sharetrader
Page 134 of 938 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 9378
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    jeez robbo investing in a commodity business can have it's up's and down's but when you are investing in the most manipulated commodity of them all you are taking unnecessary risk.
    They just don't get it Snaps. It takes a lifetime to get to grips with Gold (or any other precious metal). You can't expect a baby to make sensible decisions that the experienced have decades of involvement with. You can only point them in the right direction, but they probably won't listen anyway. "Experience is the one thing you can't get for nothing" -Oscar Wilde. My concern is for the NTL holders who hope for a better future, but when it apparently comes in the news, some will be happily selling them their shares!

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    When it comes to gold robber, you're out of your league, with respect. It doesn't matter what you think China or India or any other country is doing, because you don't have any reliable sources of information except google, which isn't reliable. But the most reliable source of information is that the gold price, which is declining as it has been for years, and isn't about to change anytime soon. Anyone who thinks they can take a profitable position in a two-bit non-proven, limited-probable, and hopefully-possible gold mine licence in a declining gold market is just food for a ramper.
    Oh I thought NTL had proved ore reserves set out in a 68 page JORC compliant report...

I also thought NTL had resource consent to remove 600 tonnes of ore a month and that a baseless judicial review of that consent was recently discontinued...

I also thought NTL could take advantage of the falling USD to offset any declines in the projected gold price from when they prepared the JORC complaint report...

I guess you have more up to date information than me Baa_Baa, please do share
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Oh I thought NTL had proved ore reserves set out in a 68 page JORC compliant report...

I also thought NTL had resource consent to remove 600 tonnes of ore a month and that a baseless judicial review of that consent was recently discontinued...

I also thought NTL could take advantage of the falling USD to offset any declines in the projected gold price from when they prepared the JORC complaint report...

I guess you have more up to date information than me Baa_Baa, please do share
    Yeah sure, hope. It's a proven basis for scalping a profit on slim news in a declining commodity market. Works every time, some will be happy with that, others will consider whether they're the suckers.

Banned

Spectrum was close to my first share investment while at University - and it made me some good speculative money - since then I have followed Chris Castle but not lost any money on his stuff since the end of the last millennium... There is definitely gold in Karangaheke - have a look at the history of the area but I do not think it is an area that the Govt will allow to be mined again - NTL may get to process the tailings - I just can't see them getting the consents to go further.....

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yeah sure, hope. It's a proven basis for scalping a profit on slim news in a declining commodity market. Works every time, some will be happy with that, others will consider whether they're the suckers.
    I know NTL has proved ore reserves set out in a 68 page JORC compliant report...

I know NTL has resource consent to remove 600 tonnes of ore a month and that a baseless judicial review of that consent was recently discontinued...

I know NTL will take advantage of the falling USD to offset any declines in the projected gold price from when they prepared the JORC complaint report...

20,000 cubic meters a year here we come, go NTL!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    Spectrum was close to my first share investment while at University - and it made me some good speculative money - since then I have followed Chris Castle but not lost any money on his stuff since the end of the last millennium... There is definitely gold in Karangaheke - have a look at the history of the area but I do not think it is an area that the Govt will allow to be mined again - NTL may get to process the tailings - I just can't see them getting the consents to go further.....
    They can already take 600 tons of ore from the mine per month. The resource consent for this is now unchallenged.

http://www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz/files/...dp/sect5.5.pdf - the HDC controls who can mine there. They say this:

It is noted that although there are some parts within the zone that contain Significant Natural Areas, for the balance of the zone the mixed indigenous and exotic vegetative cover is not of sufficient ecological significance in its own right to meet the standard of being an “area of significant indigenous vegetation or significant habitat of indigenous fauna” (ie a Significant Natural Area). However, the protection of vegetation from disturbance and clearance for visual amenity reasons has the consequential effect of providing additional vegetative cover between the Coromandel and Kaimai-Mamaku Forest Parks. This will assist in the provision of the Hauraki Ecological Corridor for flora and fauna to pass between these two Conservation Parks.
    No worries for an underground mine

You will also note that underground mining is a discretionary activity under r 5.5.4.4...

Meet the criteria with the HDC and you're away laughing (or mining).

There's some really good 300 level resource management law papers at university if you guys want to learn more about these types of things - would be a great place to start your quest for knowledge.

Banned

Hi Robbo - I may remind you of this comment about No Worries at a future date!

So far this company has only successfully mined its shareholders ( and I say that as someone who is not anti mining per se )

It is noted that although there are some parts within the zone that contain Significant Natural Areas, for the balance of the zone the mixed indigenous and exotic vegetative cover is not of sufficient ecological significance in its own right to meet the standard of being an “area of significant indigenous vegetation or significant habitat of indigenous fauna” (ie a Significant Natural Area). However, the protection of vegetation from disturbance and clearance for visual amenity reasons has the consequential effect of providing additional vegetative cover between the Coromandel and Kaimai-Mamaku Forest Parks. This will assist in the provision of the Hauraki Ecological Corridor for flora and fauna to pass between these two Conservation Parks.

No worries for an underground mine

Membaa

This is a lot of effort for a two-bit non-proven, unlikely-probable and even less likely possible minor mining licence in a green controlled estate. The only reason anyone would ramp this company is to scalp the minnows who pile in to slim news in a declining commodity market.

Beware, if you're the minnow.

Banned

We must all be bored