sharetrader
Page 483 of 936 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493533583 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,830 of 9358

Crikey Bluemanarc, dangling a carrot like that, and then withholding - thats NTLs style!!!

I too am a fool.

Just don't want to get anyone in trouble that's all.
    Anyway for good or worse, I am back in, lets see if my instincts are proven correct or not.

Just a comment on share market in regard to Coronavirus.
    I dont think people have quite clicked on how serious this is for the world economy with China shutting down most of its factories and the borders also soon to be closed.
    China is the factory of the world as well as a big consumer, and this is going to be a massive disrupter to many markets.

There will be a flight away from many shares and gold has already begun its climb.
    I expect severe stock market disruption and also a move to gold mining shares like NTL.
    If its not gold related stocks or gold itself, then people put in in very low interest bearing accounts for safety, or possibly property.

But I expect penny dreadfuls gold related to see some greater demand.
    And a tightly held low trading stock like NTL could see dramatic SP changes.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemanarc View Post
    Just a comment on share market in regard to Coronavirus.
    I dont think people have quite clicked on how serious this is for the world economy with China shutting down most of its factories and the borders also soon to be closed.
    China is the factory of the world as well as a big consumer, and this is going to be a massive disrupter to many markets.

There will be a flight away from many shares and gold has already begun its climb.
    I expect severe stock market disruption and also a move to gold mining shares like NTL.
    If its not gold related stocks or gold itself, then people put in in very low interest bearing accounts for safety, or possibly property.

But I expect penny dreadfuls gold related to see some greater demand.
    And a tightly held low trading stock like NTL could see dramatic SP changes.
    I have been thinking something similar. For exposure to gold on the NZX, NTL is all there is!

Now if NTL were producing then yes I would agree,but a slurry of sludge is not going to cut it with investors,having said that I did pick up a few more today at .007,someone obviously needed to sell in a hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    Hmmm.... A standard gold bar is 12.4kg or 438.9 ounces, which would be worth almost US$700,000 today.... Would have sent a pretty strong signal.... (and it would have paid for Matt Hill for a couple of years)....
    Just for the record, gold is traded in quantities as small as one gram (for about US$60) and they still call it a bar.
    "These bars weigh just 1 Gram and have dimensions of 8.5mm wide, 15mm tall, and just .55mm thick."
    https://goldprice.org/exchanges/buy-...-united-states

A shame the company couldn't produce even that much to show off - it would focus a lot of needed attention.

Gold hasn't really risen much, despite recent comments about it being a safe haven with coronavirus disruption.

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Now if NTL were producing then yes I would agree,but a slurry of sludge is not going to cut it with investors,having said that I did pick up a few more today at .007,someone obviously needed to sell in a hurry!
    Total value traded today just under $6000.

I think most of us here want to see a regular production of gold each week, and if is only 1 gram or 1 ounce per week, I don't think any one would care.

Just to see the pilot plant upgraded to be able to produce gold and have it refined somewhere and actually produce some gold each week, as per the Gold Rush, then we could see some progress and some self funding.

Exactly right Buemanarc. Producing a small quantity of gold would be just window dressing and I would think a lot of people would accuse them of that. Hopefully they have their eye on the bigger picture of commercial sustainable gold production and I think they probably have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemanarc View Post
    I think most of us here want to see a regular production of gold each week, and if is only 1 gram or 1 ounce per week, I don't think any one would care.

Just to see the pilot plant upgraded to be able to produce gold and have it refined somewhere and actually produce some gold each week, as per the Gold Rush, then we could see some progress and some self funding.
    Couldn't agree more Blue if we could get a bit of production going by mid year wouldn't that set it off. just in before the bonus shares would be nice but IMHO its more likely towards the end of the year. if however gold is up around or over $3000 an ounce by then I don't mind the weight!!