sharetrader
Page 446 of 937 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446447448449450456496546 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 9365

@Lion,

In terms of his "skin in the game"...

What % of his shares have been purchased "on market"?

Quote Originally Posted by moimoi View Post
    @Lion,

In terms of his "skin in the game"...

What % of his shares have been purchased "on market"?
    OK, I don't know that, but does it matter much? He still wants NTL to do well, and for the SP to rise.

P.S. I doubt that all his shares would have been given to him. But I don't know. Do you?
    Last edited by Lion; 30-07-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: P.S.

It does leave a sour taste in your mouth considering the collection plate is out every year.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
    It does leave a sour taste in your mouth considering the collection plate is out every year.
    Is it 18 or 19 years now that this has been going on? If you like gold, there's heaps of producing mines making profits and paying dividends that you can invest in, especially as the POG goes up. If you prefer explorers, there are many better options than NTL who have proven their exploration skills. If you want a lotto ticket in a NZ explorer that has a history of funding its insider lifestyles, NTL is the only choice.

BING, sorry, not a winning lotto ticket. How many times have you heard that? What does it take to convince that NTL is no more than a wild stab in the dark that you'll ever get your money back, while being diluted into oblivion, let alone winning the lottery? If it's not, why put your money in now and suffer opportunity cost when you can get in later on proven resources and ability to get it processed, sold and profitability?

I'd rather have nothing to do with NTL until it was producing gold profitably, then I would pay 10x the current price to get on board and ride the sentiment, rather than park my capital in a terminally underperforming and underfunded explorer waiting for the possibility that one day, just one day, it paid off.

This is gambling, it is not investing. Look inside yourselves, ask the question "am I investing in a asset that will return to me a decent income or more than my capital invested, or am I taking a wild punt on something that has serially underperformed for decades" ... then ask, "why am I doing this now, why am I committing good money to a punt when I could be making a 10 bagger elsewhere", or buying an earner that eventually pays back my entire investment capital just on dividends returned.

Honestly, NTL is an absolute dog investment. If it ever makes money people like me will be all over it like a rash and we'll be the ones making the money, not those who stumped up the lifestyle expenses of the insiders, got diluted into oblivion and who sadly eventually lost the faith and sold out at a loss, disillusioned and despondent.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be mean and burst your bubbles but there are a ton of better places to make money in gold stocks (and other stocks) and a lot of very smart investors who can wait patiently and move on an explorer that by some twist of good luck achieves the motherload profitably.

We don't need to park our money in a cash consuming shell that funds the lifestyles of the insiders in the hope it might one day come right.

Membaa

Here's a lesson for you. One company (on the ASX) that I put a $1000 punt into, it was a lot like NTL with many years of disappointment but "great future prospects", and a few Billion shares on issue.

Well, when push came to shove they consolidated at 400:1 shares (think about that), shafted the company, relisted into their own shell as a new company and I was left with about $50 bucks invested and f'all shares. I still own them just as a reminder about how cunning these foxes are at preserving their lifestyle and their income.

If it's any consolation, that company still hasn't found the motherload or made any money. My shares are worthless but it is a lesson on what can happen to you when there's a few billon shares on issue (many years of dilution) and how clever the owners can be in preserving their income, by mining their shareholders.

NTL is a perfect setup for shafting their investors, whether or not they find any gold and start producing. Be warned, it's not about you getting wealthy, it's all about them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Is it 18 or 19 years now that this has been going on? If you like gold, there's heaps of producing mines making profits and paying dividends that you can invest in, especially as the POG goes up. If you prefer explorers, there are many better options than NTL who have proven their exploration skills. If you want a lotto ticket in a NZ explorer that has a history of funding its insider lifestyles, NTL is the only choice.

BING, sorry, not a winning lotto ticket. How many times have you heard that? What does it take to convince that NTL is no more than a wild stab in the dark that you'll ever get your money back, while being diluted into oblivion, let alone winning the lottery? If it's not, why put your money in now and suffer opportunity cost when you can get in later on proven resources and ability to get it processed, sold and profitability?

I'd rather have nothing to do with NTL until it was producing gold profitably, then I would pay 10x the current price to get on board and ride the sentiment, rather than park my capital in a terminally underperforming and underfunded explorer waiting for the possibility that one day, just one day, it paid off.

This is gambling, it is not investing. Look inside yourselves, ask the question "am I investing in a asset that will return to me a decent income or more than my capital invested, or am I taking a wild punt on something that has serially underperformed for decades" ... then ask, "why am I doing this now, why am I committing good money to a punt when I could be making a 10 bagger elsewhere", or buying an earner that eventually pays back my entire investment capital just on dividends returned.

Honestly, NTL is an absolute dog investment. If it ever makes money people like me will be all over it like a rash and we'll be the ones making the money, not those who stumped up the lifestyle expenses of the insiders, got diluted into oblivion and who sadly eventually lost the faith and sold out at a loss, disillusioned and despondent.

Sorry folks, I don't mean to be mean and burst your bubbles but there are a ton of better places to make money in gold stocks (and other stocks) and a lot of very smart investors who can wait patiently and move on an explorer that by some twist of good luck achieves the motherload profitably.

We don't need to park our money in a cash consuming shell that funds the lifestyles of the insiders in the hope it might one day come right.
    I completely agree Baa that there are many more gold explorers with better prospects than NTL but you will have to go offshore to buy them. Even Oceana Gold Corp (a 500Koz producer) which has two major mines in NZ is listed in ASX and TSX but not on the NZX.
    Having said that, I was fortunate enough to buy into NTL previously at 0.5c and sold out out at 3c. As a result I became familiar with NTL's prospects. Along the way I invested in a range of gold explorers and producers on the ASX and learned about gold companies. As a result, I decided that I had good timing with NTL but that as a gold prospect it was very limited. I have continued to be a successful investor on the ASX gold market but have no reason to change my opinion on NTL and have not re-invested at all.
    I accept that NTL has gold and that it is high yielding. However, they are only allowed to mine a very small amount while their newer areas of exploration are unlikely to achieve all the mining/environmental permits so long as the Labour-Green coalition is in power. The extraction restriction imposed through the Hauraki District Council on the Talisman mine stymies NTL from any decent production.
    The slow progress by NTL in the past couple of years can be explained by the limited extraction rate and hence gold output that can be achieved. Nevertheless, why invest in a snail when you could invest in a tyranosaurus rex on the ASX and take advantage of the recent increase in the gold price.

Hi Baa Baa

How is a share consolidation a bad thing? Doesn’t it just mean that the shares get divided and the price goes up by an equivalent multiplication?

I have no experience with a share consolidation..

Look I enjoy a good rant as much as the next guy, but does anyone have any facts and figures about this dog as it is currently?

Why am I interested?

A rising tide floats all ships, and even planks of rotten wood.

And investing too much in the ASX becomes a tax nightmare.

Just one more comment re MH salary and skin in the game. His 42,000,000 shares are worth $294,000 (at current share price) so this is reimbursed to him roughly every 9 months in salary (before tax)

I think every SH would be happy if Matt Hill cut his cash salary in half and received the remiander in shares - more skin in the game for him. $400k is a very good salary!!!