sharetrader
Page 279 of 936 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379779 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 9358
    Guru

pat NTL is not about him its the future we all are investing in .

Banned

OK I'm just going to ask and get flamed or whatever. I could go away and spend a lot of time learning this or just ask here.

What exactly are these, what should I know on whether to get these, if I don't take up the offer can I pass on to someone else.

All I see this as now is why did they have to spoil the party, a few hours ago had a nice profit now back in the red.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Closing just before the election too.

I give them top marks for craftsmanship!
    I noticed that too, people were saying hold off on any big announcements till after the election, not a bad time to ask for more unassuming cash and crank up areas for production with the now greater cash flow post election, right as a potentially new government are still finding their feet, very switched on.

Is this new announcement just clarification to Paper Tiger here that they aren't breaking the rules ?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick View Post
    Massive dilution for Hill.
    Agree it looks like he will only be able to apply for the 15k,the other shares he controls are excluded:-
    Joint holders are treated as a single Shareholder under the Offer and together can only make oneapplication up to a maximum of NZ$15,000. If you own Shares through a trustee or Custodian andalso own Shares in your own name, then you may either purchase Shares yourself or instruct yourtrustee or Custodian to purchase Shares on your behalf, up to a maximum of NZ$15,000; you may notdo both.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    I noticed that too, people were saying hold off on any big announcements till after the election, not a bad time to ask for more unassuming cash and crank up areas for production with the now greater cash flow post election, right as a potentially new government are still finding their feet, very switched on.
    Well I am sure we would all like to know the future political landscape before committing to the share purchase plan.

Especially as today's announcement is basically a statement that ntl want to increase/accelerate production.

Might ruffle a few feathers

Can one ruffle the feathers of a Golden Goose? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    OK I'm just going to ask and get flamed or whatever. I could go away and spend a lot of time learning this or just ask here.
    If you held ntl shares as of 7pm last Friday, you can buy up to $15,000 of shares in lots of $1,000 for 2.2c per share by application. For each 5 shares you buy you also receive 1 option, which you could sell on market, convert into a share by paying 5.5c before 09/22 or let lapse.

What exactly are these, what should I know on whether to get these, if I don't take up the offer can I pass on to someone else.
    Shares will be equally ranked with other shares. You cannot pass the offer on (non-renounceable). Cannot tell you if you should or not, continue to research or seek financial advice. You should read the offer document in full.

All I see this as now is why did they have to spoil the party, a few hours ago had a nice profit now back in the red.
    Why they are doing this is in the offer announcement.

Well a lot of good explanation on this Ausi Share Trading Forum and a lot more positivity in the posts than what we are getting here.
    The Ausies see all of this as good news.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann...e#.WaOcFWcUmpo

Yes, it is possible to buy on either exchange through the SPP. You could even buy on one and transfer to the other later.

Traders don't like capital raisings, let's face it, but investors who held on 25 August have an exclusive offer to buy at 2.2 cents and get some options for the trouble.

NTL doing a raising will annoy some people, and fair enough, but in the longer term we know that we could wait for bulk sampling revenue to come online and fund additional Deeps sampling over time.

Albeit, with the JORC upgrades from the Deeps project it seems like they have decided to go big. SPPs are kind of like a voting machine in that respect, if you don't want to go big then don't buy on the SPP. If the company doesn't raise enough to go big, then the fully funded bulk sampling project still goes ahead anyway.

My feeling is that the raising must have been done with a plan in mind, looking now for the company to unfurl its reasoning. AGM must be coming up soon, so they surely don't want to face a mob haha... Although given my participation in the rights issue last year I certainly won't be a member of that mob, NTL is doing great from my perspective!

Guru

What a day to be caught up in meetings all day. Haven't had time to fully digest. Long term this is fine I think, just makes quicker to wider production. Short term it's a pain in the arse and was always going to hammer the SP back to near the offer price.