sharetrader
Page 37 of 938 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast
    AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by digger View Post
    Am planning to go to the AGM. Anyone else thinking along those lines??
    All going well should be able to get there. Wonder if someone could show us through if we got a group together prior to or after?

Has NTL gone mad????????? Timeframes on expected results, I almost fell off my (soon to be gold encrusted) chair

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Landyman View Post
    Has NTL gone mad????????? Timeframes on expected results, I almost fell off my (soon to be gold encrusted) chair
    Another good thing about this company, their expenses are modest, their reporting is prompt, and they have a stable amount of cash in the bank on term deposit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Another good thing about this company, their expenses are modest, their reporting is prompt, and they have a stable amount of cash in the bank on term deposit.
    Totally agree el z. Thanks for your recent research. Looks like the heritage of old is gone and been replaced by a go get em style approach to this mine. Even if there are a small number of ounces in bm37 that should carry them through even a major downtrend in gold price.

They will need to fund it now I suspect a placement but one can always be hopeful for a rights issue with a free option. Those last ones traded as high as 1.7 cents!!!

What's your take? You seem to know this co well.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bullish View Post
    Totally agree el z. Thanks for your recent research. Looks like the heritage of old is gone and been replaced by a go get em style approach to this mine. Even if there are a small number of ounces in bm37 that should carry them through even a major downtrend in gold price.

They will need to fund it now I suspect a placement but one can always be hopeful for a rights issue with a free option. Those last ones traded as high as 1.7 cents!!!

What's your take? You seem to know this co well.
    I'm afraid I don't know this listed company very well, compared to another one I've looked at for a few years. This experience is partly why I like the comparison.

Those BM37 grades are very good, it will cover a lot of costs if there is a reasonable amount anywhere near that grade. I like the recent activities report, (those few words about lining up suppliers of equipment, these are not words Heritage mentioned very often).

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2013073...mdp8n4hcxg.pdf

I see what you mean about a rights issue. Yes, that would be attractive if there was, say, a 2 year right to options at a price about 50% above a private placement share issue. There might be quite a clamour for the shares on that basis. If this is what they have in mind, there will be some good news popping out on a regular basis until the PP deal is announced. It would be easy to raise a few million if the shareprice doubled first, but I don't think they really need much capital for opening up an existing mine.

If management is already in contact with equipment suppliers, we could see some outlines of the gear that they hope to use, the techniques and the timelines for implementation.

The report earlier this year gave some figures for measured, indicated and inferred resources of gold in the Talisman mine permit area. I've ignored silver, but that helps.

JORC/Measured: 205,000oz at say $160 an ounce in ground = $32mill
    Inferred: 197,000oz at say $50 an ounce in ground = $10mill
    Indicated: 500,000oz at say $20 /oz in ground = $ 10mill

These figures are made more reasonable by the facts that the grades are good, the mine was abandoned when gold prices were much lower, and mining appears to be a strong option in the near future, with the possibility of using Newmont's nearby mill and plant in a batch mode. In any case, the initial quantities to be processed are small, and if they could handle it 100 or more years ago, we can surely do it better now.

If the gold in ground is actually worth at least $52mill now, it'll be worth a lot more when it's being mined. The geological potential of the mine area is somewhere between 0.55Moz and 1.2Moz. Great numbers for a boutique mine.
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-08-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Its a quiet NTL thread these days... :-P

Legend

Agree Dej, we don't have much info to go on. I found this August 2012 community note, maybe there are more on the website. They intend to make a sand concentrate on site, which could be as basic as crushed rock from the vein areas, run through a VSI crusher. They mention using flotation and gravity separation elsewhere, in 2013. The mine is projected to be up and running within 12 months from now.

http://www.newtalismangoldmines.co.n...gust-20122.pdf
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-08-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    mining a year away at best. a bit further away than I thought but that's ok as long as it all stacks up.

on the market, some big buyers lined up at 1 and 1.1 cents. I'm pretty bearish on gold near term until we find out about QE next month. but the cost is so low for C1 I can't see it mattering too much.
    Bought in at 1 earlier this year if you remember (that fateful day) and I have been apart of the 1.1 purchasing as well been holding though for just under a year now.

For me this doesnt really bother me what happens, its a personal interest stock for me. I find it interesting to be apart of something I enjoy learning about, and what a better operation than NTL since its boutique, and in its early stages!

Would be nice for her to start mining though, because atleast then we know 1 - 1.1 c isnt fair value

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    oh yes, a major revaluation is due next year when mining begins! be intersting to see if a falling gold price puts OGC and GEL pretty much out of it in NZ and leaves NTL as the only viable lusted gold producer. also be interesting to know who NTL team up with to extract the gold from this concentrate...
    It will be lusted alright when it takes off- have been quietly snakkumulating here and oz.