sharetrader
Page 302 of 936 FirstFirst ... 202252292298299300301302303304305306312352402802 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 9358
    Banned

Man this is the complete opposite of how I thought this week would play out. Learning experience going on right now.

Nervous yes, selling no. I would have a sick vomit feeling if I'd taken up the spp early. Think I'll stay away from the share price for today.

Buying consideration? Not brave enough.

Guru

Today I bought what I did consider good buying - at the time @ .002 for the oppies which is to my mind a better buy as it clears the election date, SPP update and keeps my options open for a late Nov decision -- I hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Today I bought what I did consider good buying - at the time @ .002 for the oppies which is to my mind a better buy as it clears the election date, SPP update and keeps my options open for a late Nov decision -- I hope it works
    .002...... Can i get some at that price ?

When the company relies heavily on equity to raise funds - particularly when the share price gains any traction, any share of capital appreciation from growth is diminished or negated through dilution. I think that is a disservice to long term holders, to see the growth in their very company diluted every time it seems to grow. NTL started off with 82M shares at one point, how did it end up with 2b, and now potentially 3? with capital appreciation out of the question for now, it all comes down to when the gold comes out of the ground and when the green river can start flowing.
    Last edited by Ace; 07-09-2017 at 10:23 AM.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Really shows the ASX is the stronger market in this, initial prices rises were spurred on by the buying in the ASX and now the decline is spurred on by the ASX too. Current prices will hold for now, but NZX will look to the ASX opening to decide how this really places out today.

I wonder if management had any idea this would happen (to this extent)

Outside thinking.

Sad day for NTL holders and not looking good for the company going forward.

A rare red arrow for my portfolio which reminds me to dust off my rule to 'avoid mining company shares.' Trouble is that my other rule was, 'all rules are made to be broken.' Thankfully only a small holding, but I certainly won't be taking up the SPP offer.

Lessons for us all in this one. Seems the market doesn't like the opportunistic nature, (and dilution effect) of the attempted cap raise.

Its hard to watch this and I absolutely hate the red arrow on my portfolio (because yes, I only just jumped on this bandwagon). This is a time where I think to myself, "a fool and his money are easily parted" or whatever that line is. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait it out and hope for the best to get my money back at some point, which must surely happen given they reckon the gold is in them thar hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Clints View Post
    I wonder if management had any idea this would happen (to this extent)
    How could they not expect that after throwing such a wild curve ball at their holders. They essentially prepared us a compliment sandwich - investor style - good news, controversial news, and finally good news. Except they forgot the sauces and they let the burger get too cold before serving it.
    Toward his critics, the artist harbours a defensive ace: knowledge that the future will erase the present.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    Really shows the ASX is the stronger market in this, initial prices rises were spurred on by the buying in the ASX and now the decline is spurred on by the ASX too. Current prices will hold for now, but NZX will look to the ASX opening to decide how this really places out today.
    Lot of good comments on this latest developments.When you say the ASX led us up now down [SB888] you are to my mind leaving out a very big development. When it was led up
    Andrew Little was head of the labor party. The changes since then have somewhat spooked NTL and I believe the AUS are more onto this that NZ.
    The mistake that NTL have made is having the SPP this side of the election. The number one rule of equity markets is that they do not like uncertainties. Note over many decades the American market will go up a certain % if one govt gets in and will go up almost the same % if the other party gets in. But in the meantime no one knows so uncertainty.
    On the broader picture NTL must win as the world is slowly going away from Bitcoins where again today you can read on OIL .COM that the govt are moving against them. Also the world has in the last few years not replaced its gold used.
    shame I will not be going to the AGM as too hard getting in and out of Auckland.Much to discuss. I really liked the idea of making the product out of the mine having more gold but if this SPP fails we should keep that open and come back to it in the future [[AFTER THE ELECTION MANAGMENT PLEASE}}
    digger