sharetrader
Page 245 of 936 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345745 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 9358
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'm very pleased this stock has worked out for those who kept hanging in there. I'm not invested in any stocks at the moment, after making a big mess of my foray into Glass Earth/Antipodes Gold (read: wife says no).

The high grades at Talisman are still very captivating, but just a word of warning about why the company is listed in the sharemarket in the first place: it's to raise the capital they need, with the least risk to those at the front of the company. At a point in time, even poor old (unlucky/disorganised) Glass Earth had a short spell where the share price allowed an MCap which covered all the funds that had been poured into it during capital raisings. If I had my time again, that is when I'd have dropped some of my exposure in that share.

NTL could well be a different animal altogether - the company has demonstrated very high gold grades in certain areas, and that fixes a lot of other problems, if the gold ore volume is adequate.
    Check out the shareholder register El Z. "Those at the front of the company" are heavily invested here

Guru

Options now 1.1 on both exchanges

Guru

Thought I would post this form the H/C site. The poster sounds like a knowledgeable chap! Unfortunately the image he posted showing levels etc hasn't linked.

NTL has come up on the radar all round the world after the July 12 announcements and I'm guessing a few people who understand what Low Sulphidation Epithermal Deposit means took the time to read the 2017 Annual Report. Hence the smart money might be taking positions as cheaply as possible.

Check out page 7 of the 2017 AP and look at the old samples now in Auckland Museum, originally from Level 14 of the Bonanza Strike in Talisman Deeps. The grades convert to 1,381 and 1,551 Au g/t !!

These look suspiciously like the classic grey sulphidic quartz with high grade gold and silver often found in a transition zone close to the base of the epithermal boiling zone.

However NTL also say in the recent Dubbo Deeps re-rate (pg24) "there is detailed geology showing positions of the Maria Vein at least 100m below 15 Level."

So that possibly means that from Level 14 down to about 50m below Level 16 (the lowest level) there could be a massive resource that would lend itself to the modern mining techniques being used underground by Newmont at Waihi.

The image below shows the Levels, essentially what we're looking at here is a good chunk of the Boiling Zone. Below this section somewhere along its length is probably the location of the main quartz vein, which the old-timers didn't find.

Hold onto your hats fellas, and don't sell out cheap!

Quick reply

NTL (ASX)
    Price at posting: 2.6¢
    Sentiment: Hold
    Disclosure: Held

Quote Originally Posted by Placemakers View Post
    not very quiet by looking at the volume 12m traded today, 0.019 is a huge resistant... hard to break out until further good news
    Resistance is Futile !!!!!!!

Looks like 29 is the new 19

I was very impressed with some of the talks by the senior managers of this company, they seemed more like Hardened Miners than Boardroom keyboard Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'm very pleased this stock has worked out for those who kept hanging in there. I'm not invested in any stocks at the moment, after making a big mess of my foray into Glass Earth/Antipodes Gold (read: wife says no).

The high grades at Talisman are still very captivating, but just a word of warning about why the company is listed in the sharemarket in the first place: it's to raise the capital they need, with the least risk to those at the front of the company. At a point in time, even poor old (unlucky/disorganised) Glass Earth had a short spell where the share price allowed an MCap which covered all the funds that had been poured into it during capital raisings. If I had my time again, that is when I'd have dropped some of my exposure in that share.

NTL could well be a different animal altogether - the company has demonstrated very high gold grades in certain areas, and that fixes a lot of other problems, if the gold ore volume is adequate.
    elZ, I actually have you to thank for getting into NTL, following it since your first post here. I followed Glass Earth back in the day, read all your research and did my own and I also thought it could be successful. Got burnt there. I do think NTL is a different beast altogether and have much more confidence in the long term success, so sunk a large amount in at the last captital raise.
    But your words of caution are wise, mining stocks like this can be a fickle thing.
    Best of luck to all holding....exciting times ahead.

IMO

I haven't seen such excitement and fervour on share trader like this before; see it on H.C all the time. You all have different situs and some of you may be spending the bonanza gains already (in your head). And i don't know if anyone knows much about the actual process of mining on here? And be prepared for the cap raise as elz suggests.
    Sorry to sound like a cracked record but if you don't free carry and eliminate risk and something goes wrong(there are a lot of things that can) and the s/p goes down as fast as it went up ; well its a horrible feeling going from a 5 - 10-20 bagger to zero. I lost $250,000 on paper in such stocks, PGI which went to a $2 , now 5c . I was euphoric seeing only what i wanted to see; ignored warnings, investor bias; sold near a bottom ; never again. All the best, JT

Guru

Cap Raising JT? Fully funded until 2020. Bulk Sampling kicking in this year will only add to the cashflow...Oh and the options which are worth another 2+million to the company are well in the money at this point.
    You were right earlier...you really haven't been following NTL have you?

IMO

Jonu you are multi free carried and on a roll best of luck to you and others out there; just be prudent.

Guru

Cheers JT. I'm thinking luck won't have much to do with it. This has been a long time in the making but is coming to fruition beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I haven't seen such excitement and fervour on share trader like this before; see it on H.C all the time. You all have different situs and some of you may be spending the bonanza gains already (in your head). And i don't know if anyone knows much about the actual process of mining on here? And be prepared for the cap raise as elz suggests.
    Sorry to sound like a cracked record but if you don't free carry and eliminate risk and something goes wrong(there are a lot of things that can) and the s/p goes down as fast as it went up ; well its a horrible feeling going from a 5 - 10-20 bagger to zero. I lost $250,000 on paper in such stocks, PGI which went to a $2 , now 5c . I was euphoric seeing only what i wanted to see; ignored warnings, investor bias; sold near a bottom ; never again. All the best, JT
    When i tried to tell my wife we lost 50k in PEB, but not be upset, it was only paper money, she said paper money is worth more than coins ,no? Haha
    yes been there, done that, don't want to repeat......
    Jonu, i am enjoying the ying yang you are having with JT, AND BOTH OF YOU ARE MAKING GOOD POINTS, knowing when to sell is often more important than when to buy, so good luck with that one.. Or. ..may the force be with you.....