sharetrader
Page 48 of 936 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148548 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    the easiest ore to mine has a content of some 23+gms per toone, a high gold and a low cost extraction process
    So... .75 ounces per tonne is the easiest to mine part?

I've done some minor Googling on the subject and it strikes me that .3 of an ounce per tonne is purportedly the average in South Africa... Although I also read 2 ounces per tonne in a big mine in Canada...

Too good to be true or are they for reals?

Anyway, no biggie when gold reaches $3500US per ounce in 2 years:

http://www.ibtimes.com/gold-prices-c...nalyst-1401412

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by robbo24 View Post

I've done some minor Googling on the subject and it strikes me that .3 of an ounce per tonne is purportedly the average in South Africa... Although I also read 2 ounces per tonne in a big mine in Canada...

robbo, are you for real, how much knowledge and mining experience have you, Aust mining cos are happy with 5gms/t with reasonable tonnage. we have a very small mining operation here which with good management could finally come off, sure the gold price has fallen from $1700+ last year but this op could produce gold at $700 / t which in todays mining economics is a very cheap cost.

Banned

Couple of points

-Africa gold tends to be large volume lower grade its all about the type of deposit. This is like favona than say waihi open pit.
    -Bit hard to fudge historical grades which came out of the mine and they prove its still there by reserves.
    - recent grades from a stockpile showed up to 1% gold. 1% of 1 ton = 1000 grams per ton.
    -further grades sampled showed up to 500g/t that's 16oz per ton.
    -some were way lower.
    -Jorc reserves are impossible to fudge and a public company gets delisted for such things. Google Ausimm and Jorc code.

High grade narrow vein means they will get high and lower grades depending on ore and mullock mix. This their average reserve grades El z kindly worked out for us.

I heard the meeting was worth going to. They explained why there is flexibility that protects the project from huge gold swings. They will simply move to high grade versus lower grades based on gold prices. Anyone who went got a good update?

Its just a pity they won't take over subscriptions so we are limited in take up. Only moosie with his 53 holdings in 12 jurisdictions gets to benefit preparing for his takeover.

El z and moosie what's your current view on this one. I read the releases seems promising particularly liked the comparison to worlds highest grades.

Major did we get our site visit ?

Bullish

Legend

I think NTL will be waiting for the final cashflow into their bank account before contacting goods and services suppliers more positively. The closing date is 26th September, 5pm. That's this Thursday. I guess shareholders all have an option to either sit back and see what happens, or put in a modest amount and see if it comes back out the other side with interest. I will probably invest.

As NTL are proposing to make a bullion sand concentrate near the mine, and getting that toll treated somewhere, they have many options including sea freighting it, like OGC does at Didipio. Obviously it would be preferable to use Newmont Waihi's mill. Apparently Newmont feels a social obligation to assist in projects that put historic gold mining in a good light. They assist an educational facility at Waihi, and toll treat ore for Broken Hills Mine, because of the tourism and education slants those businesses have. The Talisman Mine has a big history, and it might later be a good sideline for NTL to offer guided tours and generally accommodate tourists and locals, as Macraes and Waihi operations do.
    Last edited by elZorro; 22-09-2013 at 03:24 PM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Does the reasonable possibility of the Greens getting into power concern you?

Disc small holding

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Does the reasonable possibility of the Greens getting into power concern you?

Disc small holding
    I think a positive, informed attitude will help here: there are probably some good deeds that NTL can do in the area around the Talisman Mine, these won't cost much and will be seen as a balance against a small local flora and fauna impact from resumed mining. There will be other positives, like more jobs in the area.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

I hope you're right Moosie. The last poll I saw had the left wing and right wing blocks reasonably close. Too close for my liking. So you feel that even if the greenies get in it will be too late to bother stopping NTL. How far in to the process will NTL be by then?

Political uncertainty is certainly not ideal!

AWOL

Back home again and catching up. Right, firstly mine visits are quite on the cards as a sheet of paper was put out for those interested to put their names down. There will be some safety issues though and I was under the impression that it wouldnt be an inspection of veins and working areas actually in the mine.
    Secondly, it seems there are a lot of people who follow Sharetrader, including some ntl management, who do not post on the threads.
    Thirdly the adjustment to directors fees was promoted on the grounds that an additional director may be needed and assurances were given that it was not to increase the incumbents fees.
    My understanding of the mine visits was that they will be contacting shareholders re this matter.
    Another thing that also came to light was they were looking into a share consolidation at some stage.
    General impression - upfront directors that are easy to talk to and all go for the eventual rhubarb season if they can get enough funds together. Its getting close.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 23-09-2013 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerbarejet View Post
    Secondly, it seems there are a lot of people who follow Sharetrader, including some ntl management, who do not post on the threads.
    Hopefully they read my comments about bogan-as-looking powerpoint presentations... Come on NTL, you've got to make NTL appear sexy.

AWOL

Hopefully they read my comments about bogan-as-looking powerpoint presentations... Come on NTL, you've got to make NTL appear sexy.
    Sorry buddy, you can only do that with strip mining