they declare them safe and reopen them this whole argument about hard done by tourism operators goes out the "window".
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 12-10-2014 at 05:31 PM.

A cynical person might see this as an attempt to crash the price to buy cheap shares before the rights record date this Tuesday...

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brain View Post

Regards

Brain
    About a month ago I organised a view through the proposed working part of the NTL mine. I had to put on special boots,overalls,a light with a back pack battery and a head gear. As well for the 300 metre walk I was always in the middle with miner of about 30 years experience both in front of me and behind.All in all it did not seem any more dangerious than the windows walk that I have done on three occasions,so I commented on that to these NTL miners. Well it turned out that DOC was running sh t scarred at that point that after PIKE the odd rock could possibly kill someone and my understanding is that had the windows never opened after the PIKE changes they certainly never would be allowed. It would not now supprise me if the windows are only opened in the future at set times and in a guided and protected manner just as I was when in went into the nTL mine. In fact today after PIKE anywhere in NZ these safety requirements must be met.... So if you are intending to get all worked up about loseing the windows might as well get worked up about every other crack in the ground while your at it.
    Old mines and new mines now have two significant dates---before and after PIKE
    digger

Guru

In reply to GoodasGold.

Would you rather they turned a blind eye to something dangerous? Clearly the walks weren't closed because of NTL, but because of NTL engineers doing the public a service in spotting a problem. Would you prefer a Cave Creek situation? Perhaps then you would be blaming NTL for not speaking up.
    Last edited by jonu; 12-10-2014 at 10:11 PM. Reason: digger posted inbetween

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    A cynical person might see this as an attempt to crash the price to buy cheap shares before the rights record date this Tuesday...
    Think you have stumbled on the truth behind this bombardment madam has unleashed upon us.

An attempt by stealth to influence the punters to NOT take up the rights issue thereby denying NTL the funds to continue.

We shall see if this eclectic smorgasbord continues after the rights issue closes oversubscribed.

GOOD AS GOLD (GAG)........many thanks for your well worded, well constructed and thoughtful contribution. I am a longterm shareholder.......unfortunately. Like you I am obviously not "anti-mining" per say........but there's a place and time. Karangahake Gorge is definitely NOT the place for goldmining in this day and age. It may sound a little "odd" (as a shareholder) but Im hoping in this instance that this venture fails before it even properly gets off the ground. Im more concerned about the environmental impact than a return on my investment.......maybe I should just dump my shares but I have such a longterm association with Heritage (yea right).....well, a bit like your wedding ring I guess. Goldmining is such a backward archaic industry anyway (as you say, taking it out of the ground only to put most of it back in the ground)......but what really concerns me is the fragility and natural beauty of the gorge and its surrounds. We need this sort of industry in this location like we need a hole in the head. Remember also that now most of any financial gains (65%?>>cant remember the figure) will be heading straight off overseas to the Chinese stakeholders. What shameful business structure.....I mean how bizarre is that. I seriously doubt that any profits (if any) will ever get through to us (poor old) long suffering shareholders. I for one wont be holding my breath!

Anyway I hope New Talisman doesnt go down the gurgler (the POG is now well against them) but at the same time I hope they pull out of Karangahake sooner rather than later and concentrate on mining in less fragile and more suitable areas (like the middle of Oz or China for example). A time and place.
    Have a Gr8day.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    GOOD AS GOLD (GAG)........many thanks for your well worded, well constructed and thoughtful contribution. I am a longterm shareholder.......unfortunately. Like you I am obviously not "anti-mining" per say........but there's a place and time. Karangahake Gorge is definitely NOT the place for goldmining in this day and age. It may sound a little "odd" (as a shareholder) but Im hoping in this instance that this venture fails before it even properly gets off the ground. Im more concerned about the environmental impact than a return on my investment.......maybe I should just dump my shares but I have such a longterm association with Heritage (yea right).....well, a bit like your wedding ring I guess. Goldmining is such a backward archaic industry anyway (as you say, taking it out of the ground only to put most of it back in the ground)......but what really concerns me is the fragility and natural beauty of the gorge and its surrounds. We need this sort of industry in this location like we need a hole in the head. Remember also that now most of any financial gains (65%?>>cant remember the figure) will be heading straight off overseas to the Chinese stakeholders. What shameful business structure.....I mean how bizarre is that. I seriously doubt that any profits (if any) will ever get through to us (poor old) long suffering shareholders. I for one wont be holding my breath!

Anyway I hope New Talisman doesnt go down the gurgler (the POG is now well against them) but at the same time I hope they pull out of Karangahake sooner rather than later and concentrate on mining in less fragile and more suitable areas (like the middle of Oz or China for example). A time and place.
    What Chinese stakeholder? Do you mean the funding venture NTL pulled out of months ago?

....Hi Jonu. I may have that wrong and Im happy to be corrected but I understood a Chinese consortium now holds a large stake in NTL?? Maybe someone else can confirm that. ??
    Have a Gr8day.