sharetrader
Page 135 of 936 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 9358

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    This is a lot of effort for a two-bit non-proven, unlikely-probable and even less likely possible minor mining licence in a green controlled estate. The only reason anyone would ramp this company is to scalp the minnows who pile in to slim news in a declining commodity market.

Beware, if you're the minnow.
    I'm interested to know what information you're referring to... It's all plainly wrong Post some links so the minnows can see if you are credible...
    'I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.' - G B Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity View Post
    Hi Robbo - I may remind you of this comment about No Worries at a future date!

So far this company has only successfully mined its shareholders ( and I say that as someone who is not anti mining per se )

It is noted that although there are some parts within the zone that contain Significant Natural Areas, for the balance of the zone the mixed indigenous and exotic vegetative cover is not of sufficient ecological significance in its own right to meet the standard of being an “area of significant indigenous vegetation or significant habitat of indigenous fauna” (ie a Significant Natural Area). However, the protection of vegetation from disturbance and clearance for visual amenity reasons has the consequential effect of providing additional vegetative cover between the Coromandel and Kaimai-Mamaku Forest Parks. This will assist in the provision of the Hauraki Ecological Corridor for flora and fauna to pass between these two Conservation Parks.

No worries for an underground mine
    Rule 5.5.7 in particular 5.5.7.4 and 5.5.7.6. http://www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz/files/...dp/sect5.5.pdf

You can remind me all you like, name calling and all

Who knows though, you might even thank me for drawing your attention to this stock at this relative moment...
    Last edited by robbo24; 23-06-2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added link again for convenience

Default More nimbys

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    When it comes to gold robber, you're out of your league, with respect. It doesn't matter what you think China or India or any other country is doing, because you don't have any reliable sources of information except google, which isn't reliable. But the most reliable source of information is that the gold price, which is declining as it has been for years, and isn't about to change anytime soon. Anyone who thinks they can take a profitable position in a two-bit non-proven, limited-probable, and hopefully-possible gold mine licence in a declining gold market is just food for a ramper.
    you do realise the gold price has remained at the current level for quite some time. However NZD has plummeted which means huge increase in $$$$$$ for NTL. As they treat locally guess what they get paid in .....

So these better mines out there your waffling on about. Do you have a single one you can name which has assayed grades as high as 10,000 grams per tonne for an entry cost of less than 2M to intiate production?

With grades like that and the company information shows that this co has a entry price of well under 750 per ounce.

JORC standardised prefeasibility studies so I have to say you appear to be speaking out your aaaaaaaa...Have you heard of a reserve?. Doesn't seem like you know the company at all let alone resources.

Looks like your one of the nimby mob trying their luck to downramp having just begged to drop the judicial review. The mine is fully permitted now to take up to 20,000 cubic metres per annum. Wow that's one helluva start for a mine.

If they hit the grades that's heaps of gold and silver......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post
    Rule 5.5.7 in particular 5.5.7.4 and 5.5.7.6. http://www.hauraki-dc.govt.nz/files/...dp/sect5.5.pdf

You can remind me all you like, name calling and all

Who knows though, you might even thank me for drawing your attention to this stock at this relative moment...

Looking like the good times are about to roll with NTL. Oceana coming in, Newcrest next door Chinese investing, generous offer to us lucky shareholders. Woohoo.....bring it on boys.

BTW you were right Robbo re the JR they didn't have a chance at all given they ran away after all that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by bullish View Post
    What happened to the boy who cried wolf again....
    His Incorporated Society (Protect Karangahake Inc) got lumped with legal costs of the defendants arising from a completely baseless litigation. It went insolvent and ceased to be.

His friends then tried protest. They were forcefully removed and trespassed.

...or so we hope. Let's see how the tale unfolds...

Banned

[QUOTE=Baa_Baa;577622]Has NTL got any gold? Or are we hopefully relying on an April 2013 assay report? Proven, Probable and Possible seems a good place to start.

Proven, oh, not so good, maybe the old guys dug it up already?
    Probable, a whopping 1.5 oz per T from the 'stockpile', which will be sold into into a generational declining gold price market with no sight of the bottom. Unlikely revenues from gold sales will be plowed back into exploration for the;
    Possible reserves, that the so far undiscovered seams hold.

I think its actual reserves Baa.....they released a reserve statement. Resources are good but reserves pay the bills....

Measured ore reserves all day lads. Bulk sampling mode ACTIVATED.

nice bit of banter to read first thing in the morning haha

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bullish View Post
    I think its actual reserves Baa.....they released a reserve statement. Resources are good but reserves pay the bills....
    I asked my friend who is a surveyor for a mining company over in Australia to look at the NTL JORC compliant statement... Asking him to explain it like I'm 5 years old:

You see two tables summarised at the start of the document, further detailed on p33 into the geographical locations (or cuts).

The difference between the tables is the terms 'Resource' and 'Reserves'.

The top table "Mineral Resources" is based on the total quantity of minable material that is known to be in the ground that exceeds their cut-off grade of 1.7g/t and within either the extent of the reserve, claim, or orebody. Values here are estimated with varying levels of confidence. Various techniques are used, I think in NTL's case boreholes and some scanning by the looks, don’t quote me, I'll visit this later.

Regardless, the resource quantity is further broken in to Inferred, Indicated, and Measured classifications, with increasing sampling and drilling determining the confidence factor and the volumes in these categories. Exploration is expensive, Geo-techs cost money, hence there is no point drilling the [****] out of your whole reserve unnecessarily when you have good numbers on Ore reserves already and no money coming in. Every borehole costs something ridiculous, as you need survey there too to set it out. Basically the Resource is relatively confidently known to be there, and the quantities are estimated with some confidence off some samples.
    You could say "Further exploration is needed, but here's what we believe with these varying levels of confidence, that we are sitting on. (Measured being more sampled than indicated, indicated more so than inferred...)"

The second table, "Ore Reserves", indicates an amount of the ore from within the 'Indicated' and 'Measured' rows of the "Mineral Resource" table. However, this is ore that they know is there with high levels of confidence, the 'Proven' row representing ore that has been extensively drilled and sampled, the 'Probable' row they are less confident about due to less analysis. The term 'Reserves' indicates this quantity of ore has been analysed and valued using the current or recent average gold/silver prices, and basically is what they are using to do their current numbers. I.e, it is profitable to mine.

The thing with resources is they are unexplored and I guess with gold the speculation is where you need to trust expert opinion.

It's different with coal, which has such a uniform distribution, I can calculate what is in the ground to a high level of accuracy from three boreholes.

To summarise:

Gold
    With the levels of confidence, 82,500t of material has been sampled, containing Gold at 10.8 g/t, or a total of 891kg.

With speculation (no economic study as to any mining costs being profitable etc), there is potentially 917,390t of minable mineral in the ground with an average concentration of 6.9g/t, or 204,760oz (their fig)

Silver
    Confidence - 127,800oz (their fig)
    Speculation - 798,840oz (their fig)

Whether the speculated amounts are there, the investor decides..

SURVEY MINING DUDE
    So NTL are confident of $50m of gold and $3m of silver... More exploration required to measure whether $351,777,680 of gold and $18,373,320 of silver is there.

Going by what SURVEY MINING DUDE says I suppose as money starts coming in via bulk sampling the company will produce further tests to further measure the gold and silver in the ground.

Good times

Membaa

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    So here's my point....... you think NTL would be reasonably priced at 4 x earnings given a AISC of $1075 USD per oz.
    I say, given the following examples, why would you buy NTL.

BDR.... MCAP $150m revenue $270m .......market cap = 0.55 x revenue...... AISC $615 USD fy 2014

TRY.... MCAP $104M revenue $190m....... market cap = 0.54 of revenue...... AISC $1140 USD fy 2014( company outlook due to new mine opening $980)

RSG..... MCAP $212M revenue $520m......market cap = 0.40 of revenue..... ASIC $1130 USD FY 2014.

I am sure there are better examples but these are the companies I follow.
    Of course there is so much more to valuing a gold miner.....life of mine and confirmed gold resources come to mind.
    More importantly how proven management is in keeping production costs down as the industry suffers badly from cost over runs.
    Interesting, Snapiti, thanks for that info, there's so many profitable mines it's not easy keeping up with it all. Seems you prefer investing in mines that make money for their shareholders, not wannabe miners spending shareholders capital.

Point is, there are mines already making money, lots of money. A $ invested in a producing mine with proven and probable resources selling profitably is a much better investment than NTL, which has sucked untold years of investors capital to get to where? A permit to spend more investors money on a feasibility study.

NTL is a sinkhole for investors money, with no guarantee of a profitable return in any reasonable timeframe (but a nice setup for clever share traders to scalp the vulnerable).

The Aug 2013 report is an interesting read, it sounds like a tourist destination. Karangahape are so lucky to have NTL driving their economy. Then, lucky NTL scores a permit to do some feasibility testing, and the patronising CEO sucks up to the council who are probably in his pocket, then flips the bird to shareholders with the summary "NTL is currently completing an offer to its shareholders to raise further funds", oh heck share price drops 12.5% on the 'great news'.

12.5% up the day after though, a nice day trade scalp for the share trader. Hands up who sold at 0.007 and who bought at 0.008 in the following couple of days? The clever share trader was your counter party. Kaching, 12.5% just like that.

Flip to page.30 of the report, the numbers are so far out of date it's not funny. Worse though is the projected AU/AG prices which are around 35-45% down, though some think that is sustainably mitigated by a weaker NZD. Good luck with that one. Oh, and when does year 1 even start? Investors will fund the bulk of getting to the start line, whenever that is. Assuming it ever does start, and even a modicum of credibility in the forecasts, investors can enjoy a further projected 2 years of massive losses (probably more as the income will be overstated and the expenses understated), yep you know whose going to be funding that too.

Good luck with NTL investors, you'll need it, unless you're the clever share trader.