sharetrader
Page 125 of 936 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225625 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 9358

Default The nimby who cried wolf

23 March 2015
    NTL welcomes independent review of Water Management Plan
    of historic Gold Mine

New Talisman Gold Mines Limited (“NTL”) welcomes a review of its draft Water Management Plan by an independent expert in response to water contamination concerns raised.
    The review, conducted by Dr James Pope, who has 20 years’ experience in the minerals sector and 12 years research experience into mine drainage chemistry, concluded that “any potential adverse effect on groundwater quality from [NTL’s] exploratory activities will be small scale and negligible in nature and overall likely immeasurable from existing background levels.”
    NTL CEO Matthew Hill says that Dr Pope’s independent review and subsequent report for the Waikato Regional Council should help to allay concerns by local groups about the environmental impact of NTL’s bulk sampling operations at the historic Talisman Gold Mine, which are due to commence in June.

“We completely understand why the protection of the waterways in the Gorge is a real concern both to iwi and local groups. That’s why we’re not undertaking any treatment of the ore onsite; we’re simply extracting rock in low quantities and sending it offsite for processing,” says Mr Hill.

“Plus, there will be no direct discharge of impacted water into any waterways, instead it will be retained within a closed water system that merely recirculates water within the mine to holding tanks, where it is monitored, treated and reused.”

The Talisman Gold Mine has been mined on and off over the last 100 years. Kiwi company, NTL, previously Heritage Gold, has held a land use consent for mining activities from Hauraki District Council for 20 years (and undertook two similar activities on the same site, with no adverse consequences) and plans to undertake underground exploration and bulk sampling within the existing underground mine shafts. NTL’s current project plan for underground operations have been consented for one blast per day and plan to remove 600 tonnes a month for two years, which is the equivalent of just four 10 tonne trucks a day.
    “We hope that Dr Pope’s report, which takes into account the existing environment and actual activities we propose to commence on the site, gives these groups peace of mind that the scale of our operation will make very little difference to the chemical conditions that currently occur in the mine,” says Mr Hill.
    In his report, Dr Pope found that “[the] scale of tonnage removed by bulk sampling and scale of water use on a daily basis are the main factors that makes it unlikely that the operation will have impact on mine drainage chemistry or surrounding water chemistry.”
    -ends-

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......and who's the ignorant one now Robbo? What gives you the right to be so condescending (and why would you anyway?) to those trying to protect a beautiful place for all of us to enjoy? If you can only focus on the money side of things then surely you understand? that the cycleway and all it's ancillary business' will create far more revenue than any tin pot goldmine like this one will ever do. And not only is the cycleway low impact environmentally, sustainable, positive physically and mentally, but also the profits will remain with KIWIS and their families.......NONE of this applies to NTL. (oh and by the way, as far as Im aware none of the protesters smoke or would bother with cheap bourbon...a bottle of quality Jamiesons maybe but definitely not cheap bourbon! )
    I guess I'll chuck in some capital letters to get my point across then...

I am a KIWI and have a KIWI FAMILY. I am quite HAPPY for NTL money to come my way and to those employed by MY CAPITAL. As will be the OTHER NTL SHAREHOLDERS I am sure.

Seems to me to be another "unlikely union" akin to the Internet Mana party. Where the SCHEDULES of iwi and the lumpenproletariat overlap then they GET TOGETHER and have a good old fashioned shindig. Much like the CHRISTIANS who KNOCK ON MY DOOR ALL THE TIME.

Meanwhile, others just want to go about their BUSINESS.

It's a small underground mine that is not going to bother you or the environment. That is the best OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE that is AVAILABLE and all the rest of the INFORMATION OUT THERE is OPINION a lot like the nonsense SOUTED BY THE CHRISTIANS who KNOCK ON MY DOOR all the time.

AWOL

Here's a good end use for all that gold that is going to come out of NTL.

http://www.futurity.org/acne-lasers-gold-879662/

Banned

It’s becoming an increasingly disgusting trend in NZ that a minority of individuals with too much time on their hands, who don’t represent the majority of reasonable and balanced people, think they have the god given right to interfere with the business of others when all they are doing is lawfully doing what they are permitted to do so on their own land or claim.

It is not a national park and the owner may do what they wish with their land, including mining it, within the bounds of the law and environmental responsibility.

Personally I think such behaviours are a product of poor parenting and local government pandering to minority groups for so long they have breed and reinforced such attitudes.

If folk really cared about a specific area outside of a national park they have every right to lobby government for that area to be scheduled, or, alternatively they have every right to buy the land outright and to put it into trust.

Otherwise any local and national government response should simply be, put up or shut up.

I believe in trying to obtain the best of both worlds...
    I dont mind a cycle way through the gorge, that way I can keep an eye on how my mine is progressing

Quote Originally Posted by Absolute144 View Post
    I believe in trying to obtain the best of both worlds...
    I dont mind a cycle way through the gorge, that way I can keep an eye on how my mine is progressing
    Rahu JV announcement due before end of March... Price of gold up to 1211... Borderline vexatious judicial review...

Is NTL undervalued?

Guru

Something's up. 1 cents cleaned out and a big order at 0.9. Announcement imminent?

Guru

They did say they expected the JV stuff to be sorted by end March. Might be the breakthrough!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Rahu JV announcement due before end of March... Price of gold up to 1211... Borderline vexatious judicial review...

Is NTL undervalued?
    I'd have thought so Robbo. But for every optimist there is a pessimist I guess, as I see the 1 cent slot filled again. She's a hard road being a lone voice in the wilderness!

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    I'd have thought so Robbo. But for every optimist there is a pessimist I guess, as I see the 1 cent slot filled again. She's a hard road being a lone voice in the wilderness!
    If nothing else, NTL owns 19% of BPL:ASX with an MCAP of $5.5m AUD.

NTL has NTA/Share of 3.91 cents.

The JV, if announced, is unaffected by the judicial review.

Price of gold is ticking up a bit, and NTL would still be profitable at $1000USD per ounce.

NTL has been dormant a long time but the sleeper will awaken...