sharetrader
Page 107 of 937 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 9365
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    GOOD AS GOLD (GAG)........many thanks for your well worded, well constructed and thoughtful contribution. I am a longterm shareholder.......unfortunately. Like you I am obviously not "anti-mining" per say........but there's a place and time. Karangahake Gorge is definitely NOT the place for goldmining in this day and age. It may sound a little "odd" (as a shareholder) but Im hoping in this instance that this venture fails before it even properly gets off the ground. Im more concerned about the environmental impact than a return on my investment.......maybe I should just dump my shares but I have such a longterm association with Heritage (yea right).....well, a bit like your wedding ring I guess. Goldmining is such a backward archaic industry anyway (as you say, taking it out of the ground only to put most of it back in the ground)......but what really concerns me is the fragility and natural beauty of the gorge and its surrounds. We need this sort of industry in this location like we need a hole in the head. Remember also that now most of any financial gains (65%?>>cant remember the figure) will be heading straight off overseas to the Chinese stakeholders. What shameful business structure.....I mean how bizarre is that. I seriously doubt that any profits (if any) will ever get through to us (poor old) long suffering shareholders. I for one wont be holding my breath!

Anyway I hope New Talisman doesnt go down the gurgler (the POG is now well against them) but at the same time I hope they pull out of Karangahake sooner rather than later and concentrate on mining in less fragile and more suitable areas (like the middle of Oz or China for example). A time and place.
    Some of you anti NTL posters are simply just making up garbage and claiming it as fact.
    Who are these Chinese that own 65% of NTL??? The books show a holder at 13% from memory and the name sure does not sound Chinese.
    As for the fragility and natural beauty of the area I agree totally. I have walked and biked the trails many times and will comtinue to do so for as long as possible.I can not believe you or GSG love nature any more than I do. However I have gone to see NTL and what they intend to do. None of this activity will impact on this beauty any more than any other activity in the area. In fact true natural beauty only exist with total human absents ,so if we are reasonable humans we have to see not only how the other fellow destroys this beauty but how our own actions destroy it.
    A prime example is that before I entered the mine I had to cross the road outside the New Tailsman café. It took a few mintues to get across safely as 4 large trucks went by. None of these trucks were NTL,s. So I am to take it that NTL trucks are beauty destroying but no others are. Sorry GAG I just can not go down the one eyed track you are suggesting to remove NTL from this area. NTL must be compared with all other activity--no more no less. I see nothing that will destroy this natural beauty coming from NTL any more than every other human activity.
    digger

[QUOTE=digger;511170] "Some of you anti NTL posters are simply just making up garbage and claiming it as fact."

....YOUR'E TALKING TO A SHAREHOLDER DIGGER. Im NOT anti-NTL at all......Im (now) anti-mining-Karangahake Gorge.....and I have every right to do so. (as do all NZers)
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ....Hi Jonu. I may have that wrong and Im happy to be corrected but I understood a Chinese consortium now holds a large stake in NTL?? Maybe someone else can confirm that. ??

No majority Chinese holder as attached
    http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.n...vestor-update/

Convertible notes were issued instead
    http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.n...ffer-accepted/

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=GR8DAY;511174]
    Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    "Some of you anti NTL posters are simply just making up garbage and claiming it as fact."

....YOUR'E TALKING TO A SHAREHOLDER DIGGER. Im NOT anti-NTL at all......Im (now) anti-mining-Karangahake Gorge.....and I have every right to do so. (as do all NZers)

You have indeed very right to your views,I was just questioning the accuracy of some of the statements made. Where did you get the 65% ownership of NTL by Chinese from. I need this education and if any where near true I will join the GAG crowd ,as the Chinese record with pollution needs cleaning up. Pun intended
    digger

Banned

Most people find NIMBY’s like you GAG intolerable, you should really take a few minutes to look in the mirror and reflect on why that is so, ask yourself if your behaviours are what you would want your kids to emulate, you should really be welcoming new people and business into a community not throwing rocks at them shouldn't you, here’s what wiki has to say about you;

“Nimby is a pejorative characterization of opposition by residents to a proposal for a new development because it is close to them, often with the connotation that such residents believe that the developments are needed in society but should be further away”

NTL have a resource consent to do what they will do, they have satisfied the legal, safety and environmental requirements required in obtaining one. NZ has the most rigorous process for this in the world and NTL have satisfied that process.

It is not NTL’s intention to in anyway alter the gorge, its scenery or its walkways outside of their immediate mine entrances and stockpile area which will be done with the acceptance and approval of the landowner and caretaker.

The gorge is not in a national park and you NIMBY’s are not the landowner of the mine site.

If that is what you really would like, a national park, then that is what you should be lobbying for, I would have no objection to that, but it is in no way appropriate or morally acceptable in society to harass small companies who are just a group of honest people that just want to go about their business and earn a law abiding living like everyone else.

I think it should be entirely appropriate for companies like NTL to take out civil law suits against people like you for defamation, inciting others if unlawful, and if it comes to it cost recovery for any operational impedance.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Most people find NIMBY’s like you GAG intolerable, you should really take a few minutes to look in the mirror and reflect on why that is so, ask yourself if your behaviours are what you would want your kids to emulate, you should really be welcoming new people and business into a community not throwing rocks at them shouldn't you, here’s what wiki has to say about you;

“Nimby is a pejorative characterization of opposition by residents to a proposal for a new development because it is close to them, often with the connotation that such residents believe that the developments are needed in society but should be further away”

NTL have a resource consent to do what they will do, they have satisfied the legal, safety and environmental requirements required in obtaining one. NZ has the most rigorous process for this in the world and NTL have satisfied that process.

It is not NTL’s intention to in anyway alter the gorge, its scenery or its walkways outside of their immediate mine entrances and stockpile area which will be done with the acceptance and approval of the landowner and caretaker.

The gorge is not in a national park and you NIMBY’s are not the landowner of the mine site.

If that is what you really would like, a national park, then that is what you should be lobbying for, I would have no objection to that, but it is in no way appropriate or morally acceptable in society to harass small companies who are just a group of honest people that just want to go about their business and earn a law abiding living like everyone else.

I think it should be entirely appropriate for companies like NTL to take out civil law suits against people like you for defamation, inciting others if unlawful, and if it comes to it cost recovery for any operational impedance.
    This last bit about defamation and inciting others in unlawful acitivies is why i suspect GoodasGold [GAG] does not use the company code NTL but calls it something else. Can always then claim he or she was really talking about some other company.
    digger

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    Minerbarejet, I have raised very valid and legitimate points, based on a rather unique and indepth perspective that all of you shareholders lack, and conversations at an executive level that you are not privy to. If any of the users of this page wish to use my information to their advantage, then surely that is a good thing? I would have done those users a service, and am quite comfortable with that. I have enjoyed communicating with you all, and appreciate your perspectives on what can be a very polarizing issue. I was asking myself the attraction to investing in gold, and I do understand it. There's the thrill of the chase and the lottery of what the ore might contain, the sentimental attraction we have to the stuff, and there's something very manly about the whole process of getting it out of the ground. And for older people, there's a sense of security that comes with gold, much like bricks and mortar. However, that does not mean it is a good and sound business investment. We live in a rapidly changing world. I am relatively young, and am constantly having to adapt and rethink my business approach to things that were a given just a few years ago, given the astonishingly swift changes the digital age is bringing. The microchip made gold's "store of value" purpose obsolete, as evidenced by the flat-lined gold market. If you want to throw your money at a failing industry, with a company trying to work in a virtually untenable location, then that is your choice, and I wish you the very best of luck. We shall both watch the rights issue with interest. And if any of you wish to open a nice, clean wholesome operation like a brothel in the Gorge, get in touch with me. I would gladly open some doors for you.
    Excellent work. Divide and conquer. Make them feel guilty then play the sex card.
    But if you think a brothel can ever be a nice clean wholesome operation then by comparison NTL must be squeaky clean.
    Do have a lovely day, madam. You are hilarious
    Cheers
    Miner

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Excellent work. Divide and conquer. Make them feel guilty then play the sex card.
    But if you think a brothel can ever be a nice clean wholesome operation then by comparison NTL must be squeaky clean.
    Do have a lovely day, madam. You are hilarious
    Cheers
    Miner
    More like stir up a hornets nest with a bunch of disinformation and then shift the argument each time she is exposed. I won't be bothering to reply to GAG any further. Right from her first posting it felt like a desperate attempt to derail the rights take up. All a bit sad really. I think Digger had a good point about the continuous NTGing. Disingenous from the get-go.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by GoodasGold View Post
    Minerbarejet, I have raised very valid and legitimate points, based on a rather unique and indepth perspective that all of you shareholders lack, and conversations at an executive level that you are not privy to. If any of the users of this page wish to use my information to their advantage, then surely that is a good thing? I would have done those users a service, and am quite comfortable with that. I have enjoyed communicating with you all, and appreciate your perspectives on what can be a very polarizing issue. I was asking myself the attraction to investing in gold, and I do understand it. There's the thrill of the chase and the lottery of what the ore might contain, the sentimental attraction we have to the stuff, and there's something very manly about the whole process of getting it out of the ground. And for older people, there's a sense of security that comes with gold, much like bricks and mortar. However, that does not mean it is a good and sound business investment. We live in a rapidly changing world. I am relatively young, and am constantly having to adapt and rethink my business approach to things that were a given just a few years ago, given the astonishingly swift changes the digital age is bringing. The microchip made gold's "store of value" purpose obsolete, as evidenced by the flat-lined gold market. If you want to throw your money at a failing industry, with a company trying to work in a virtually untenable location, then that is your choice, and I wish you the very best of luck. We shall both watch the rights issue with interest. And if any of you wish to open a nice, clean wholesome operation like a brothel in the Gorge, get in touch with me. I would gladly open some doors for you.
    If you are in fact privy to executive level information as you claim and are enticing others to use this information to their advantage then might I be permitted to suggest an investigation into insider trading could be forthcoming.
    We are not under parliamentary priviledge here, are we?
    Once again
    Have a nice day, etc , etc
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 13-10-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Legend

I think many of these comments in reply are seriously OTT. In my own case, I found it very hard to be convinced that shares that I'd invested in for years, and done serious due diligence over, were in a company that was carefully pulling the wool over my eyes (GEL), along with everyone else. Nothing they could be pinged on, but the reality compared to what shareholders were being told at the time, might have been a few months out. Some stuff, we were never told. I'm sure GoodasGold will be a fair bit better informed than most of us, about the chances for success at the Talisman mine. However looking back, I see there is a suggestion by NTL that up to 2Moz of gold could be left in the area of the mine. Maybe GoodasGold knows that to be very hopeful.

That $150,000 spent on uni students to no avail by NTL could have been used to repair walking tracks and keep them open, and that sort of PR would be invaluable. Everyone knows that DOC is being stripped of funds and employees by the current govt, that won't change for a while. They need all the help they can get.